Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Curiosity Killed the Cat

Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Curiosity Killed the Cat Empty Curiosity Killed the Cat

Post by Vera Parker Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 pm

This time, Vera wasn't in fact lost, though she supposed that her last little escaped on which ever floor she had misplaced herself on - she still did not know what they did on that floor, or if she had learned she had promptly forgotten - could help her in this situation.

Truth to be told, at this point in time, the pregnant woman was just doing what she was always doing - she was being curious. There was nothing that could be labelled as "restricted" or "forbidden" that Vera wouldn't at least attempt to worm her way into - and usually she was quite successful at it.

Hovering around the entrance to department, having drifted over there after she had gone to pick up something from an Auror heading to the courtrooms, the only thing that was causing her to hesitate was getting Brock in trouble. To be honest, she wasn't sure how much trouble she may or may not get in, getting caught hovering where she shouldn't be, but she didn't want to get the man responsible for getting her this job in trouble too.

That was just an awful thank you for someone she loved.

So for the moment, Vera hovered, glancing over the file in her head, as if she had just remembered to look over it, while her mind whirred, trying to weigh out the pros and cons of going for it.
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Curiosity Killed the Cat Empty Re: Curiosity Killed the Cat

Post by Brock Veni Cox Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 am

"That look on your face usually means that you're going to try and do something you know isn't allowed." His voice held a warning somewhere behind his affection, a wariness that wasn't able to move across his expression stealing through him. If Brock Cox had learned anything about his future Mrs. Cox, it was that she was insatiable in a lot of things, one of the more prominent ones being curiosity.

Leaning against the wall in a simple tuxedo vest and pant combo, he held his robe folded over one arm, the other crossed casually across his chest. He continued to gaze at her, raising an eyebrow before grinning. "I hope you aren't trying to get me fired, Mrs. Cox. That would make me very unhappy."
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 am

Vera looked up from the papers she wasn't reading at all, to grin at the owner of the voice. If she had to be caught by anyone, Brock was the best of them all. In truth, it was probably only Brock who could have picked off the danger that had been her expression. Her head cocked to the side, and a giddy little grin crossed her face as she heard "Mrs. Cox". The whole phrase made her feel like an school girl - she would want to write the name on a piece of paper if she could, just to feel that feeling all the time.

However, she had just a tiny bit of self-restraint from doing that. Or at the very least the self-restraint to make sure no one was around and burn it after.

"Would I do something like that to you?" she responded easily, "And would you really be unhappy? You know, I hear that you have a really pretty, amazing, fantastic fiancé. That's got to be something to be happy about."

Letting out a soft laugh she still looked behind her at the door she was still standing in front of.

"But aren't you just a little bit curious?"
    Brock Veni Cox
    Brock Veni Cox
    Ministry Official
    Ministry Official

Post by Brock Veni Cox Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

"An amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, unbelievably incorrigible fiancé, who if I am expected to take care of, I will need a job to provide for." He said, not moving from his place on the wall. "And with a child, too, that's a lot of people to care for unemployed." He opened his arms for her, still unmoving, but his gaze softened. "Come here. I don't like you to be away from me."

"I know what I need to know. That's all I need to know." He grinned, raising an eyebrow at her. "There's nothing in there I want to be peeking into. My life is complicated enough without all the magical confusion."

He beckoned to her, pouting. "Come here." He whined, giving her a childish pout.
    Vera Parker
    Vera Parker
    Adult
    Adult

Post by Vera Parker Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 pm

"You know, crazy as it sounds, I heard a rumour that she might just be able to provide for herself every now and again," Vera's grin was impish. True this was the first job she had ever appeared to really take seriously, and she had been hard up for money on more than one occasion, but that didn't mean she couldn't take life seriously if she needed to. If not for herself than for her family. "Hmm, you don't? If you can't handle just a little space, what do you do when I'm not in the room? Curl into a ball?" She enjoyed teasing him so very much. Though behind that teasing, she knew what he meant. She never liked being far from him either, and in fact it was taking great efforts on her own part to not follow his order immediately.

An elaborate pout pulled on her features, her eyes still sparkling despite the expression, "But don't you just need- It's a secret Brockie. You know how I am about secrets." If she didn't know it, she was going to search it down until she did. In the end, the only way you were going to keep a secret from Vera peacefully was to not let her know that there was something that she didn't know. If she caught even a hint, you might as well tell her, or be doomed to endless pestering and investigation.

"You know," she took a small step forward, just within the man's reach though he'd have to make the action to do so. She still wasn't touching him, "I don't see why as the pregnant one I have to do all the moving and work around here."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:29 pm