Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Something Extraordinary Could Happen

Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Something Extraordinary Could Happen Empty Something Extraordinary Could Happen

Post by Edward Raquin Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 am

The grass was as green as ever and the trees were moving slightly as the light breeze blew through them. All around the fifth year, Angelique, was nothing short of beautiful.

Edward, with a book (as usual) in hand, walked around the garden admiring it's beauty. Stopping suddenly, and sitting down where he stood, he lay back on the grass and let his free hand gently skim the soft green beneath him.

"Gotta love summer." he said aloud, not caring who heard him.

A light breeze came over him and ruffled his hair a little, but Edward didn't bother to fix it.

Today Edward felt at ease with the world, like something extraordinary could happen, though what it was, he didn't know...not just yet.

Pulling the book he had with him, out and opening it, he raised his arms over his head and used the book as a sort of shield from the sun, while reading at the same time. Of course, it was a book about Dragons, Edward's obsession, but anyone who walked by wouldn't even notice, most likely.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Something Extraordinary Could Happen Empty Re: Something Extraordinary Could Happen

Post by Ninette Fontaine Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:00 pm

"Most people who come into gardens, tend to do so to look at them, not hid away behind the wall of the written word," Ninette stood above the boy, light behind her creating the ironic vision of a halo around her long newly returned to blonde hair. Ninette Fontaine was anything but angelic.

The almost cold tone she had made her comment in, told that. A smirk was flitting across her lips, and her eyes were dancing.

The boy in her garden - she had gotten rather attached to hiding within the greens and flowers since her return. Most likely because it gave her very little cause to run into a person who would trigger her temper - was attracticve. Younger than herself she figured, but not by much; he didn't quite have the boyish look that students like Marcus were still fighting to overcome. He was probably only a year younger than her.

He looked familiar though; Ninette spent much of her day, eyeing males she found attractive, she could not place them all, but if she remembered him, she figured he was more likely than not in her house.

"I'd also like to say, that there is no requirement to love summer. In fact, it can easily be argued that it is too hot, and ultimately uncomfortable." An eyebrow slowly rose on her face, and her smirk widened, "Unless of course, you aren't adverse to wearing little to no clothing. Are you adverse to wearing no clothing?"
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Something Extraordinary Could Happen Empty Re: Something Extraordinary Could Happen

Post by Edward Raquin Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:11 pm

When Edward heard a female voice talking to him, he instantly moved the book away from his face and looked up at her. From where he was, he would have believed her to be an angel, with the light glow around her.

He raised an eyebrow at her, when she spoke, and said, "Well, I guess I'm not much of a looker." he smirked.

Closing his book, he gripped it's leather bound spine in his hand and stoo up. Though the girl was a few inches shorter than he was, Edward could tell that she was at least a year older than he was, which didn't bother him. She was very attractive, at least in his eyes, but her attitude made it difficult to like her, at least until he knew more about her.

Edward let out a soft laugh. "Depends on the weather and who's around to see." he said smiling.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Smirking slightly she didn't hide the way her eyes roamed him, appraising the statement, "On the contrary, I would say you are quite the looker. If you know, I was my grandmama's age." Actually, Ninette wasn't even sure if her grandmother would use that term. Although sweet at heart, Etta had her wild side, a side that was quite able to keep up on terms.

"And by who, does that mean we don't want anyone to see it?" she arched an eyebrow at the boy, almost taunting, "Or you just need to find the right person."

Ninette wasn't even sure what she was doing at the moment. Allowing words to spill out of her mouth as they would seemed easier than taking the time to think any of it through.

"So what year are you in, Superman?"
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Edward smiled a little, as he watched her observe him. "Well, that...just..." he said, not finished his sentence and shaking his head. He put his hands on his hips and stared a little at the girl.

Chuckling, Edward merely shrugged. "Don't know." he said seriously. "I really have no flipping clue."

