Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

Drinks On Me -Allie and Ajax

Drinks On Me -Allie and Ajax Empty Drinks On Me -Allie and Ajax

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Ajax casually walked up to the door of the Three Broomsticks. He pushed it open and took a breath of the familiar, musky air. He walked up to the counter where Madam Rosmerta smiled at him.
    "What can I get you?"She asked. Ajax shifted so he could pull a few Galleons out of his pocket before replying.
    "A butterbeer please." She nodded then handed him a warm glass as he passed her a few Galleons. "Thanks."
    He made his way to an empty booth and sat down, but what he hadn't noticed nor expected, was a girl to already be sitting at it.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Drinks On Me -Allie and Ajax Empty Re: Drinks On Me -Allie and Ajax

Post by Lacey Black Sun May 15, 2011 3:36 am

Allie walked into the Three Broomstick and smiled contentedly. The atmosphere was always so lighthearted and upbeat that she couldn't help but add a small bounce in each of her steps as she strolled towards the front counter.

It was a Hogsmeade weekend and Allie had decided it was best to come a lone. She had, in fact, passed a few of her friends -whom had all been with their "special someone"- on the busy streets, but each invitation she received to join the couple was automatically turned down. She would smile and thank them but reply lightly that she was on strict "robes business" and nothing more.

This was indeed not entirely a lie on her part, but mostly truth. She was on the hunt for new robes after a rather nasty potions accident that resulted in her brand new Hufflepuff robes to be burnt and tattered into almost nothing. Allie couldn't deny that that was not the only reason she didn't want to join her coupled friends, in fact she wasn't going to try and lie about the true reason at all.

All of her friends were either dating or about to and she wasn't even close. This never really bothered her until Hogsmeade trips because that was when she became the third wheel with whatever group she agreed to go with. And it was definitely not fun to be a third wheel. But Allie wasn't one to complain, so instead of a sulky expression of a forlorn shopping trip, she wore a small smile.

Madam Rosmerta looked up as she approached and beamed.

"Allie, dear! How pleasant it is to see you again!" She handed a cup of colorful liquid to a rather shady looking wizard then turned to Allie. "How is Nico?"

"Hello Rosie." she replied just as pleasantly as she slipped onto a bar stool. "It's great to see you again, Nic is doing well. Still using his Shadow Bending to hide in classes but if I didn't know any better, I would say he has the hotts for a certain Ravenclaw."

"Ooh!" Rosmerta cooed. "What's her name? Is she pretty? Is she nice? Tell!"

Allie smiled at the woman before launching into a full display of her fellow student, Mary Gampbell. "Her name is Mary and she is definitely gorgeous! She's one of my best friends and of course she's nice."

"That's wonderful! Now why aren't you with any of your friends nor a boy?" She craned her neck to get a better look around Allie.

"Oh." Allie shrugged indifferently. "It's not always fun to be a third wheel."

Madam Rosmerta offered her a sympathetic smile before filling another cup. "How's the life of a Second year?"

"Pretty crazy." Allie replied. "New, sort of scary, but definitely fun. I'm still getting used to the castle, so everything is partly new."

A wizard loomed over Allie and sneered before ordering something she had definitely never heard of. With an odd quirk of her lips she ordered a Butterbeer and scampered away from the creeper as fast as her legs would carry her. A booth near a window was empty so she slid in as far as it would allow and began to nonchalantly sip her drink.

She could admit at that moment that she was actually enjoying being alone. No one to bother her, no one to break her from her musings. . . until, an unexpected visitor slid into the seat across from her.

Allie gave a startled yelp and the boy looked up, obviously he hadn't known she was there.

They stared at each other for a moment until Allie cleared her throat.

"Um. . . hi?"

Post by Guest Sun May 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Ajax blinked a couple of times as he observed the girl before him.
    She was pretty, black hair that curled casually past her shoulders, green/blue eyes that sparkled with mirth, and rosy cheeks. He was thankful that she broke the silence, making it much easier for him to talk.
    "Hi..." he cleared his throat. "sorry, I wasn't aware anyone was sitting here. Do... you mind if I sit here?"

Last edited by Ajax Orion on Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon May 16, 2011 12:10 am

Horrified at her traitorous cheeks, Allie tried to calm the burning blush that overcame her features when he had been scrutinizing her with his scanning blue eyes.

"Uh-uh s-sure." she averted her gaze down to the nearly empty glass of butterbeer before her. Once she was sure he wasn't looking, she risked a peek at him.

He had light brown hair that was spiked and tousled cutely, vibrant blue eyes that seemed to hold a lot of mischief within their soft depths, a definitely handsome face (that thought only served to make her cheeks grow hotter), and a dazzling smile.

Allie quickly turned her eyes back to the seemingly interesting glass of butterbeer and waited for him to speak.

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 1:43 am

Ajax couldn't help but smile as she blushed an adorable shade of red. No later had his smile come through that it turned into a teasing smirk.
    "'Sure?'" He teased. "You mind if I sit here? Sorry, I'll just go. . ."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Mon May 16, 2011 6:13 pm

"Oh, no, that's not what I meant! I meant, sure, I don't mind, but I was supposed to say no I don't mind but. . ." she huffed and pointed towards the seat. "Just sit!"

Her cheeks were now completely on fire and knew that not even a freezing cold shower could make them stop glowing.

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2011 8:51 pm

Ajax's smirk only grew as she became flustered. He sat back down as she commanded and took a sip from his butterbeer.
    "I'm Ajax, by the way. Ajax Orion. First year but I am a year older then most first years."

Last edited by Ajax Orion on Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 am

Her annoyance grew when she noticed his teasing smirk and she huffed indignantly.

"Oh, I'm Allie. Allie Di Black Angelo. But you can just say Allie Black. See, my dad's name was Black but my mum's was Di Angelo. Both pureblood. When they got married she didn't want to change her last name because she thought that the Di Angelo's were just as pure as the Blacks. So my dad named us all Di Black Angelo. A mixture of both." She flushed when she noticed her talking. "And here I go again, babbling."

"Oh, I'm a second year. Wait. . . how are you a year older?" she asked. "And you've probably heard this question a million times but. . . how do you like Hogwarts?"

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 2:43 am

Ajax couldn't help himself, he laugh as she began to babble. The flush on her cheeks notified him that she realized this too.
    "Wow... that's something." He smiled reassuringly at her. "Wish my name was that interesting. Ajax means wolf in some language... or something like that." He chuckled.
    "You're pureblood?" He found himself shifting uneasily in his seat. Would she still accept him? Even if he was a halfblood? The Blacks and Di Angelos were big wizarding families... very big with the Dark Lord. "I'm.. um... Halfblood." He mumbled.
    "Yeah, my birthday is early but I'm still in first year." He shrugged then laughed at her next question. "Yes, I have hard that quite a bit. I really like it though." He then leaned in closer for the next thing he was going to say. "It would have been a lot better if I would have met you earlier though."
    He gave her a wink before leaning back and sipping his drink casually.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Tue May 17, 2011 5:38 pm

"Really? Your name means wolf?" she asked, genuinely interested. "Why would your parents name you wolf?"

Allie glanced into her cup and shook the remaining contents around before taking one last swig. "Um. . . yeah. . . I am," she cringed, knowing exactly what he was thinking. "and I hate every minute of it."

She set the empty glass down, harder then she anticipated, and took a sharp glance up. His stuttering confession was enough to set her off the edge. Really, and people said that purebloods were prejudiced? "You act like being a half-blood is a bad thing. You shouldn't be ashamed of your blood status. It should be I who is ashamed."

"Well, that's interesting." she smiled then blushed at his next statement. She ducked her head, allowing her mane of black hair to cover her red face. "Oh. . . er. . . s-same to you."

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Ajax mentally kicked himself. How could he be so stupid as to just blurt that out? No one was supposed to know.
    "Um..." He trailed off then shrugged halfheartedly, his eyes glued to his glass as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. He spun his it around with one finger, keeping it balanced on its side. "I don't really know. I guess my mum and dad were just interesting in wolves at the time?" His reply was weak and he inwardly cringed.
    "I see." He nearly jumped a foot in the air when she slammed her now empty glass down. Ajax risked a glance at her and saw the change in her demeanor. Once happy, warm, and inviting has turned to hard and defensive. As if she were hiding something... "I don't see why you should be ashamed. Aren't purebloods usually all 'my blood is better then yours' and 'looks at me, I'm a pureblood'?" His confusion was evident. She almost seemed like... she hated being a pureblood. Her eyes weren't the warm grassy green nor sea blue anymore, they were Slytherin green and icy gray. He immediately regreted bringing up the subject.
    Ajax chuckled at her reaction. The red tint rising devastatingly fast as she attempted to hide her face with her silky ebony hair.
    "Yeah, some of the teachers are a bit insane though."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed May 18, 2011 12:55 am

Allie watched a mental debate flash through his eyes.

"Okay. . .?" she cleared her throat and watched him nervously tip his glass. "I guess that makes sense?" He's hiding something. . .

Her entire body went rigid at his statement. "No. Not ALL purebloods are like that. But nobody really understands that because you're all just as prejudiced as we are!" her glare was icy cold - something scary enough to stop the Dark Lord in his very tracks. "You all jump to conclusions and categorize us as a bunch of blood status freaks! I don't really know who you are or what your problem is, but I do know one thing: I'm nothing, and I mean nothing like that! You don't know me so you have no right to jump to conclusions."

Allie laughed. "Yeah. . . they truly are. Professor Romain let me keep a cat from Transfiguration! His name is Festus. It means happy in Greek. He's always bouncing around and stuff so I decided it fit." she smiled gently at him. "Maybe you can come see him sometime?"

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:36 pm

She was getting suspicious...
    "Look, I'll keep my secrets and you keep yours."
    Ajax rose his hands in defense. "Hey, I wasn't trying to offend you. Just every pureblood I met has been like that. I didn't mean to judge you..." He glanced at her and gave her a crooked smile. "I'm glad you're not like that though."
    'Wait, wait, wait." He laughed loudly. "He let you keep a cat? And you named it Festus?"
    His cheeks reddened a little and he gave her another crooked smile. "I guess I will have to meet this infamous Festus."

Last edited by Ajax Orion on Thu May 19, 2011 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Thu May 19, 2011 2:37 am

Allie bit her lip and nodded slowly. Obviously he had been suspicious of her and she of him, it was only fair and honest if they each kept their secrets. After all, did she really want to tell him of her past? A boy she really didn't know? No, she wouldn't. Couldn't. Her past was not only her secret and story but also Nico's. If Nico met and approved of Ajax then maybe, just maybe, it would be okay. But not until then. She didn't even know him! Godric, she was thinking as if they were going to get married or something.

Shaking her head, Allie returned to their conversation. "Agreed."

"It's fine." she mumbled. "I know you didn't mean it, its just. . ." she took a deep breath. "I'm so sick of being categorized with people I hate. I know it sounds melodramatic and stupid, but it's true."

Her cheeks literally went aflame as he smiled the most dazzling crooked smile at her. "Thanks. . . apparently a lot of people think that way. . ."

"Yes!" she replied happily. "And he is quite a wonderful cat. . . well, kitten, but that's besides the point." She blushed when he smiled. "That would be very nice. . ."

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2011 3:00 am

Ajax let out a breath of relief. She understood, that was good. His secret belonged to his family as well. Their secret wasn't just a stupid story, it was their life, and their safety depended on it.
    He took a glance at her noticed the conflict running across her face. Finally she answered with a nod and an agreed. Ajax took that moment to relax. Maybe he could get along her...
    "That does sound really horrible... no, I don't see what's so melodramatic and stupid about it. I would hate to be categorized like that. Actually, I already am." He chuckled dryly. "I am placed in a column of unworthiness. Just because my dad is a Muggle." He snorted. "Ridiculous."
    Noting the blush on her cheeks, he smirked. "Maybe Festus isn't the only one my looking forward to seeing."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Fri May 20, 2011 3:47 am

(OOC: I just noticed how we have like, 3 different convos at once and all 3 are different moods! XD )

"It is. . ." she agreed. "Just, never let it get to you. That's what they want. They like to see that their degrading his working."

Allie, once again, blushed. "Oh. . . erm. . ." she glanced down into her empty drink. "It'll be nice to see you too. . ."

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2011 4:10 pm

(OOC: I know. Haha)

"I know.. my dad tells me that all the time."
    Ajax quirked an eyebrow. "And what makes you think I meant I was looking forward to seeing you?"
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Sun May 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Allie gaped at him.

Did he REALLY just say that?!

"W-well, I-I. . ." she glared angrily at him. "Well that was rude! I'm sorry but you just made it seem that way! You know what? I should be going now." Allie stood up to leave. She really didn't want to leave, she really liked him, but he was such a jerk!

Huffing, she began to walk to the door.

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 12:33 pm

At the look of complete outrage on her face, Ajax immediately wished he hadn't said that.
    "Hey! Wait a minute!" He ran up and gently grabbed her by the arm and steered her back to their now empty table. "I didn't mean it, I was just joking. Although.. now that I think about it, that wasn't a very good joke."
    He rose his eyebrows at her. "Okay, it was a terrible joke."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Tue May 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Allie allowed him to steer her towards the table and sat down with a loud plunk.

"No, it wasn't a very good joke." her cheeks were heated with an unwelcome blush. "You don't know how to just start a comfortable conversation with someone, do you?" she questioned with a rose eyebrow.

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:04 am

Ajax glanced down at his empty glass, swirling the small amount of liquid left.
    "Actually, I don't usually start many conversations at all." He mumbled awkwardly. "In fact talking isn't something I do quite often."
    Before she could question him, Ajax stood and grabbed her mug. "Would you like another drink?" Without waiting for an answer he swiftly walked over to Madam Rosmarta and asked for a refill. At her nod he handed both his and Allie's glasses over then stuck a few galleons in her hand. He returned not even a minute later with two warm glasses of butterbeer.
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Wed May 25, 2011 3:09 am

Allie's mouth fell open a little at his mumbled confession. The way he had been acting around her! He seemed so . . . outgoing? Yet, here was, admitting shamefully that he never really talked. The first question that came to her mind was, Then why is he talking me?

She watched as he trekked over to Rosie and bought them both another drink. She eyed him carefully, noting the fake smile plastered on his face. There was just something about him that. . . allured her.

"You really didn't have to do that." she said quietly, jerking her head towards the two glasses. "Here-" she reached into her robes pocket and found them empty. Her face screwed up into an expression of strong distaste. "You really shouldn't have done that. I don't have any money left. You'll have to wait until my brother sends me some more or if I can ask Nico for some."

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:30 am

Ajax saw the uneasy expression on her face as her hand turned up empty. He hadn't bought the drink for her to pay for, he had bought it for her.
    "No, no, no." He chuckled. "It's on me. I didn't expect for you to pay for it."
    He slid the warm mug closer to her. "Drinks on me."
    Lacey Black
    Lacey Black
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lacey Black Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 am

"Oh. . ." she mumbled awkwardly and took the drink. "Um, thanks."

She glanced up at him and saw he was a bit more relaxed then he had been. Maybe one day she would get him to tell her his secrets.

"If this is your way of kissing my butt for how you treated me earlier then it is in no way, shape or form, working." she said, though her grin would have told him otherwise.

She eyed his light brown, tousled hair. Her gaze slowly scanning his handsome face and deep blue eyes that seemed to be never ending. His lips were placed lightly on the rim of his cup as he took a sip of his butterbeer. Although anyone looking at him now would think he was completely confident in himself, Allie saw different.

He was seemingly sitting up straight but what she saw was his slouched position. His back slightly arched, his shoulders slumped, his head hanging - a position of sheer. . . defeat?

He simply intrigued her to no end. Allie knew that if she were to walk away right now and plan to never talk to him again, there would always be an empty space within her. A longing to see his twinkling eyes, his positively adoring face, his broad shoulders for being so young, and his messily handsome hair. She had only known the guy for not even an hour and he had already grown on her. Sweet Merlin, what was she going to do with herself?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 pm