Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

5 posters

First Years

Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

First Years Empty Re: First Years

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 am

Nessie walked down the corridors, glancing around her, taking it all in.

She finally found the classroom and walked inside, the little shorty sitting down a few lengths away from a blonde girl.

She looked at the girl for a moment, and shrugged, reminding herself,

Minds are like caves, No, they arent dark. Well... some are, But You must always enter them with caution.

"Hi, Vanessa Orion." she said, trying as hard as she could to smile, which ended up turning into a severely awkward face.

I probably look like I just got whacked with a sledgehammer. she thought, laughing a bit on the inside.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:23 am

Alena blinked and looked at the Slytherin girl who walked into the class. She smiled as the girl sat near her. "Hi Vanessa, I'm Alena Salvin. It's nice to make your aquaintence." Alena said with a small wave. She looked around the class and turned her head again to Vanessa.

"So how are your classes so Far Vanessa? You liking Hogwarts then?" She said to the girl as she closed her book up.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 pm

"Well, I can't complain, It's alot different then what Uncle Klause used to teach me, but it's quite nice." She replied, smiling.

"So.. how do you like Hogwarts?" Nessie asked.

Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:06 pm

"I think it's a wondeful school, but it has it's doubts I think. Some of the Professors I think can't be even bothered to teach." She said with a smirk to the girl. "They like to turn up really late to teach too, But it will effect us in the future with results in tests and things like that." Alena said with a shrug.

"So what are your hobbies then?" She asked.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Nessie smirked at how well thought out her answer was, and replied, "I like photography, And i'm quite intrigued by the paranormal."
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:47 pm

"Pretty cool stuff Photography is you know. Well then you will get along well with me then with the subject of Paranormal." Alena said with a smirk as she summond her crystal ball, which popped on to her finger. "I like looking beyond the paranormal world there is." Alena said as the clear crystal ball started to spin and turn balck.

"Like seeing the dead again and being able to talk to them again, but I wish I could do that. I can make you see your loved ones with my power's. You see Vanessa, I'm a magical creature. You have heard of Fae before haven't you?" Alena said as she saw a picture of her father appear in the crystal.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Nessie tilted her head, "Fae as in a Fairy?" she asked.

She had always been a wee bit familiar with magical creatures, but never had met one.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Alena nodded and ran a hand through her hair. "Correct, You know, the rulers of the under ground. I'm quite special." Alena said with a snort. She looked around and sighed. "Seems that we might not be taught anything today." Alena said with a sour look.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Nessie smirked, "Good things come to those who wait. Like they say, Patience is a virtue-- but it's one I certaintly don't have." she said, blowing a puff of air out of her nostrils, tapping her glossy black fingernails on the table.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:34 pm

"My patience is being tempered with. Seems like every Professor like to turn up to their own lessons late. I wan't to learn you know. I wasn't put in Ravenclaw for my patience you know. Should of just let that hat, put me in Slytherin." Alena said as she went on.

"Ignore me, I can go over the top sometimes." Alena said as she winked at Nessie with a small giggle.
    Vanessa Orion
    Vanessa Orion
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Vanessa Orion Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Nessie raised an eyebrow.

"Erm-- Kay." She said, awkwardly.

"Where has the time gone to??" she moaned, banging her face on the table with a grunt.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 pm

"The time is just going just a tad bit too fast, Might aswell just go out of this lesson. No Professor wants to turn up." Alena said a she shook her head and looked around. "I might as well teach." Alena said with a giggle.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Mary, who had always been up to any classes, no matter what intensity they had, had tried Care of Magical creatures. However, when she came down to the area she could feel her fingers freezing into icicles. Frowning she walked over to the two other students, and shuddered. "Hello." she said, packing her robes around her to keep the heat. She had pulled on two gloves and a scarf, both of which were coloured like her housecolours.

"Anybody know when the teacher will be arriving?" she asked, feeling a bit awkward standing there, clutching around herself in a desperate attempt to keep warm, her teeth chattering and all alone with the two other students.

