Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Sitting there ( anyone)

Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Sitting there ( anyone) Empty Sitting there ( anyone)

Post by Tessa Grey Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 am

Tessa finally made it up to the library, sometime she wondered how she did it. Not being able to see was really hard, and it made her look like she was drunk. Because she was stumbling all the time. She then walked over and sat down in a chair, being blind always made her tired.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Sitting there ( anyone) Empty Re: Sitting there ( anyone)

Post by Ci Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:24 am

Ciar watched the other girl as she stumbled through the library, seemingly looking for something. Once she took a seat, looking tired, the Irish teen inhaled quickly through her nose. The girl was blind which explained why she stumbled. Ciar knew that unless this girl could find her natural grace she'd never be able to duel properly.

Slipping from her place behind a row of books Ciar made her way soundlessly over to the girl. "What is your name, girl," she asked quietly, keeping her distance, lest she startle the other girl. One never knew what the blind could and couldn't detect with their other senses.
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:34 am

Tessa became still, because she could feel someone new was around her. This girl must have seen that she was stumbling, Tessi only wished that she could be gracefull. She then blinked a little bit. " My name is Tessa Grey." How she wished that she could see right, then she wouldn't be scared of falling.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:46 am

Ciar watched the girl grow still and the blink of unseeing eyes. "Tessa Grey," she said tasting the name on her tongue. "An interesting name." So this girl could detect when people were around her but wasn't sure how to react to them. The teen smirked. This could work to her advantage, she could give the girl back her confidence in exchange for loyalty.

Circling around Grey's chair Ciar sized up the girl before her. It would take work but the girl would be eternally grateful to her. "Would you like to be able to walk properly again, Grey," she asked, her gentle voice hiding any of the darkness within her. "Would you like to be able to see without the use of your sight?"
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 am

Tessa could feel that this girl was watching her, looking her over like a hawk. She was really starting to hate the feeling. Tessi was taking in all the questions, but really wasn't sure what she was getting out. But curiuosity always got the better of her. " Of course I would love to be able to walk somewhere, and not have someone ask if I am drunk." That was one of things that she was hated cause she was blind. " What do you mean see without using sight?"
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Ciar continued circling, the soft leather on her feet making little sound on the library floor. There was curiosity that drove Grey. Curiousity and underneath it all a determination to not want to be seen as a drunk or disabled anymore.

"Take the focus away from your eyes. Channel it into your other senses," Ciar whispered so the girl would actually have to listen to hear her. "I can teach you how to tell almost every aspect of the world around you merely by focusing on using your other senses." The teen stopped and she scraped her leather boot across the floor. "Do you trust me to awaken you, Tessa Grey," she asked. "Do you wish for me to teach you the skills you will need to survive in this world?" By the end of it all Ciar would get each of her expanding follower base to swear loyalty to her. She'd be back on the road to returning House Whelan to it's glorious past.
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:52 pm

For a couple of seconds it sounded too good to be true. But if it was true, she didn't want to pass up an offer. It wasn't like this came to her everyday. Tessi knew that she should be scared and decided to take here up on the offer. She took in a couple of deep breaths. " If you can teach me, I will be willing to learn." Tessi just hoped that she was making a good decison, but she didn't want to be seen as helpless anymore.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:36 pm

Ciar smirked. It was so simple to play the game when you knew how and viewed the rules as guidelines. Some people were easy to manipulate and thus easier to corrupt to her ways. Laughing on the inside the teen's inner darkness grew and began to flourish.

"You must promise that once you start learning from me you must continue until I deem you are ready," Ciar stated keeping her voice steady and trustworthy. "You may be willing, but are you determined. Because once you start you can't turn back." Grey eyes flashing she growled, "If you are determined then stand up!"
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Tessa blinked as she thougt about it. This was a chance to be normal and she wasn't going to let this pass by. She then slowly started to stand up. As if she wasn't sure what she wanted to do. Tessi did know that this person might be able to help her.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Ciar stared hard at the girl in front of her. "Do you so swear, Tessa Grey, that you shall follow my teachings, look upon me as a mentor and a guide, and devote yourself to my direction?" She stepped forward and placed her hand in front of the girl's face. "If you swear it then I shall teach you how to bring light to your darkness. I shall teach you the skills and knowledge you will need before long."

"In front of you is an object. Even though you cannot see it you should be able to tell what it is," Ciar said, slipping into tutor mode. "Use your senses. Hone in on your surroundings."
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Tessa looked at her. " I swear." She was used to having an object that she couldn't see. This came with being blind, but to use her other senses. She then reached out her handing, hoping that she could feel the object. She really wasn't sure what it was that was infront of her. But she knew that she must try, since she swore that she would try. And the thought of being able to see without using her eyes, would be nice. And she knew that she might not feel so bad around Ruby, cause Ruby could see and Tessi couldn't.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Ciar smirked and took her hand away causing a disturbance in the air in front of Grey's face. This girl had potential, now she just had to be taught how to use it properly. With a twirl the Irish teen moved back a couple steps causing her boot to grind against the stone floor and her robes to rustle and make a small wind in their wake.

