Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Jar of Hearts/first time as a professor {OPEN}

Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Jar of Hearts/first time as a professor {OPEN} Empty Jar of Hearts/first time as a professor {OPEN}

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Nova Shay was in big trouble. She was 18, only finished Hogwarts last year, her mom just got killed and she was pregnant after an one night stand with a guy that she can't remember. And the cherry on the top was the fact that it was her first time and know she'll never get that back.

Who do you think you are, running 'round leaving scars?

She was travelling to Hogwarts in the Hogwarts Express cause it was familiar to her, and she didn't want to be bothered by going by any other means of transportation. Nova was all alone and felt like crying or maybe even dying here.

I learned to live half alive.

The young woman shaked her head, making bad thoughts go away. She was always a fighter and always stayed positive. That was one of the main reasons she stayed sane in these hard times. Her eyes were shut while she was thinking of all the people who helped her along the way and tears came to her.

And it took so so long just to feel alright, remember how to put back the light in my eyes.

Jar of Hearts/first time as a professor {OPEN} Empty Re: Jar of Hearts/first time as a professor {OPEN}

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Briony walked through the train purposefully, her long woolem trenchcoat flapping about her waist in the breeze she made while she walked, moving to the professors cabin she saw only one woman there and she looked troubled.

Having never seen her before Briony assumed she was new and thus scared. Making her way over to her she sat down opposite her and smiled briefly at her though her gaze remained cold and steely.

"Hello, I've not seen you around, are you new?"
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Jar of Hearts/first time as a professor {OPEN} Empty Re: Jar of Hearts/first time as a professor {OPEN}

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 pm

She was almost scared by the pressence of the beautiful woman that approached her. Nova tried to look less scared and more confident, balancing with her best fake face and emptiness inside her. Tears were wiped, hair was fixed, face was stiffened and hands were raised.

"Yes, I'm new" she responded softly. "I'm Nova Shay Doherty, the new flying professor."

The woman looked awfully familiar to her, perhaps she met her when she was still going to Hogwarts, but Nova was sure she didn't take her classes before.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Briony could see that the woman, for whatever reason, didn't want her to pick up on the fact that she was upset, so she didn't, after all it was really none of her business, however she didn't want to appear completely callous.

"Well Nova. If you ever need help, just come find me."

Extending her hand Briony smirked:

"Briony, Briony Romain."

It was then that she made another observation, the woman, Nova was very young and had possibly only just graduated from Hogwarts, she must be quite good in her field, she thought.

"I teach muggle duelling."
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:54 pm

"I'm sorry if it seems that I don't want to talk about my problems, and it's kind of obvious I have them. I just feel to fragile now to talk about everything again. I'll fall apart, you know."

She spilled too much to this woman and now she hoped she didn't scare her or anything.

They shook hands. Nova never took muggle duelling, just regular duelling so that was the reason of not knowing this young professor.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Briony looked at the young lady in front of her and she sighed slightly, it was clear she wore her heart on her sleeve and she needed some help, whether she admitted that or not.

"See, I know this sounds harsh, but I don't really have any burning curiosity to know what your problem is, and if you don't want to tell me that's fine."

Leaning forwards in her seat, as if sharing some important information that, to be fair to her Nova probably already knew herself.

"But I do know, that if you bottle it up you'll self destruct, and I do care about that, so, when you're ready, you come see me."

Briony took off her coat, draped it over her seat and smiled softly, her wand one side of her waist, her dagger attatched to her thigh, both key to making her feel safe.
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 am

She thought that Briony was rather nice to her, she wouldn't call anything she says harsh so she almost smiled at her comment.

Nova looked at her still flat stomach as if she was afraid of it growing in the next few seconds and revealing her secret. She shook of that thought, remembering that she was less than a month pregnant and it was impossible to be already showing so she relaxed again.

"Oh, okay then.", she responded, slightly blushing in the process.

Then the worst thing happened - she felt sick and ran to the bathroom in panic, probably scaring the woman. When she returned Nova just murmured an excuse.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 am

Briony nodded at Nova as she agreed with her statement, biting her lip she widened her eyes as Nova ran to the bathroom and age half stood up to follow her but then she sat back down, thinking.

Well, there was always that which was causing a problem for her, but it couldn't be that, it couldnt be because that wouldn't be such a massive problem...unless...