She had heard rumours about the subject, that it would be terrible and that nobody liked it much. However, she hadn't encountered a single subject so far that had turned out as horrible as people usually said, except for Divination. She hadn't bothered to sign up for it at all, because she knew too well that she'd fail the subject completely if she took them. Too obessed with books, the subject would never be much of a success. Sighing she settled down on a fallen tree, looking at the two other girls now and then and waiting for an answer.
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Elizabeth Bracknel Finch Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:31 am

"Hallo Hallo darlings!" said the funny little witch as she made her way down the path. She swiftly made her way around through the students, with a loud tap of her heels on the stone with ever step, did a graceful twirl to face the students and grinned. She was rather stern but kind in appearance, from her polished black buckled boots and starched straight dress, to her snow-white lace bonnet and ornate pointed hat, all topped off with a lovely tartan cloak.
    "I say, let me introduce myself. I'm Elizabeth Bracknel Finch, Professor Finch to you! I say, Finch, rather befits the subject doesn't it?" she giggled.
    "I rather apologize for my tardiness, I'm new to the Hogwarts staff you see, and this morning upon opening an armoire in my office, I stirred up a nasty swarm of doxy and had to contend with that." she said as straigthened her hat and looking at the blond halfling.
    "Now, as I am new, as so are you, this shall quite be an experience together eh? I am a very kind and fair being, but cross me and I respond accordingly. I grade as such as well. Work hard and be punctual and we shall have no problems."
    "Today, as such being the first, I thought we'd get to know one another, espacially with your being first years." said Elizabeth as she scanned her students. Elizabeth was a rather well known witch, with the older generations anyway.
    "Ah! You there lovey! You just have to be a Swale! You're the spitting image of your Granny Swale, a dear old friend of mine long ago..."
    "Ah! You there
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

First Years Empty First Years

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am

Mary looked up in surprise, slightly confused at the energetic woman standing in front of them, obviously eager about their lesson. She stiffled a giggle, not wanting to seem rude and nodded softly. She quickly figured the woman was quite special, although she decided it'd be a funny term with this professor around. Smiling she listened to the witch, rubbing at her locket. Hearing the name of the woman, she immediatly recognized it from a book she had read earlier, and gasped slightly. Immediatly she slapped her hands over her mouth though, honestly not wanting to seem as offensive.

Mary had oftenly been told that Care of Magical creatures was a weird subject, and hadn't met many who enjoyed the subject so far. However, she couldn't see what was so bad about this lesson?

As the professor singled her out particularly, she gave a slight start, leaving her thoughts behind for a moment. She smiled softly and nodded. "Thank you, ma'am. I've heard that I'm alike her," she said cautiously, and studied the teacher for a moment. "I'm Mary. Daughter of Thor Swale, youngest of my grandma's," she explained, trying to sound polite and friendly. She held her book tightly in her hand, while clutching a quill and a bottle of ink, as well as a piece of paper to write at in her other hand.
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Elizabeth Bracknel Finch Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:34 pm

"Darling, that you are, very much like her. I so very wish she could have seen you!" she said with a wrinkle in her nose.
    "You know, she and I use to have an owl a week between one another, oh how I miss her. We fought the Grand High Hag together in the eighties, haha, what fun we had!" she giggle as she paused a minute to remeber her dear old friend.
    "Oh, and you're Thors' child then are you? I say! I haven't seen him since he was no bigger than a wood nymph, the cheecky little devil. He's some sort of doctor at St. Mungos now, correct?" she asked...
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Dearly surprised at how close the professor seemed to her family, Mary sat and listened with eager ears, trying to picture what her grandma might have been doing all that time ago. She nodded at her question and frowned slightly. "He's very busy though. There was a nasty case last year, he couldn't come home for an entire year," she said, remembering what her mother had told her when Thor hadn't returned home from work one day.

Committed as he was to his work, Mary hardly saw him more than a couple hours a day, and now that she was part of the Hogwarts community she wouldn't expect that they'd meet any more. She was already looking forwards for the holidays, when she could go home and spend the holiday talking with them about the wonders she'd discovered in school. She giggled slightly at how Ms. Finch called her father a cheeky little devil, and remembered the numbers of stories she'd been told by her bed, about how her father had caused chaos at Hogwarts in his happy days, with his two older brothers.

Realising that they'd been talking away most of the class, she dared herself to ask a question. "Professor, what are we going to learn this class?" she asked cautiously, wondering whether the elderly woman would find it offensive for a student to ask like that.
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Elizabeth Bracknel Finch
    Hogwarts Professor
    Hogwarts Professor

Post by Elizabeth Bracknel Finch Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:40 pm

The professor smiled at Mary. How so she looked like her dear dear friend she lost so long ago. She saw great potential in the girl, she decided she will take her under her wing, guide her, take care of her, love her as her grandmother would have. Having no children or grandchildren of her own, she missed out on such thing, and she knows her dear departed friend, almost a sister to her, would have wanted that.
    "You shall have to join me for a nice tea and cake sometime, yes lovey?"
    She patted Mary on the shoulder turned, and went to the center of teh students.
    "Right! Our lesson then, CLASS!" she clapped with her hands.
    "Being so that we're both quite new, I figure it best we start with a history of the subject. By the way, if you haven't gathered, this is First Years' Care Of Magical Creatures, if you do not belong, kindly remove yourself."
    "Now, all discussion shall be by being called upon respectively, meaning, raising your hand when wanting to speak and I shall grant your request as I deem fit. I am not a hard or a harsh professor, but I expect respect and keeping everything in line when in an official setting such as the classroom." she said in a firm tone, but a kindly as she could.
    "Now, for our lesson....."

OOC- Lessons shall me posted as new topics, leaving this thread for discussion and roleplaying ^_^
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 am

((Alright c: ))

Fascinated by what the professor said, Mary watched the woman with rather large eyes, googling her and her smile. She nodded softly when the professor suggested tea and cake at a later point, and added a small smile. "I'd love to, Professor," she said, and fell silent as the Professor finally seemed to steer back over at the lesson. She smiled gently and held her tongue, deciding that this woman demanded respect, and she wasn't one of those who'd disobey her.

((Short, but I couldn't figure out what else to write o3o))
    Samuel Potter
    Samuel Potter
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Samuel Potter Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Samuel slipped into the classroom, knowing that he was late. He tried avoiding detection, but he didn't know if he succeeded. He looked around to his classmates and found that 1) He was the only boy. And 2) They weren't doing anything important, so he figured he wouldn't get into much trouble.

Well, he hoped so anyway.
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:10 pm

Getting slightly restless, Mary willed the class to begin so she could start learning more about the creatures of the wizarding world. Most of all, she wanted to witness the Hippogryffs, as well as the baby unicorns. She'd heard fantastic stories about these creatures, how they had often helped the wizards and witches of this world. Besides, she was very interested in unicorns due to her wand having a unicorn core. The wandmaker had told her specifically that the wand was created with a hair from a dying unicorn, and was given at the moment before it's death. She was curious whether this affected her wand's strenght, both for the positive and the negative.

Looking to her left, she brushed her light brown hair out of her face and looked at Samuel, who had just appeared. Her face lit with amusement, and she recalled the Transfiguration lesson they'd had earlier. "You've got a tendency to be late for classes, don't you?" she muttered silently, to avoid it being heard by the other students. "We haven't started properly yet though, so it's fine," she said and smiled slightly.
    Samuel Potter
    Samuel Potter
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Samuel Potter Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Sam glanced at Mary, who seemed to notice his appearance.

"you've got a tendency to be late for classes, don't you?" He heard her say; he was grateful for the quiet in her voice so others don't notice, "We haven't started properly yet though, so it's fine."

He blushed sightly under her gaze, but managed to say, "Well, not really, but my alarm has a tendency to be too soft. Do you by any chance know the spell for making sounds louder?"
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Mary couldn't help but make a mischievous face at his blush, finding it fun to not be her shy, quiet self for once. "Oh, so that's the case. Forgive me," she said, although her eyes twinkled with amusement. "Maybe... You could try Sonorus, although I doubt it'll work for an alarm. It's mainly used for making voices sound louder," she muttered, and got a slightly thoughtful look on her face. "If I can borrow your alarm, I can take a look at it. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find one that works," she said and smiled softly.
    Samuel Potter
    Samuel Potter
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Samuel Potter Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Sam had finally found a best friend. He knew that when he found that she opened up her quiet, self. Well, it'd only be fair if he did the same... "It's okay, you're forgiven," He waved off her sarcastic apology with a grin.

"Sonorus," He muttered to himself, "gotta remember that."

At her request to see his alarm clock someday made him dig into his pockets roughly and take out a smashed alarm clock.

"I may have thrown it across the room this morning because it suddenly became loud at the wrong time," he said sheepishly, "I thought I'd use this as an excuse if the professor asked me for the reason I was late... Do you happen to know any charm for repairing stuff? I can't remember it properly' it was something like 'repara' or something."
    Mary Swale
    Mary Swale
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Mary Swale Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Mary smirked at his remark, glad that he didn't seem afraid to joke slightly. "It's a very neat spell, anyway," she said softly, and stared with disbelief at his smashed clock. "May have..." she muttered, with a sheepish grin at him. "Sure, I've used the spell several times to repair stuff I've broken... Like my quill," she raised an eyebrow, recalling all the times she'd accidentally stepped on it, or even snapped it in half.

Slowly, she dragged out her cedar wand and pointed it at the clock, thinking about the spell she was going to use before she silently muttered; "Reparo." She watched as the broken clock seemed to mend, melting together and reforming the clock it had once been. "There you go. Hopefully it'll work a little better now," she said with a smile widening on her face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:10 pm