Turning to the other girl again Ciar rubbed her fingers over her cheek. "You rely on your sense of touch," she commented. "Now there were three other things you should have been able to detect if not more. Tell me what you thought they were."
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Tessa started to ponder for a couple of seconds. She was trying to rememeber all of her sense, something that she would never think about. Because it would come naturally to her. But this was because she was used to being blind and had to rely on her senses.

" I could have gone by my sense of." That is when she had to stop an actually think about it. She was going to say hearing or taste, but she thought that she would be wrong. But it was like she was used to being wrong a lot. She was doing her best, and that is all she could do.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Ciar scowled even though she knew Grey couldn't see it. Why was the girl so damn unsure of herself? She couldn't release her inner potential unless she get some more confidence. This was going to take some drastic measures.

"Take a step forward, Grey," she commanded the authorative air that she usually used on her underlings taken precedence over her gentle coaxing manner. "You shan't fall. Now without using your hands how would you be able to tell where you are walking and what you are walking on? Think and answer. The time for being hesitant and worried about being wrong is over." Ciar herself had left that stage behind a long time ago after having it almost beaten out of her.
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Tessa sighed a little bit, she knew that she Ciar was disappointed in her. But she knew that she was trying her hardest. She keep reminding herself that Rome wasn't built in one day.

She then took a step forward, but she had her hands trying to figure out. Tessa then started to feel like she was helpless again. Over the summer she remember that they would let her walk bare foot, so she know that she was outside in the grass. Tessa was getting frustrated with herself, she only hoped that Ciar had enough patience with her. “ No I can't tell you where I am.”
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Ciar sighed and ran her hand over her face. This was going to be harder than she thought. They might need multiple sessions before they got anywhere near weaponry. Quickly devising a new plan she decided that it was time for a new direction. Not much of a change but different from where she had been going.

"How does one know if they are on solid ground, Grey," she asked as if addressing a student. "What sense would tell you that? No, no. Answer that second. First tell me what the six senses are." Ciar smiled most knew only the regular five and usually forgot the sixth and seventh. She trusted her seventh more than most other people.
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Tessa blinked a little bit. “ Six sense?” She then started to ponder for a while. “ I know how tastes, touch, hearing, smell and of course sight. But she knew that she couldn't use the last one. Tessa could tell that Ciar was getting now where with her.

She was curious why she said six sense. “ I actually never heard of the six sense.” Tessa remember a muggle movie called The Sixth Sense. But she was sure that probably didn't have anything to do with this. All she knew that she was trying her best, but her best wasn't cutting it.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:53 am

"Balance," Ciar stated simply. Circling around the girl the Irish teen wondered how much of what she was saying was actually making sense to the girl. She did have a tendency to act older than she was and sometimes it made her teaching methods harder to understand. Especially since she had learned all of this at such a young age.

"Our sense of balance is what keeps us upright. A drunken person stumbles because their sense of balance has been compromised," the teen continued. "Our sense of sight aids our balance by telling us what way in the world up is. Your ears can work in much the same way. They have fluid in them that help you balance." Ciar's dueling tutor had been trained as a field Healer and had taught her extensively about the human body and what it was capable of. He was the one the blindfolded her for a month at a time to learn what it was like to be truly blind.

Looking the other girl up and down Ciar questioned again, "You know you are standing upright. How do you know, without being able to see it, that you are on something solid?"
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:26 pm

After thinking about it for a couple of seconds, it made sense. Tessa was trying her best to understand and learn. But she found it hard to focus. She guessed that Ciar was getting frustrated with her. Tessa knew that she wasn't the best student, but tried her best.

Everything that Ciar was saying about balance was making sense. But for some reason, Tessa wasn't understanding it. It was like everything was going above her head. Tessa never knew about the reason behind the six sense, heck she didn't even know about it. At this time, she felt like she was being tutored.

Tessa thought about the question for a couple of seconds. She was trying to think of the answer. Cause she have actually never thought of it it before. How if she knew she was on solid ground. “ I usually walk, and pray that it is solid.” But she knew that wasn't the answer that Ciar was looking for. Tessa started to feel sorry that Ciar was trying to teach her, and she wasn't understanding any of it.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:57 pm

Internally sighing Ciar wondered how this girl had survived this long without learning to rely on her other senses. In Ciar's world she would have been dead within the week, maybe two if she was lucky. Maybe a more practical approach was needed. Some people only learned by a physical example and not by the conventional teaching methods.

Stepping in front of the girl Ciar took the girls hands in her own. "Now trust me," she said gently. "Take a step forward." As the girl to a tentative step forward the Irish teen took a step back so that they were still the same distance apart. "Do you feel the solid stone under your shoes? Did you hear the scrape of the soles against the stone as you moved? That is how you determine what is around your feet. You have to feel it and hear it. Sometimes, depending on the object you can smell it." Maybe now she'd be able to get through to Grey. Maybe the physical tutoring would be the right way.
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Tessa could tell that Ciar was sighing and that she was upset. She knew that she could only give it her best. But she would have to start trying even harder. Knowing that she was different and couldn’t see, it should push her to do a lot better. To prove that just because she was blind, that she could still do anything.

She knew that she had to trust Ciar, and she knew she would never let her fall. Slowly she took another step forward. Tessa had to push the thoughts away that were telling her that she was going to fall. “Yes I did feel how it was different than walking on a flat surface. “ She then paused for a couple of seconds, as if to remember what sounds her shoes made. “Yes I did hear my soles of my shoes scraped as I took a step forward. I know every person has a different smell.” Tessa then hoped that Ciar was please with her.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:39 am

Ciar inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. So physical tutoring was the way to go with this one. Everyone learned in a different way and Ciar wasn't used to having to change her teaching style for anyone. Now all she had to do was keep it up. It would take a long time but a loyal follower for life was worth the time.

"Good," she said, "you have just taken your first step on broadening your view on the world." Letting the girl's hands drop Ciar continued, "Not only does every person have a different smell, everything in the world has a different smell, especially if your nose is keen enough. Even the very stones have scents attached to them. It's how a dog tracks its target, by picking up scents from everything." Scraping her boot across the stone again Ciar took a step back. "Everything also has a different sound. People's voices are different and sometimes you can even tell what mood their in by the slight variations in their voice."

Closing her eyes and expanding her other senses outwards Ciar stated, "Now open your senses to the world around you. What do you hear? What do you smell? What do you feel, not just with your skin but with your soul?"
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:25 pm

Tessa smiled a little bit, knowing that that Ciar was pleased. She knew that she was doing something right. But she knew that she needed to continue on trying harder.

She knew about that everybody had a different smell. And also everything in the world, but she had never heard about the stones. “ What do you mean every stone has a different scent?” This was something that Tessa had never heard of. But she remember that she asked to be taught. Hoping that she would be more confident t with herself. She knew really understood about how dogs could track, she remembered for hours of her mother explaining about a bloodhound. Tessa knew about the differences in people voice. That is how she could tell if they were mad or upset with her. And sometimes she felt that Ciar was getting upset with her. Because at first, Tessa wasn't understanding what she was saying.

Tessa then started to listen carefully to what was around her. “ I hear people talking, about what I have no idea.” The more she listen, the more she could hear. “ I can hear the flipping of the pages on books.” She then decided that it was best if she tried to smell something. “ I can smell fruitful chapstick.” She then tried to focas a lot harder.
    Ci
    Ci
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ci Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 am

Letting her senses broaden and wander Ciar found herself floating in a heightened strata of the world. Taking in a deep, cleansing breath she let it out in a sigh. Grey was starting to understand but it would take a while yet before she had the senses Ciar did.

Letting her voice take on the seldom heard melodious Irish lilt the teen said, "I hear the rustling of parchment and the scratching of a quill across parchment. I can hear the younger girls three rows over talking about the latest gossip." She took another breath. "I can smell ink, parchment, leather, the flagstone under my feet, and the basalt of the walls. I can feel the air move around me and taste the subtleties of the different smells infused in it. I can feel the thrum of the castle's magic as it surrounds and penetrates each of us."

She stopped moving and let her senses go wild. "I can even hear the books whispering to me," Ciar whispered. "Everything, whether animate or not has a smell, a texture, a taste. Even a lifeforce. In Ireland we believe that is is the land that gives us our magic. Everything is connected to one another and everything has a spirit and speaks to you, if you just listen hard enough."
    Tessa Grey
    Tessa Grey
    Fifth Year Prefect
    Fifth Year Prefect

Post by Tessa Grey Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:53 am

Tessa smiled a little bit. She could tell that Ciar could see that she was finally understanding what she was teaching. That means that Tessa must have been doing something right. And she knew that she had to keep it up. This means she would have to push herself harder. She couldn't let herself be distracted with knowing that she was doing good. Tessa wanted to do better.

She wished that she could hear everything that Ciar was. But she knew that soon she would. She knew that this would take time. And time was something that Tessa had a lot of. After Ciar said this, it only frustrated that Tessa didn't say any of these. But she knew that she shouldn't be so hard on herself. She was only learning, and this was only her first lesson. In time she was sure that she would see what Ciar did.

Tessa then decided it was best to make a note of everything that Ciar was telling her. Cause she knew that this would only help her. She had never heard of everything having a spirit. But then again this was something new to her. Tessa wanted to stay asking questions, but she didn't know how to word it. And she was scared that she would say something wrong. But she then reminded herself that she was learning and this was new to her. “ What do you mean everything has a spirit?” This only made Tessa more curiouser.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:23 am