Briony tilted her head up and smiled at Nova as she returned.

"Make it in time?"
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:15 pm

"Oh, I made it alright." she responded sarcastically. "I would just for once liked for me to be okay while I'm traveling by a train. I always get sick and it's starting to get on my nerves."

Nova was technically telling the truth. Well, a part of the truth at least. Even when she was going to Hogwarts as a student she felt sick of this kind of travel. If she could avoid it then she would, but now she was clinging to that familiar thing more than anything.

"Do you think I should go check on our students?", she asked her shyly. "I mean to introduce myself or something."

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Briony smiled sympathetically, it surely wasnt nice being ill on the train, but then again there were potions for things like this so it could be stopped easily she supposed.

"Well just dont hurl on me okay?"

Smirking Briony shrugged her shoulders.

"If you want to, it might be good for you to distract your thoughts if you feel ill go for a walk down the train or something."
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:37 pm

"And I drank like 2 potions already, and I still feel like poo", she said while smiling. "Don't worry, I'm all better now."

Briony was very nice to her, and made her smile for the first time in few days. And not that fake smiling she was used to, honest smiling like she did before.

"I suppose I'll go check on the kiddies."

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Briony smiled and she got up to look in the cupboard on the train, inside there was a small bottle of firewhiskey with her name on it.

"I'll probably still be here when you come back, after all, it's a train you can't really go anywhere."

Smiling briefly again Briony took a book out of her coat pocket and flicked to the place where her page was marked.
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:50 am

Andria walked towards the Professor Cabins at the train, carrying her light luggage and her violin in a case. She looked for a compartment she could share with. She was new as the Dueling instructor and hoped that she would make some adult friends this time around. This was indeed her new life and this is the chance to make the most out of it. But realization took place that even though she can stay at the school, she can never resist the love of her parents that have always been there for her from the very start. And that was her usual summer.

Scanning the sides of the glass sliding doors, she caught one at a glance and knocked before opening in to let her head pop in. Andria didn't know a lot of the professors except for the Headmaster himself. Her expectations that these people will be welcoming her and kind to her wasn't really enough to put trust in them. She made that mistake before but with another much different reason.

"Mind if I join you?" She asked the two professors shyly before even deciding whether to talk or to not to and have an empty compartment herself. She wouldn't let that loner side come to her every now and then.

Last edited by Andria Fallen on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:40 am

It seemed just as one professor was going another one came, it was so strange the way that they appeared in dribs and drabs and it doesn't seem to have any actual pattern, looking at the woman who just entered the room she smiled, seemed she was musical just like herself.

"Hello, no, don't mind at all."

Moving back to the seat with firewhiskey in hand Briony looked at the woman again and smiled briefly.

"Briony Romain, and you are?"
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 am

Andria entered and smiled at the welcoming greeting she never had in mind. She put her things easily on the compartment rack and sat at the available seat given to her. "Andria Fallen. I believe you are the Muggle Dueling instructor. Pleased to meet you. Call me Andi." She offered to Briony and to the other professor.

She slumped back on the comfy chair and gazed out into the window. She hoped that this coming school year will be a blast. Not literally, but just the way she expected it to be. With regards that more students are coming now even if the war will still proceed.

Andria thought deep about the last meeting of the order. There was nothing to be really excited or to look forward to. Were her skills enough to obtain their goals? Is she really that influencing and diplomatic in a way that maybe, hopefully, the members of the other orders might understand her? What more to the students, children to be exact? They're so young to experience them all. Not capable enough to handle themselves properly. What would happen to them if someone got hurt, or even die? God forbid that to happen.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:03 am

Briony smiled softly at Andi, although inside she was less than pleased at someone knowing her name and her job without her telling them, although she knew it was commonly gained information she still bristled a little bit with the knowledge that she knew that.

"Indeed I am, it seems that someone has spoken well of me..."

Smirking she turned to look out of the same window and sighed wearily, pouring a shot of firewhiskey and downing it in one, with a happy smile.