"Fifth year, Miss Lois Lane." he said smirking and holding out his hand as he not so formally introduced himself. "You?" he asked.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm

"Don't worry, you don't have to return the sentiment," Ninette responded airily, though she did in fact mean it. It might actually be refreshing to find someone who didn't gawk at her - even though on most days, male gawking was all that she encouraged. "I'm sure my ego might actually do better without another reminder."

Running a hand through her hair she gave a little smirk, "Well, you're just going to have to find out one day aren't you?"

Hmm, fifth year, what she had figured.

"Sixth, perfect too, so you better watch yourself." Her eyes glinted slightly, "Most people call me Ninette, but I suppose Lois Lane will work too."
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:51 pm

"Sorry. I'm not saying that you aren't pretty, or anything, it's just...I guess I'm not used to compliments." he said awkwardly fidgeting with the collar of his shirt after he ran a nervous hand through his dirty blonde, brown, hair.

Edward returned her smirk, with a rolling of the eyes and a smile. "I suppose I am." he said chuckling.

"Is that a threat, Ninette?" he asked eyeing her mischieviously, then laughing a little. "Just kidding." he said immediately afterwards, worried he might get into some serious shit.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm

"You worry too much, Superman," she snorted, looking over at him. "Its cute." If cute was what you were into. Ninette usually ate cute for breakfast.

She wondered what her life would be like with a little cute. Of course, then her mind slipped back to Marcus - who she hadn't really seen since her birthday - and she immediately had to find something else to focus on instead. Which possibly unfortunately for her companion, was him.

"Its only a threat if you make it one; So, Superman," she flashed a quick smirk, eyes sparking, "Are you going to make it a threat or not?"
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 pm

"I apologize, I can't help it sometimes." he said smiling. She was right, he did tend to over think things a lot, but what could he do?

Edward put his hands up in a sort of surrender, and shook his head. "No, no I'm good." he said smiling, and looking at her a little nervously.

Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Ninette frowned, thinking that sentiment over, critical in her analysis of what had formerly only been a passing statement, "Oh, I don't know. Take me for instance, I haven't worried about anything in who knows how long. Been plenty of things to worry about, but didn't seem to stop me."

That wasn't entirely true. In fact, on some level the girl was still worrying about lots of thing. What she had done, was not forgotten how to worry, but ignored it so well that she might as well have.

She worried just like everyone else; she merely pretended not to.

"Oh, no fun at all, superman," she pouted a little, eyes bright with mischief, even as she was slightly disappointed. She hadn't had a good challenge in such a long time. Though she supposed picking on the boy was cruel.

Still, it would be fun.
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Edward frowned a little at this. He wasn't sure what he could say to that, he didn't want to say anything that might upset her, so he decided just to nod slightly and kept his mouthg shut.

He found it a little strange that she didn't really worry about things. He certainly worried a lot, and he had never met someone who claimed to not worry, or at least pretended not to. Could people really not worry about stuff? he wondered.

Edward laughed, and nodded. "Yeah, I'm not that much fun at all. I just don't want to get into a fight, or a duel or whatever it is we do these days." he said laughing a little.

He hadn't gotten into a fight since he was young kid, and sure, he doubted it would be a 'fight' with Ninette, but more like a duel or something of that kind.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:47 am

Ninette raised an eyebrow, "You think its a fight I'm after?" It amused her really, though looking back on the words she had spoken, she supposed that was indeed what she had made it look like.

The truth was Ninette didn't know what she was looking for. Anger that she didn't know where to direct caused her to lash out at people she didn't mean to. Loneliness made her behaving intimately towards people she did not love, nor could not love. And everything was falling apart around her.

Still, one boy trying to avoid a duel with her she hadn't been aware she was fishing for restored her faith in something. Wait, she did not know, but that little bubble of something making sense was there none the less.

"Don't worry superman, I think my fighting, dueling, whatever we do days are over."
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Edward merely shrugged at her question, not entirely sure himself, as to what she was after. "Dunno." he said shrugging.

She didn't really seem like the fighting type, but that was just him. Edward did, however, have the tendency to underestimate people. He personally didn't like to fight unless he had to, but he had his days where fighting seemed like the only solution.

"Haha. That's good to hear." he said chuckling and then kicking at the ground. "So, what DO you like to do?" he asked.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:25 pm

Humming to herself, she arched an eyebrow and thought about his question. The first answer that came to her head was a bitter "nothing", but that sounded too self-pitying for Ninette to ever allow herself to say out loud. She didn't want other's pitying her, so why would she allow herself.

"I like what any other girl with my reputation does," she drawled, voice so bitter it countered the sarcasm she was trying to put into it as well, "Boys, taunting, destructions, and then some more boys. I really thought the rumour mill was still churning that one out. Apparently I need to talk to them about their lack of efficiency."
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:31 am

Edward frowned at her slightly bitter tone, but had a hunch that she didn't mean for it to come out in such a way. He really didn't know that much about Ninette's reputation, but had heard bits and pieces about a girl very similar to her. At the time he didn't know who she was, but now he realized that those people meant the girl standing before him.

Shrugging off the tone, he started to chuckle when she named off the things she liked.

"Ahaha. I see you've got lots of...shall we say hobbies?" he suggested, grinning broadly and then crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well, I didn't know much about who you were until now, so maybe you should talk to them." he said, still smiling.

Looking up and away from her gaze, he squinted when his eyes met the bright rays from the sun. "It's bloody hot out here all of a sudden." he said, his british accent becoming thick when he spoke.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:09 am

"What can I say," she shrugged her shoulders, eyes bright and her lips smirked, "I have a lot of time on my hand; like to have a little variety."

Watching the boy she posed the question back, "You keep yourself busy with more than just reading?"

"Maybe I shall."

Starting to walk, she passed the boy, moving further into the garden not bothering to check if the boy followed or not. She hardly cared either way. "Is it? Hardly noticed."
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Edward smiled, his almost perfectly white teeth flashing as he did so. "I see. Well then, you're one of the few people who actually do have time on their hands." he said.

Edward gave her a small shrug. Having gone over what he would say to a question like this, multiple times, he looked into her eyes briefly before beginning to name off the other things he enjoyed.

"Well, aside from reading, talking, eating, occasionally swimming, though I don't like to all that often, and I have an obsession with dragons." he said grinning. "Well, I wouldn't say obsession more of a...fascination with them." he said correcting himself.

His eyebrows knitted together as he watched her begin to walk away. He wasn't entirely sure if she wanted him to follow, but he really did like her company. Edward didn't generally like being lonely unless he chose to be, so without too much thought he wandered after her.

"It is, to some extent." he replied looking up at the sky again.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:38 pm

"Dragons, huh? Well, isn't that just fascinating," she smirked to herself, only marginally surprised that the boy continued walking with her. She was use to boys following her around, but in those cases they had been much more doting upon her prior to the following. This young man had shown none of the devotion she was use to. So she wasn't entirely sure what motivations were driving his continued interest.

She wasn't going to complain though. Ninette wasn't completely bored yet.

"So tell me, just what is it about dragons that turns your crank? Is it the fire breath, the terrible disposition - the danger with angering them." Ninette had always found it amusing how similar the description of a dragon, and how she and many others saw herself were.

"Maybe someone's burning a fire too close. Dragon's breath always heats up the place you know."
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Edward laughed as he nodded. "Yes, dragons." he said as he continued to follow her. He knew to some extent that she knew he wasn't following her just because he wanted her, like most of the other guys did, he assumed.

He was really just following her because she was good company, she was nice enough, and he was starting to like her, but more as a friend, seeing as he already had a girlfriend. Sure he thought she was pretty, but still, he wasn't following her around because of that.

Shrugging, Edward replied, "Maybe all three." he smirked at his response, though for what reason, he wasn't sure. Sometimes he did it, just because.

"Oh really?" he asked raising an eyebrow and then rolling his eyes as he chuckled. "If you want the Dragon to leave, then, I'm sure he'd understand." he said.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 am

"Only maybe?" She raised her eyebrow and canted her head to the side, "You need to be more sure of yourself, Superman. It's more becoming. Keeps people from questioning you." She nodded her head, and gave a quick wink at him before looking forward again.

Letting out something almost like a laugh she shook her head and bumped her shoulder against the boy.

"I don't mind. I like things hot."
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Edward shrugged. He did have the tendency to not be able to make up his mind about multiple things, but no one had ever really called him out on it. "I'll try to get better at it." he said smiling a little and then dropping his head to watch his feet as he walked.

Side stepping a few centimeters, Edward laughed and lightly bumped her back. "Good, because I do too. Sometimes." he said smirking at his unsureness.

They continued to walk on for sometime just chatting, not really about anything of importance, but Edward didn't really mind. It had been a while since he had actually just talked to a girl, and hadn't tried to hit on her. He did have a girlfriend, so he couldn't hit on Ninette either way, so.

After a little while, Edward fell a little silent, unsure of what to say. Looking at Ninette with a sort of confused expression, he hoped maybe she would bring something interesting up.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:25 pm

"Good," she nodded her head, proud with the assertion, "Trust me - life's easier if you demand your space in it. After all, we were born weren't we? We should have a right to being what we are, and knowing what we know, and doing what we do." Ninette firmly believed that everyone had a right to be themselves, and not have anyone question it. Of course, she was now suffering the problem of herself questioning who she was. But this boy didn't seem the type to do the trouble she had done with her own free will. He shouldn't feel the need to regret anything.

At least she hoped.

After their small talk slowed, and all but stopped - there wandering had taken them almost to the edge of the gardens, the path back to the school was in sight - she raised an eyebrow at the boy, slight amusement in her gaze, "What, nothing left to say?"

She ran a hand through her hair, straightening and fixing it before she turned back to him.

"Got yourself a Lois Lane, Superman?"
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:30 pm

Edward nodded, understanding what she was saying. He had always been himself, and he didn't really care about what people thought about it. It was the way he was raised. His parents had always told him to be himself, and so that was what he was. He looked up to his parents, who had always supported him and his decisions no matter what.

He was happy about that much at least. Though he knew who he was, like everyone else, he had times where he was just straight up confused about what he was meant to do, and sometimes even about who he was, but everyone went through that, right?

Edward gave an awkward sort of smile and shook his head. "Seems that way." he said shrugging. He had a tendency not to be able to carry on a conversation, which wasn't always a good thing.

"Yes, actually. A girl from Hogwarts. We met a while ago actually." he said smiling at the thought of Kat. "What about you? Got a Superman in your life?" he asked, though he said in a way so that she knew she didn't have to tell him if she didn't want to.
    Ninette Fontaine
    Ninette Fontaine
    Sixth Year Prefect
    Sixth Year Prefect

Post by Ninette Fontaine Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:04 pm

"Ahh, Jolly old England," Ninette stated lightly, managing to keep some of her scathing tone out of her voice for the moment. It was hardly fair for her to judge merely on nationality. After all, Simon had been raised there himself. Perhaps that was why she took so poorly to the place now. "Well there's always some one out there for everyone, ain't there?"

She raised an eyebrow. Hadn't he heard anything about her? Surely even if he was clueless to her past, he must have heard about Zander? She had been hearing about nothing else for the past week. It honestly was not as interesting as they were all making it out to be.

"Oh ask around Superman. I'm sure they'll be someone willing to tell you a thing or two." Giving a small smirk, she waved her fingers and then before he could say anything she had disappeared into the school, not stopping to look back.
    Edward Raquin
    Edward Raquin
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Edward Raquin Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm

"I guess so..." Edward said, frowning a little. There was something in her tone of voice at the mention of England, and it bothered him a little.

Edward shook his head, and stretched a little as he watched Ninette disappear inside. He didn't bother to follow her this time, he really wanted to return to the garden and finish his reading.

As he turned and walked back to his spot, he wondered how clueless he really was about this girl. She seemed to have a reputation amongst the students, but Edward had the feeling he was missing something.

Shrugging to himself as he arrived back to his reading spot, he lay back down onto the grass and continued his reading.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:19 pm