Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Training for his Task

Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Training for his Task Empty Training for his Task

Post by Certh Salamar Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Earlier that day, Certh had been tasked by Karma to fetch something; something apparently valuable to her: a knife. But there was something he had found.. odd, about it. She did not want the exact knife that she had been looking for, more like a duplicate: same exact look and size as the real, but it would probably not work for what she was wanting to do.

He spent the morning flipping through books in the library: Jinxes, Hexes, even a curse book that he had come across; but quickly put back after finding it. He didn't want people believing he was that evil.. yet. Soon after his eyes laid upon a spell, the petrification hex: Petrificus Totalus. It appeared to be useful, acting as though the user saw a basilisk, rock solid. Certh took the book with him as he wandered around the Castle looking for a suitable place for him to.. Practice this handy little spell. He had heard before that this was 3rd or 4th year stuff: the hex, so it would take him a few tries to accomplish it. But, in his eyes, it was worth it. Who knows, he may need it to complete his task.

A few hours had passed before he came across a corridor on the Seventh floor: it seemed to not see very many students traversing the halls, only a few here and there. It was off to the side, not one of the main hallways in the castle; making it a good place for him to read his book again.

Absentmindedly, he paced back and forth in front of a wall, thinking about the hex as he read more about it and its uses. Out of the corner of his eye, however, he noticed a very large door appear from within the wall. Curiosity appeared to take him over as he made his way through it; pushing it open with his left hand, right hand continued holding onto the hex book. Certh's eyes immediately went to the size of the room: It was rather large, bigger then his bedroom back at his home, and it contained everything he seemed to need for practicing this little spell: Dummies that seemed to walk on their own, mockups of straw scare-crows that could be used, even a bed had he intended to spend the night there.

His legs appeared to carry him into the room, like he had no control over them at all. A couch seemed to appear out of nowhere as he sat down upon it, reading up on the hex. The incantation was 'Petrificus Totalus'. It sounded simple, to his mind. Just a flick of the wand and it would allow him to petrify anyone who would get in his way.
    Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Training for his Task Empty Re: Training for his Task

Post by Certh Salamar Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:41 pm

After reading his book for a fair little while, he decided he would need to attempt the spell in order to utilize it in his.. travels. The book was set on the couch just beside him as he stood up and drew his wand out from his robes. Certh always enjoyed holding it in his hand, a warm glow filled him up whenever his hand lay upon the Rowan wood; although it could have been the thestral tail core that was located within.

Almost immediately, the wooden statue ran over to Certh - literally, ready to be hit and petrified by the hex. A smirk grew across his face, as he begun muttering the incantation: "Petrificus Totalus". But to his dismay, nothing really happened. Something spurted out the end of his wand, but not nearly enough to be able to petrify someone had they gotten in his way. His leg was kicked up against the stool that was located beside the couch. He was frustrated, he thought it would have worked on the first try like the other spells he had encountered. The wand maker had said, when he first got his wand, that it was excellent for duelling. But this - this wasn't duelling, this was hexing; something he had found rather enjoyable to watch. It was supposed to be easy. But it being a fourth year spell, it wouldn't be that easy.

He read through the page again, making sure to get every little part scrubbed into his mind before he tried again. Almost on queue, the wooden statue moved toward him again. The only thing that Certh had hoped for, was for the spell to work. This time, however, he said the incantation aloud, making sure to enunciate. "Petrificus Totalus!!" And, to his apparent excitement, something like wet concrete secreted from his wand and over the statue in front of him, but either it was not enough, or due to the wooden-ness of the statue, it would not work. But he felt enjoyment, none the less.
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:39 am

Miles left the Library because they were having a wizard chess competition and it was far to noisey to study for his History of Magic assignment. He decided to he would go to the Seventh Floor, the corridor there was pretty quiet

Miles then leaned up against a wall and opened his History textbook to the chapter on Mirabella Plunkett, he then pulled his knees up and placed his parchment on them and inked his quil, Miles began reading over the information Urrgh, they seriously need to have a special study room, this is stupid having to sit out in a corriordor Miles thought to himself

Suddenly Miles felt the wall change it felt different, then before he knew it he was falling backwards like he was leaning against an open door. He hit the floor hard, as he sat up and looked around he saw a single desk with paper and a quil, a smile appeared on Miles's face. At the moment he saw another person in the room, a boy he knew him

"Certh?, what are you doing here?" Miles asked in puzzled tone
    Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Certh Salamar Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Certh believed himself to be alone there, in the room. He had hoped he could at least work in peace, and not be interrupted by nosy students that want to get in on his training for his first task. But to his dismay, someone had wandered in. He did not bother steering his head around to see who it was, and continued wielding his wand at his side.

After he spoke, however, Certh noticed who's voice it was and turned around; wand still in his right hand. His view shortly came upon Miles, whom he had met on the train which took them to the castle: The Hogwarts Express. It seemed like a very long trip, Certh was not used to traveling that long of a distance, but he did have his determination to get him through.

Even though he knew Miles, he still shot out a snarl in his direction. "Nothing." He casually replied back. But did not try hiding his wand from view, as the dummy continued lying on the floor petrified from his hex, but only partially. "I could ask you the same thing"
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:58 am

Certh seemed to act cold towards Miles he couldn't work out why, he then saw the dummy lying on the floor petrified and saw Certh wand out, How did he do that Miles thought to himself. Miles sensed he was not welcomed

Miles then picked up his textbook "Um... I can see your busy,I'll just go then" Miles said he then made his way over to the door, and tried to pulled it open it seemed stuck
    Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Certh Salamar Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:01 am

Certh did not want to come off as.. rude. Even though he was busy, he kind of liked the company. A fellow Slytherin was always needed around, and what better situation. "Miles, wait." He shouted, but seemed certain it was unneeded as the door did not open. "How did you find this room?"
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 am

Miles continued to tug at the door, then Certh asked how he found this room Miles turned around to face him " Ah.. well... I don't know. I was leaning against what I though was a wall doing my History of Magic assignment but then I guess it must have been a wall"

Miles walked a little further into the room "What classroom is this I wonder, I didn't noticed it in the school map they gave us"
    Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Certh Salamar Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Certh appeared a little surprised when he was told how the other student arrived in the room. The difference was Certh was thinking of an area that he could use for practicing his hex; and the room appeared. But for Miles, he wasn't even thinking of needing a room. But he had an idea of what the room was, he heard chatter from Karma and a couple other students about the Room of Requirement; but there was no way for Certh to be sure.

"yes, I am not quite sure, exactly, what this room is. But it is useful." He said, glancing back as another dummy appeared just by thought. "I have a couple ideas."
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Alexander Bloodbayne Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Certh hears the footsteps enter behind him. "salamar right?" the young man looking down at him looked less than happy to be there. "i came to train you...... you see.... were almost one in the same. My name is alexander bloodbayne. this is the last time ill tell you my name so keep it in your head... got it?" he tries to fake a convincing smile but finds it pointless and reamins emotionless and stone-faced...as usual
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Miles had a feeling that Certh knew more about this room than he was letting on, Miles glanced back down at the dummy it appeared to be in a body binding charm, Miles wondered how Certh manged to cast that spell, though from what he heard he was quite good at spells

"Say... is that a body binding charm?" Miles asked, Miles then jumped as he heard someone else enter, it was a boy who said he was there to train Certh, Miles didn't understand train him for what

"Um sorry is this a class?" Miles asked curiously
    Certh Salamar
    Certh Salamar
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Certh Salamar Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:58 pm

Certh snarled a little as another student entered the room: he appeared to be a year or two older then the both of them, slytherin. He thought that this room would have atleast been secluded enough for him to practice; but apparently not. He began to wonder if there was a whole pack of other students outside waiting to yell surprise, and hoped he was wrong.

"ye-" Certh was about to answer, but was interrupted by the newcomer speaking out of term. He had a sudden urge to send the body-bind hex to him, but decided against it; he did not want to lose any more points for his house. It wasn't like he was going to be there for the entire seven years or whatever it was, he had... planning to do. "well, thanks but no thanks. I don't need anyone to teach me anything; I'm good just learning by myself."

He turned his attention to Miles soon after, and shook his head slightly sideways. He felt that best to signal 'no' then speaking. "But, I should be going." He announced to the two, as he made his way past both of them; avoiding the gaze of the newcomer.
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:46 am

Miles was kinda disappointed that Certh was going he had hoped that he would be able to teach them the hex Well its probably for the best, I should be doing my history assignment Miles thought to himself he then made his way over to the desk and sat down

Miles then flipped open the textbook and began skimming over the information

Alexander Bloodbayne
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Alexander Bloodbayne Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:28 am

The older boy looks at the first years. "look kid im not happy about this either but someone has to teach you to use your gift right." he looks to the other kid in the room "what can you do?"
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:45 am

Miles turned around to face the boy who spoke to him "Me?, oh.. um... well im not really fantastic at spells, potions i seem to excel at, but I can do Wingardium Leviosa" Miles said, this boy made him feel abit nervous and uncomfortable
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Alexander Bloodbayne Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:47 pm

The boy fakes a convincing smile while thinking 'how stupid' but he looks the boy in the eyes "impressive but can you do this?" he pulls out a knife and creates a slit in his arm and whispers something in parseltongue and a large snake forms out of his blood and he stands on the top of its head and smiles "well what do you think?"
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:44 am

Miles flinched as the boy cut into his own arm, he then seemed to speak another language, it had a strange hissing sound to it. Suddenly a large snake appeared from his arm, the boy then stood on its head, Miles tremebled a little, then took a few steps back

"Wh.. what are you.. do.. doing" Miles manged to spit our throw his immense fear, Miles had no idea what was going to happen, was this where he was going to be killed, and how did that boy summon that snake Miles's head was pulsing with a thousand thoughts at once
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Alexander Bloodbayne Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 am

The boy leaps down so that hes just inches from mile's face. "i dont kill. got that? villans kill." his voice is dripping with rage. "dont you ever think of me as a killer! got it firstie?!" he realizes the boy is only a child and shakes off the rage."im sorry i just have been through a lot. dont worry miles your safe unless i give it commands which i wont."
    Leo Ward
    Leo Ward
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Leo Ward Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 am

Miles nodded his head quickly when the boy said never to think of him as a killer, Miles looked back at snake with a concerned look

"Is there any chance, that you could make that... go away" Miles said gesturing towards the large snake
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Alexander Bloodbayne
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Alexander Bloodbayne Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 am

Alexander forces a calming smile "of course" he holds out his arm and whispers and the snake flows back iinto the cut and the cut seals behind it."see simple"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:44 am