Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Lesson One- 4th years

Lesson One- 4th years Empty Lesson One- 4th years

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 am

Miles walked into the classroom, he made sure he was early he wanted to arrive before his students so that he could have one last quick glance over his notes before the class started as well as he wanted to make sure he made a good first impression, being a new Professor and all

Miles placed down his notes on the desk, then sat down and looked over what they would be doing this lesson, he was really passionate about this subject, so he wanted to make it as interesting as possible he didn't want a sterotypical boring history of magic lesson

Miles saw an empty glass on the corner of his desk and pulled out his wand "Aguamenti" the glass soon filled up with water, Miles reached out for the glass and took a sip of water just to calm himself, he then waited for his students to arrive
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Lesson One- 4th years Empty Re: Lesson One- 4th years

Post by Diane Scamander Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:47 am

Diane was very excited for History of Magic. It was one of her best subjects. Being a Half-Blood, she has quite a lot of knowledge about Magic. And now, she's ready to show the new professor her talents.

She walked to class with a huge grin on her face. She's pretty early. "Well, I guess I'll be a bit more punctual too, this year"

She pushed the door and gave the new professor a friendly smile. "Good Day, Sir"
    She sat on the front desk and took out her textbooks.

It was going to be a good day.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:31 am

Miles saw the door open and in came a Gryffindor girl, excellent, we do have some students signing up for my class Miles thought to himself, the girl was very sweet and gave a warm smile when she greeted Miles

She sat in the front row and already began getting out her books Miles was impressed how eager she was to learn, he could see Gryffindor earning some points in his class today

Miles smiled back at the girl, " Hello, Im Professor Bloxam, and your name is?" Miles asked as he watched the girl quickly setting out her books in a very neat manner

Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:39 am

"Oh, I'm Diane Scamander, Sir." She replied as politely as she could.

She found the professor rather sweet and calm. She sensed he'd be a great professor. Like Gene.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:32 am

Miles smiled at the girl as she introduced herself, " Nice to meet you Diane" Miles then looked over that the clock on the wall and noticed the it had already been ten mintues into the lesson and still no more students had arrived he looked over at the door hoping to see a group of students walk in

Miles then let out a sigh " Well I guess the other students would prefer their old Professor back not some newbie fresh out of his Professorship" Miles said to Diane.

Miles then walked over towards the his desk and quickly looked at his notes, he then walked back in front of his desk and addressed Diane " Well I don't think anymore are coming lets get started" Miles said, a smile appeared across his face as she realised he was just about to conduct his first lesson

" Ok so today we will be studying the Ministry of Magic from its early beginings to current times, So Diane for five points to Gryffindor can you tell who the first Minster of Magic was, now i'll give you a clue the date is 1980" Miles looked at Diane, eagerly waiting for her answer
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Diane pitied the professor.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.... those lazy students.
    She didn't expect only her to sign up. there has to be more. It's just that... they don't seem to be punctual in any way.

The professor then proceeded with the lesson and asked Diane a question.
    She stood up and answered, "It would be.. Millicent Bagnold. Who served the Ministry from 1980 to 1990"

"Uuumm... would that be correct, sir?"

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Miles was shocked that Diane knew as much as she did, he was quite impressed my her knowledge " Yes thats absoulutely correct, five points to Gryffindor"

" During Millicent's term in office she saw the downfall of the dark wizard " Lord Voldemort" she also is famous for rounding up and sentencting Bellatrix Lestrange, Rodolphus, Igor, Rabastan and Karkaroff to a life time sentence in Azkaban and these five poeple were considered to be quite notrious and faithful Death Eaters"

Miles then paused for a moment then looked at Diane " Oh Diane I will just get you to write all this down sorry" Miles leaned back on his desk "now the next notiable Minsiter of Magic was of course is Cornelius Fudge"

Miles waited for Diane to finish writing after she was done he smiled " So what can you tell me about this interesting fellow Diane?" Miles asked

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 am

(OOC: Oi, now! You should at least give us a couple days to arrive, dude! >.<)

So many classes. So many people. Surely this was her last torture session. No... she still had one more class after this...

Ondrea stood outside the History of Magic classroom, simply staring at the door trying to steady her rapid breathing. It's just a class, Drea. Sure, History sucks, but that's all. Just a class. Just... don't look at the professor, any maybe he won't ask you any questions, yeah?

For Merlin's sake, you're gonna be late!
    Still, she stood there, though she couldn't say how long. Seconds? Minutes? Hours? The last, at least, was unlikely. People would've started walking the corridors again, starting the living hell out of her, once more.

