Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

+5
Alex Gilbert
Jamie Malfoy
Liam Ashton
JJeh
Casey Donohoe
9 posters

DADA First Lesson, Third Years

Liam Ashton
    Liam Ashton
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

DADA First Lesson, Third Years - Page 2 Empty Re: DADA First Lesson, Third Years

Post by Liam Ashton Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:13 am

"Why wouldn't I be interested in what you have to say?" Liam asked quietly looking Casey in the face. He found thing's of that sort refreshing, it helped him get his mind off his own family for once, he loved his mother and sisters dearly but it was such a heavy responsibility to be the 'man in the house'.
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

DADA First Lesson, Third Years - Page 2 Empty Re: DADA First Lesson, Third Years

Post by Edith Miller Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 am

Edith walked into thew classroom with a cup of tea in her hand, she made her way up the front of the room took a sip of her tea then placed it down on her desk and turned to the class

"Welcome students, I trust you all had a very enjoyable summer holiday, but now you have come back refreshed we must get started. Today we will be learning about the defensive spell Finite Incantatem" Edith then looked around the class

"So does anybody know what this spell does?" she asked

JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:24 am

J. J. inclinde her head. Her irrational anger pacified for the moment, "Yes it was JJ. You are forgive and Hello Liam."

Rolling her eyes as the continued to speak - part of her wondering when she turned into such a brat, another part of her wondering why she bothered to even come - amongst themselves. She could hear them talk about her, and it was giving her an odd satisfaction to know that she had ticked them off a bit.

God what was wrong with her.

Sighing she pulled out her textbook and slouched in her chair, her attempt to have a good start to the year slowly wanning.

Maybe she should just drop out and become a waitress.

"Its used to counter other spells; its used in an area, not on a specific spell or object," the girl intoned not bothering to raise her hand or look up from the book.
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:39 am

Karma was humming softly, her two-sizes-too-small uniform hugging her in all the right places. That was an up to having lost nearly everything, she supposed. The new things made her look good. Her prefects badge was hidden nicely in her robe pocket, ripe to be taken out.

She slipped into the third year class, humming still, and took a seat next to her favorite third year, Jjeh, of course. Nudging the girl with her shoulder, she turned her attention to the professor, smiling widely. "You don't mind me sitting in here, do you Professor? I have a free period and I figure I might as well see how the thirdies were..." she smiled angellically, swinging her legs excitedly. She was in a good mood. On the way to class she'd taken twenty points from a gryffindor who'd been late.

Power was a beautiful thing.
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Edith Miller Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:42 am

Edith nodded at the Hufflepuff girl who answered, "Yes thats absolutely correct, and today we will be casting this spell, so in a sense you will be forming a minature protective barrier around yourself" Edith then noticed one of the Slytherin Prefects enter the classroom

" Certainly Miss Black, though im quite lucky all my third years are quite well behaved" Edith then gave a little sigh "Unfortuantely I can't say the same for a particular second year boy"

Edith then looked back at the class " So to cast this spell you take a firm grip of your wand and swviel it in a circular motion and say the incantation Finite Incantatem, and once you have created your barrier I then will be casting incendio at you to test the effectivness of your barrier"

Edith then gazed around the class with a warm smile " Who would like to give it a go?" she asked
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:53 pm

J. J. looked up at as someone nudged her shoulder not expecting anything exciting, and had to keep the surprise off her face when she found Karma sitting beside her.

As she spoke to the Professor, J. J. hid her smirk behind her book. There was no way the Karma Black J. J. knew was going to spend a whole class she wasn' even supposed to be in not causing trouble of some sort.

And in her present mood, the younger girl was almost inclined to join in.

J. J. gave the professor a bland look over her book before she shrugged, still not sitting up much straighter, or making really any movement at all.

"I suppose I will."
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Edith Miller Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:12 am

Edith then smiled at the girl who said we would go first "Excellent Miss Jones, up the front then" Edith then waited for the girl to come to the front of the classroom, she then pulled out her wand

"Oh dear when take some time and when your ready cast the spell" Edith said softly to her
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Sighing slightly, J. J. flopped her book onto the table and dragged herself to the front of the room. She just managed to resist an urge to roll her eyes at the woman. It was only a reminderof manors that kept her from doing it.

Rolling her shoulders, she took out her wand and spent a few moments preparing herself, setting her mind up - visualizing what she wanted to happen, feeling for her magic - all the things she usually did.