"Want some?"
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Andria laughed softly and took Briony's offer with a nod of thanks. She drank slowly and answered why she knew her position that seemed to make the professor sort of uneasy through what she observed. She held the half-empty glass and explained shortly,

"Well, we're like both Dueling professors. And I've heard quite some before I taught. Is your subject different from Muggle Studies? I mean, I've mistaken it for a while. Thought it was the same when I was studying. Guess they changed it. I'm still adapting to the new environment now. I just came back after ages." Andria said to come up with a topic while consuming the firewhiskey. She never thought that alcoholic drinks was allowed there. But she just reckoned that things changed now.

She gave out a low sigh, remembering those memories when she was sitting at the students' cabin with her friends and looking forward to coming back to their home. She never expected that she would be here, sitting with a bunch of fellow professors. It was not really what she intented it to be, but blessed and honored that all of that happened. Was teaching her main reason? Or was it just to escape the past?

Andria cleared her mind from going on what's inside her brain. She became silent, waiting for their reply whether it's nice or not since it can be possible that they can be disturbed by that topic, and replaced of what she was thinking of musical notes instead.
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Nova decided she'll stay for a while and then go check on the students. That turned out to be a good idea because another person came in and introduced herself to them. She was willing to take every opportunity to blend in with the rest of the staff.

"Nova Shay Doherty, nice to meet you", she said politely to the newcomer.

Then she sat down and listened to Briony an Andria talking, not wanting to bother them because she was too shy to try to communicate any more.
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 pm

Andria beamed at Nova from the top of her glass and asked her the common question she would offer, "You're also new here, right? Haven't seen you around since my last lesson. What subject do you teach? Call me Andi by the way."
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:45 pm

The young woman blushed shyly at the question meant for her. As a student, she was well adjust, had many friends, was popular and outgoing but now was a completely different situation. She pulled herself together, using all of her courage to respond.

"Yes, I'm the new flying professor. And you?"

Nova smiled softly to her. She thought that she was doing okay.
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Andria smiled back, noticing that Nova somewhat blushed and answered the question, "The Wizard Dueling instructor." she paused, reliving when she had Flying lessons back then and chuckled softly, remembering her manners and told her story to the new professor,

"You know, I'm not that really good in Flying to be honest. Especially when I was younger. I'd prefer Apparating and through the Floo Network when I found out there are other ways. But that took me years to actually master and good thing I've had enough patience. That subject is not really the thing where I get high grades on."
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Her face lightened up as she started talking about her favorite subject -flying.

"Apparation is okay, but flying was always my thing. I was the captain of our quidditch team, I was supposed to become a pro but then...well things happened and now I'm here and..."

She almost felt like crying again. Nova pulled herself together and pretended nothing happened.

"You know, I could teach you a few flying tricks if you want."

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:02 pm

Briony watched was the two professors engaged in conversation and she bit her lip while pouring another shot of firewhiskey, sipping it as she absorbed the conversation, it seemed Nova was very passionate about flying.

"We are indeed both duelling professors, and no, I used to teach duelling but they decided to split them in two, for some odd reason."

Raising her eyebrow Briony sipped the alcohol and grinned and began to think about the difference.

"I teach people physical violence."
    Nova Doherty
    Nova Doherty
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Nova Doherty Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 am

"My favorite kind of violence", she responded with a smile on her face.
    Andria Fallen
    Andria Fallen
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Andria Fallen Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:38 am

Andria chuckled low and beamed at what her fellow professors had said. She was not that violent. Biased at it was since that never came out of her just once. She was an expert when it comes to controlling her anger and patience. The last time she did blow, was three years back. Three years and counting. Waiting to forget and move on.

She sighed after she gulped the last shot of firewhiskey and settled the glass down on the center table. She then went on with the conversation,

"I think I'm a little older to learn Flying again. I know it of course by now. But I reckon even if I'd agree for the lessons, we'll all be busy with work. So it may be dependent on the chances." Andria paused, and answered her opinion about violence and the main difference of the past subject of Hogwarts, to the new one of Briony.

"My guts are not that enough to be teaching violence. I'm like the soft person. As you can see. But either way, I haven't really seen myself go that too far. This side of me can sometimes be a burden when it comes to trust though. And I don't like it that way. I can be tricked, manipulated, deceived."

She sighed heavily and stopped the words coming out of her mouth before she would spill it all out. She asked a question instead to them both to replace the topic,

"So how are the students handling all that physical stuff? I bet they're scared to hell with the violence part. Flying is guaranteed to be enjoyable."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 pm