Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

5 posters

Lesson One - First Years

Axel Volkov
    Axel Volkov
    First Year
    First Year

Lesson One - First Years Empty Lesson One - First Years

Post by Axel Volkov Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Axel looked around the classroom, smiling a little as he noticed some of the room's decorations. He sat down at one of the desks, then leaned over one way so he could see around a corner. He sat back in his chair and began rifling through the pages of his textbook, waiting for other people to enter.

Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Lesson One - First Years Empty Re: Lesson One - First Years

Post by Lila Cosgrove Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Lila strolled into the first year's lesson, her hand containing a book and her mind wandering on about how exactly she was going to base an entire class on A Guide to DADA as she looked at it. She was starting to admire how her teachers did it, thinking about going out there and finding those who are still lucky enough to inhabit the world.

Finally reaching her desk, nose still in her lesson plan book, she sat down on her desk and crossed her legs. Half expecting to see an entire class of students, Lila slapped the book shut and placed it on her table.

"Alright little demons," she said and looked up. She halted, her mind stopping when she only saw one student. One very familiar student. "Axel, that you?" Lil surprised tone was evident, considering she hadn't seen him in some time.
    Axel Volkov
    Axel Volkov
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Axel Volkov Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Axel looked up as he saw the professor enter the room, but he didn't pay her too much attention, as he was in the middle of an especially interesting paragraph on Red Caps. Once she started talking however, he closed his book and looked up, a little confused that she was starting the lesson even when not everyone was here.

The boy frowned, not understanding why the woman seemed so surprised. Then understanding dawned on him, and he gave a smile, "You're one of dad's friends." That's right, he though, He said that some of the other hunters were teaching here.
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Ariella fixed her cloak as she stepped into Defense Against the Dark Arts. Looking up from her clothing she noticed that the teacher had already made her appearance and seemed to be speaking with another student. Quietly Ari shuffled over to a desk and took a seat.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Alena entered after another girl, eho had the Gryffindor house robes on. She noticed the Professor was talking to another student so she smiled at the girl and sat down next to her. She placed her things on the desk and opened her book. "Hello," She said with a warm smile, she offered her hand to the girl.

"I'm Alena Salvin, Ravenclaw. Nice to meet you," She said with a smirk.
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Ariella's attention was now drawn towards the Ravenclaw student who had entered after her and had taken a seat on Ariella's right side.

"Ariella Day," She said grasping her hand firmly and giving it a good shake. She offered a shy smile before speaking up again, "But you can call me Ari."
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Alena smiled warmly at the girl, also shakening the girls hand firmly. Alena put a piece of her blonde hair behind her eye, in her nervous moment. " You can call me Alena, Lena, Sal or Alie. I don't mind." Alena said as she closed the book on the table.

"So Gryffindor huh? Nice house to be in. The sorting hat said I gcould of done good in Slytherin, but Ravenclaw was a better fit for me, as I love to read fiction books." Alena said with a small laugh.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:12 am

Nessie fiddled with her cloak, pulling the veil from her black hat, which was lacy and dark.

She made her way into the classroom, late as usual.

But she silently slid into a seat, smirking slyly as she noticed the other students and the professor.
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:58 am

Ariella giggled, "Yeah, I'm always up for a good read as well!"

Glancing over she saw that the professor was still talking to the other boy so Ari continued her conversation with Alena.

"So where are you from?"

Just then Ariella saw movement out of the corner of her eye. Craning her head over her shoulder she noticed an ebony haired Slytherin girl take a seat in the back of the room dressed in a peculiar vail. Ari game her a warm smile and small wave before returning to Alena.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 am

Alena covered her face from flooding emotions, She had learnes a bit of occlumency from a young age. She smile saldy at Ari. "I'm from a magical childrens home in North Yorkshire. My parents were attcked when I was three years old. Auror's found me and no other family is alive came to claim me. Maybe because they were disgusted that my Pure blooded mother married a Magical creature." Alena muttered the last part.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore. Just means I'm alone in the world," Alena said with a small sad smile. "So where you from then Ari?" Alena heard the door open again and her heard turned. She smiled warmly at the new student who entered. She would never jufge anybody by how they looked.

"You can come and join us you know, we don't bite at all." Alena said to the Slytherin at the back of the DADA Room. She waved at the girl to come over and sit next to them.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Nessie looked up suddenly, spotting the two other girls motioning for her to come sit by them.