Somehow, the distance between Ondrea and the classroom vanished and the door was opened and she was stepping inside. It sounded like class had already started. Merlin, class had already started!

Ondrea bit down on her lip to hold back an anxious whimper, giving a sharp nod in the direction of the professor, hoping he took it as the apology it was meant to be. All but collapsing into the nearest seat, Ondrea stared down at her tightly clasped hands.

I'm not gonna die... I'm not gonna die... I'm not gonna die...

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:27 am

Miles then looked up at the door as he saw a student enter, he was quite surprized he felt sure that no more of his students would appear. It was a Ravenclaw girl he noticed that she seemed to be a little nervous and uneasy

Miles looked at watched the girl while she took a seat and smiled at her " Oh hello, nice of you to come" Miles then waved his wand over the chalk and it began writing the information about Millicent Bagnold on the board "I'll just get you to write that down if you will" Miles said talking to the Ravenclaw girl

Miles then walked back behind his desk and looked at his class list and noitced he had three more students enrolled in his class, he then looked up at his class " Well just finish writing all that down and we'll just wait for the other students to come" Miles said

[OOC: Sorry i was just really eager to start the class, and the other students have been particpating in their other classes, so i figured may as well start, but I will keep that in mind for lesson 2]
    Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:38 pm

"Cornelius Fudge." Diane said, standing up. "He was the Minister for Magic from 1990 to 1996. He succeeded Millicent Bagnold and was also one of the lucky ones to have seen the boy who lived. Not to mention he refused to believe Harry's claim that Voldemort was alive. And also, taking back what he said. Thus, causing the wizarding community to scream for his resignation."

"I, for one, think that it was for his own good. I mean, I consider it a crime to even doubt the famous Harry Potter," she added. "Well, I kinda idolize Harry"

Just then someone came in. She was a Ravenclaw.

"Hello," Diane greeted her with a smile.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:14 am

Miles got up from his seat and then thought its best for him to start, they had a lot to get through, Miles then stood in front of the desk and looked at his two students

" Yes Miss Scamander thats correct im very impressed with you knowledge in this class" Miles then looked over at the Ravenclaw girl and gave a smile trying to include her in the class

" So would you be able to tell me who the next Minister of Magic was after Cornelius Fudge you there in the back" Miles said trying to sound as polite and encouraging as possible

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:47 am

Ondrea flinched when the professor addressed her, ink from her quill spattering across her parchment. When had she gotten parchment out? For that matter, when had she inked her quill? Maybe she was dissociating...

What had he asked? Oh. Minister of Magic. Artemisia Lufkin, Grogan Stump, Lionel Hend- her brain started frantically listing. Ondrea shook her head. No, you dummy! After Fudge!

"R-r... Ru-Ru-Rufus S-S-Scri-imge-geor, p-pro... si-ir," Ondrea stammered out. "O-o-only one ye-ear, th-hen he... w-was k-killed by De-eath E-Eaters."

(OOC: Meh, it's all good. You may start your lessons as soon as you like - I was teasing mostly. Razz Just keep in mind that sometimes it can take a day or two for students to 'show up' because handlers have busy RLs, is all.)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:35 am

Miles had a lot of difficulty trying to understand the Ravenclaw girl as for she was stutering quite bad, but he was just able to make out the name Rufus Scrimgeour Miles smiled at the girl

" Yes thats is correct, and he was also killed by Death Eaters very well 5 points to Ravenclaw for that added information" Miles said, Miles was quite happy and pleased to have such engaging students

Miles then took a sip of water then carried on " Ok so the next Minister of Magic was Pius Thicknesse. Now he was a very dark Minister this was at the time when the dark wizard Voldemort had control over the Ministry, Pius Thickness introduced a new law which discriminated against muggle borns and prosecuted them for allegedly stealing magic"

Miles then paused and looked around at his class " So under Thicknesse laws i would have been percived as stealing magic" Miles let out a small laugh

"Now the Ministry at this time had a very famous motto, so can anybody tell me what that motto was?" Miles asked looking at his two students with a smile

Diane Scamander
    Diane Scamander
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Diane Scamander Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Diane titled her head to think.

Magic is.. Master.. Magic is.. Myth.. Magic is Migh...

"Might!" she exclaimed, standing up. "Magic is Might!!!"
    She let out a small laugh before sitting down again.

"I can't believe I forgot about that professor!"