Flicking the wand as ordered and J. J. cast the spell, and then raised her eyebrow at the woman.

"Right so... now what?"
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Edith Miller Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:58 am

Edith was surprized by the girl's attitude from the class she taught last year she was so respectable and was a role model student, something had changed with her this year

" Miss Jones, students will talk respectfully to others in my class" Edith said sternly she then pulled out her wand "incendio" a small ball of fire darted towards the girl, if her barrier was well cast then the girl shouldn't be harmed by the spell
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:57 pm

J. J. stared at the professor for a moment before swallowing her irritation and hanging her head.

"Sorry Professor." She didn't feel like it would help to point out that she seemed to be the only one participating in the damn lesson.

She jumped as the ball of fire came at her, sailing percariously close before the barriar she had made fizzled it out. It had been a close call, the barriar had shimmered slightly and been percariously close to breaking and she didn't even want to think about what would have happeneds had the ball of fire hit her - small or not.

"What the hell was that?" she asked before she could stop herself, no longer caring if she was a respectable student or not, "How did you know my spell would have worked? You could have seriously injured me! If it hadn't, and I hadn't gotten out of the way."
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Edith Miller Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:19 am

Edith was taken back by the girls response after her barrier deflected the spell " Well Miss Jones im sure you would have ducked to avoid it, and besides that would be nothing compared to the spells dark wizards and witches would inflict on you"

Edith then looked back at class "So who's next please" she asked
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Karma swung her feet, shooting JJ an unreadable look. Honestly, it was rediculous to be mad after such a small thing as a fireball. Then again, maybe she was just desensitized. Fire didn't really seem dangerous anymore. Side effect to dating a Fire Demon, she supposed.

She twirled her wand between her fingertips, her eyes going from JJ to the teacher. Well, she supposed she'd need to give her firstie lesson in 'How to annoy your teachers innocently'.

Keyword: Innocently

Karma's eyes sparkled with mischief, and smiling widely, she raised her hand. "Can I try?" She asked. "I haven't used Finite in ages."
    JJeh
    JJeh
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by JJeh Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 pm

J. J. went back to her seat, mumbling grumpily to herself. When was she going to have a dark wizard attack her? And the Professor certainly wasn't one now was she?

Huffing she flopped in her seat. She really needed to get a hold of herself instead of flying off about every little thing that ticked her off.

It seemed that perhaps years of holding in anger were starting crash in on her, and make her exploid at everything.

She shot Karma a glance as she volenteered, hiding a smirk that was growing with her hand.

Well this at least should be interesting.
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Edith Miller Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:03 am

Edith was surprized when the Karma wanted to perform the spell "Ah... well I suppose that would be alright" Edith then waited patiently for the girl to come up to the front of the class
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Karma hopped down from her seat, walking to the front of the class with practiced ease. With a smile, she casted two spelled, finite audibly, and another mentally. "I'm ready when you are, Professor." She said with a saccharine smile.
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Edith Miller Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:31 am

Edith nodded at the girl, "Ok excellent" Edith then took a grip of her wand and gave it a sharp flick "Incendio" a small ball of fire when rushing towards the girl

Edith had full faith the Karma would be absle to deflect the spell, seeming that last year she was the only one in her class to mange to cast Salvio Hexa on their first try
    Karmzy
    Karmzy
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Karmzy Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:12 am

Karma's barrier deflected the fireball with practiced ease, and the nonverbal spell, which turned out to be another Incendio, shot out and cancelled the other one, both filtering to the ground in little orange sparks. She watched the sparks fall with a smile.
    Edith Miller
    Edith Miller
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Edith Miller Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:29 am

Edith was surprized when a second fireball came out " Yes, Um.. that was good, very good Miss Black" Edith then looked back at the class

"Ok so who's next?" Edith asked
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:13 am

Casey raised her hand. "I'll try." She stood up and walked to the front of the class. Concentrating, she raised and lower her barrier a couple times, making sure it was as strong as she could get it. When she was satisfied, she raised it once more and said, "Alright, ready." She got ready to duck in case her barrier failed.
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Alexander Bloodbayne Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:38 am

Alexander walks in late with bandages on his arms and he doesn't look happy. "Sorry im late...i was in the hospital wing" he sits down next to casey. the only one in the room he knew. he looks down at the bandages and thinks 'if only they hadn't shown up.....i wouldve gotten to finish'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:36 am