She shrugged, and walked over, sitting down.

"Hi."
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:08 pm

Ariella smiled sadley "That couldn't have been easy.." She said quietly, "But your at Hogwarts now so, I mean your surrounded by tons of friendly people, kinda like a family!"

Ari turned her attention towards the girl who had entered moments ago and introduced herself.

"Hello! I'm Ariella Day," She chirped.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:12 pm

Alena smiled when the girl came over to sit near them, She looked over to see the professor was still talking to the Gryffindor biy. She rolled her eyes. "Looks like we won't get taught anything today." Alena said as a sarcastic joke quietly. She turned to face the other girl.

"So how's Slytherin house then?" She asked, looking at the girl with a raised eyebrow.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:30 pm

She smiled at them, and shrugged, "Slytherin is definitely different-- Seems like the house itself has its secrets."

She smirked at the Gryffindor, Ariella. "Nice to meet you."
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Ari shifted in her seat and stuck her hands underneath her bum so she was sitting on them, elavating her feet above the ground just barely.

"So is it cold in your common room, cause its freezing in the Potions classroom!"
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Nessie shrugged, "We have a fireplace like any other, But I don't find it cold at all." She said simply.

She fingered the lace of her veil.

"It's basically just one.. big... dark.. room."
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Ariella nodded, satisfied with the answer.

"Why do you where that?" Ari asked suddenly, pointing as the veil that sat on Nessie's head, before realizing her mistake, "Oh! Sorry! That was rude, I shouldn't have asked that!"

Ariella blushed, slightly embarassed by her actions.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Alena's looked between the two girls and her eyebrow's raised at the Gryffindor's question."Anyway, Ravenclaw tower can be cold, but the walls are covered with books, so when the fire is on, all the books keep the warmth in." Alena said with a small laugh.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Nessie smiled at the Gryffindor, "It's fine. I like the veil, so I just wear it. I guess I have a weird sense of style." she said with a slight giggle.

She then turned to Alena, "The walls are covered with books? That's cool."
    Ariella Day
    Ariella Day
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ariella Day Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:51 am

Ariella smiled back at Venessa shifting in her seat and letting out a long sigh.

"Soooo, do you guys have any siblings?"
    Lila Cosgrove
    Lila Cosgrove
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Lila Cosgrove Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 am

"Yeah," Lil grinned but as soon she was about to ask how Axel has been since she hadn't seen him since birth. Or so she felt like she hadn't seem him since birth; after all it had been a long time since she actually had see him. He was, after all, her Godchild so she sort of felt like she was denying him.

Looking over at the others girls, she chuckled and shook her head. She remembered being a first year and speaking to those whom she had never encountered before.

"Alright demons, take your seats and settle down as we'll began class now," Lila announced as she patted Axel in the head before going back to her desk.

"Today we'll go over what exactly Defense Against the Dark Arts is," she said as she took a seat in her chair. "Anyone want to give it a wild guess to what it is. Hell, you don't even have to guess as the name gives you the answer."
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Nessie sat straight, eyes never leaving the Professor's.

She thought in her mind, The Name does kinda give it away...
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Alena muttered, tell you later to both girls and smiled at the Professor. She slowly raised her hand up and started to speak. "Defence Agianst the Dark Arts broadly focuses on about magically defending ourselves against things pertaining to the Dark Arts. It helps us how to learn to block unfriendly spells, how to defeat dark spells and magical beasts that may threaten us in our life time." Alena said with a pause, thinking how to word her next bit.

"The Dark Arts however are many, varied, ever-changing and eternal spells, which people create and do everyday. We are fighting what is unfixed, mutating and indestructible. Therefore, our defences must be as flexible and inventive at the arts we seek to undo." Alena said as her asnwer.

Last edited by Alena Salvin on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Axel Volkov
    Axel Volkov
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Axel Volkov Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Axel smiled back at Lila. It was nice to be around someone who knew him, even if he didn't happen to know her, he knew that she was a friend.

He flinched as she patted him on the head, not entirely used to being touched by other people.

His eyes widened a little at the lengthy definition given by one of the other girls. He frowned, looking back up at the professor. "Does that mean we'll only be learning defensive spells?" He said, forgetting to raise his hand.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:21 pm

Nessie raised her hand quietly, "So Basically we're kicking butt and taking names, against the dark forces, that is, Right?" She asked, smirking at how she somehow always found a way to make a joke about something.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:12 pm