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:46 am

Miles looked over at Diane as she randomly yelled out might, Miles looked over at her expextanly, she then said the full motto Miles gave a little laugh " Once again your right Diane five points to Gryffindor"

Miles then waved his chalk his wand over the chalk and it began writing up all the Minsters of Magic and a small bit of info on them "So the next Minsiter of Magic was Kingsley Shacklebolt he basically worked hard to bring back and restore the Ministry after the Thicknesse, and then of course finally theres our current Minsiter of Magic Antoinette Weatherby”

Miles then went behind his desk and sat down “ Now just copy whats on the board, and then we can get started with your in class assessment due at the end of the lesson” Miles then opened up one of his folders and began pulling out the criteria sheet and reading over it

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Ondrea blinked. Her quill was still in hand, but she'd yet to actually write anything. Instead, there was a puddle of ink on her parchment and her quill nub was dry.

Dunking her quill in her ink again, she quickly copied the notes from her board around the ink splotch on her page. She'd spaced out again. That had been happening with greater frequency, actually. Ondrea blamed her parents. They were going to make her talk to someone about her problems. No wonder she was dissociating. The mere thought or sharing her deepest secrets with a stranger was absolutely terrifying.

She had copied the same line three times without noticing. Sighing, Ondrea put her quill aside. She'd just study the textbook again. If she didn't dissociate while reading, maybe the information would stick.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Miles looked up and noticed the Ravenclaw girl waasn't writing but reading her textbook, Miles gave a small smile thinking that she had finished writing down all the notes and that she was doing extra reading A true Ravenclaw Miles thought to himself

He then looked over at her " Are you finished Miss, would you like me to give you your in class assesement now?" Miles asked as he looked at the Ravenclaw, it had just dawned on Miles then that he didn't know this girls name
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Karma walked into the classroom with a small sigh. She'd nearly forgotten about History of Magic. Her eyes searched the nearly-empty classroom, noting that there was only three people in it, counting the professor. She grinned when she realized it was Miles - she hastily corrected herself Professor Bloxam - teaching this class as well.

She schooled her expression into one of exhaustion. "Sorry about being so late... Professor." She slid into a seat and sighed. "The boys were messing about in the common room, I barely had time to reconstruct the furnature before it was destroyed again, you know how Slytherins are. By the time I was done, I was so horribly late that I had to run to get here." The lie rolled off her tongue as easily as if it had really happened, and as she told it, she constructed a false memory to prove it, just incase he decided on Occlumency. He had taught that course as well, hadn't he?

"I'm dreadfully sorry for being late, I mean, History of Magic is one of my favorite courses." This was a lie based in truth. She'd loved history of magic last year.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 am

Miles looked over at the door as another student entered, it was Karma and she was quite late, Miles felt a wave of disappointment for some reason the students just didn't appreciate or respect him much, perhaps it was because he was fresh out of teachers college

Karma told him that she was caught up in the common room, " Thats alright then, just write down whats on the board and after your finished I'll be setting the class your in class assesment, of course arriving so late you are at a great disadvantaged but sadly theres nothing I can do about that Miss Black"

Miles then finished organising the criteria a sheet and felt bad that Karma had missed out on so much, he then looked up at her " Karma, would you be able to tell me the names of the boys which caused you to be late, I'll report them to Professor Doherty"

Post by Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:30 am

Ondrea's mind was still frozen on the words 'in class assessment' when someone suddenly entered the classroom. She flinched in surprise, shaking letting out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding.

The professor seemed to have momentarily forgotten about her and her in class assessment and Ondrea was content to keep it that way for a bit. Slouching down in her seat, she turned her attention back to her textbook, going so far as to prop it up so she could hide behind it.

What did he mean by 'in class assessment', anyway? If it was written, that would be okay, but if it were verbal... Ondrea would never get the words out, she just knew she wouldn't.

(OOC: Sorry, hectic week. >.<)
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:10 pm

"I... I can't do that, Professor." For one thing, it'd be a huge fight in the common room for nothing, and for another... "A Snitch in Slytherin is more likely to be dead than a Inferi. The only way I'd do that is under Veritaserum, and I know better than to drink something unsealed." She sighed. "No disrespect, Professor, but you must understand why I just... can't. They weren't hurting anyone."

Karma pulled out some parchment and copied down the facts on Millicent Bagnold. First Minister of Magic. Not that the Ministry had done anything to help them against the Muggles. With a silent scowl, Karma copied it all down.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Miles looked at Karma was a confused look

" Right... I see" Miles said something just didn't seem right to him, but he didn't have to to investigate this matter would have to do it after class

Miles then leaned back in his chair waiting for the rest of the class to finish so he could give them their first piece of assesment

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm