Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Talking to the Moon (Invite only)

Talking to the Moon  (Invite only) Empty Talking to the Moon (Invite only)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:39 pm

Raven was sitting in the middle of the dark forest clearing. It was late at night and the only sounds that could be heard were her own soft voice and the rustling of the wind. Her legs were folded in front of her and her black hair was sprailed over her back. In front of her was a black owl, which wasn't moving.

"Why are you here?" she whispered, but even her whisper sounded loud in the silent forest. Raven closed her eyes and concentrated on the owl, before hearing the familiar voice in her head.

'I was sent, Miss Night.'

It wasn't like talking to humans, Raven actually heard the animals speak in her head. She couldn't read there minds, she could only hear what they wanted to tell her. All the voices sounded the same, but they still were different. She could tell what animal it was by listening, and she remembered each one she had talked to before.

"By who?" she demanded to know, though she had a faint feeling that she might already know. She had recognized the black owl as soon as she saw it.

'I have been sent by your mother, Miss,' the owl said, Raven didn't want to hear what the owl had to say anymore. She couldn't even remember why she came here. 'Mister Night has passed away last night,' the words buzzed in her head and she let out a small gasp.

"Go," she hissed to the owl, even though she knew it wasn't his fault. When the owl didn't move, Raven got mad. "Go!" she yelled, and she watched the owl fly away, not feeling better in the slightest. Raven burried her head in her knees and started to cry softly.

Talking to the Moon  (Invite only) Empty Re: Talking to the Moon (Invite only)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Cain had been wandering in the forest for some time now and he had begun to tire of looking at the green canopy of trees rather than the inky sky studded with it's beautiful twinkling diamonds. Moving into the forest clearing his ears pricked up when he heard the sound of someone crying, a woman.

He couldn't help but sigh. Now he had heard her Cain couldn't just walk away, this couldn't get any worse for him. Cain was rubbish with crying people, he was equally rubbish with women.

"Um...hello there?"

Cain's voice was a little unsure and he stepped into the clearing to see the lady sitting on the forest floor.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Raven's head snapped up when she heard a voice and she immediately forced herself to stop crying. She didn't like to show weakness around other people. Even though it was dark, Raven could make out the outlines of the person that was talking to her, she could see he was a man, and she could also hear it in his voice.

"Hello," she said softly, trying very hard to hide her sadness and not letting it show in her voice.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Walking softly into the clearing Cain being used to the forest terrain he quickly found the lady and took out his wand, frowning slightly he muttered 'lumos' and the clearing lit up more so he could see her face. She didn't appear to be upset, but then again apperances could be deceptive.

"Hey, I heard you crying. I wondered if you were alright."

Smiling gently Cain sat next to her, his face scrunching slightly with pain as he bent his legs, he still wasn't used to that.

"I'm Cain by the way, Cain Valerian."

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:12 pm

"I'm okay," Raven said, even though her eyes were lying. She couldn't believe it, her dad had been her hero. Her mother had known this, and she didn't even have to nerve to find Raven in real life to tell her he passed away. No, she sent an owl. Raven may have the ability to talk to animals, but she would want to hear such information much rather from a normal person.

"Nice to meet you Cain, I'm Raven Night," she said, forcing herself not to thing about it at the moment.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Taking the hint that she didn't want to talk about whatever was making her upset Cain nodded respectfully and placed his hands firmly closed in his lap, not looking at her just in case she wanted some privacy.

"Raven...Raven Night...you have a powerful name Miss Night. I suggests a great deal about you."

Cain thought quietly about what she could be like, whether the connotations of her name fitted the feeling that he was getting from her. Shrugging this off in his mind he tried to think of a suitable change in conversation to take her mind of her troubles.

"Mars, is bright tonight."

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Raven raised her eyebrows at that statement. What did he mean with that? Ray brushed her fingers through her hair, even though she was trying to ignore what happened, it was slowly eating her from the inside, eating her till she broke down. Eating her till she couldn't take it anymore.

"What does that mean?" she asked when he told her Mars was bright, Raven never really looked into planets and stars, she was more into nature and animals.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Smiling shyly Cain pointed at the sky where a small red dot was visable, this wasn't a star but Mars itself, it was something that as a centaur...well...he WAS a centaur he was quite well versed in. Cain thought about how best to explain this to Raven, she might not understand the movments of the planets, they were quite complex.

"It means something violent is happening or will happen tonight, not like it doesn't happen every night, but something significant. I could also be seen as a warning..."

Grinning lightly at Raven Cain lay on his back and stared at the stars.

"Tell me, Miss Night, what are you doing in a forest on your own?"

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:50 am

At what he said, Raven's eyes widened, just what she needed, more violence. Raven turned so she was facing Cain, but she didn't lay down. She threaded her fingers together before slowly pulling them apart again, trying to decide how to word what she wanted to say.

"I'm hiding from life," she finally said. Even though it sounded a little vague, she had a feeling the man would understand what she meant with it.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:59 am

Cain sighed knowingly but ironically this was not the best place to come if you wanted to hide from life. There was so much of it in a forest and all of it would remind you of the life that had just been lost, he smiled gently at Raven and wondered what to say.

"I understand you. A forest however, is not the best place to come, it is full of life, each bird or fox a painful reminder of what has been lost."

Frowning lightly he supposed he wasn't making her feel any better so he shook his head apologetically.

"Forgive me, I am not very good at comforting people."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm