Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

Finest table of them all (Ric and Sophia)

Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Finest table of them all (Ric and Sophia) Empty Finest table of them all (Ric and Sophia)

Post by Asric Chaos Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Ric apparated them both just outside of the restaurant and turned to smiled at Sophia. "The Blue pomegranite, the best restaurant around. I've been here twice and the food is superb." He smiled leading her inside. There was a huge que stood waiting to be seated but he made his way to the front and smiled at the waiter on the podium.

"Table for two please." He said before he was cut off. "Back of the line you can wait like everyone else." Said the waiter in a bored tone, it was clear he'd been working for long hours.

"Excuse me? Do you know who i am? Bring out the chef. Now! I want to speak to the chef because you wont be working here much longer." He said peering over the waiters shoulder over to the kitchen.

"Sorry Sir but the Chef is busy if you would like to eat i suggest you line up you are blocking th que." Said the man before turning to look at an old woman stood at the front of the que.

He sighed. "You dare embarrass me in front of my friend here?" He said sending his patronus to fetch for the chef and minutes later a chubby man came pounding out of the kitchen throwing a towel over his shoulder. "Jeeves do we have a problem here? Why is My Chaos still stood here waiting?" He said moving over to shakes Asrics hand.

"Nice to see you again Asric oh and you've brought a friends. Pleasure." He smiled bowing his head to Sophia. "I hope Jeeves hasn't been too much of a problem. Here i'll show you to your table." He smiled holding his arm out to direct them the right way.

"Actually his tone needs working on its disgusting for the front man of your restaurant." He said leading Sophia up to where the chef had pointed.

"That is the headmaster of Hogwarts you idiot." whispered the chef hitting Jeeves over the head with the towel. "I shall send over a waiter in a moment Mr Chaos." Smiled the chef before making his way back into the kitchen.

"That was interesting to say the least." He smiled holding out Sophias seat so she could sit down. "So what do you think of the place so far. Forget about the waiter at the front." He smiled handing her a menu. "Order what you like."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Finest table of them all (Ric and Sophia) Empty Re: Finest table of them all (Ric and Sophia)

Post by Sophia Chaos Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 am

Sophia returned his smile, following him inside the restaurant. She was a bit surprised when he led them past those who were waiting to be seated, but elected not to say anything. The woman listened to Asric's exchange with the waiter quietly, head only slightly bowed. With a small smile, she nodded back at the chef, before following him and Asric to the table.

Once more, the woman returned the man's smile, only this time it was minutely strained. She took the seat he held out for her.

"It seems very nice," Sophia answered. "I haven't often been to a place so fancy. I'm surprised it's open quite so late.

"Thank you," she added as he handed her a menu.

Sophia looked up to greet the waiter with a smile when he arrived. "I'll have the arugula salad and fettuccine primavera, please," she told him. "Just water to drink."
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Finest table of them all (Ric and Sophia) Empty Re: Finest table of them all (Ric and Sophia)

Post by Asric Chaos Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:00 pm

He frowned. "You okay?" He asked hoping that little display hadn't forced her away. He really was beginning to like this woman which was always a dangerous territory to enter for hunters. It went against all their codes but to hell with the codes, he wasn't a hunter anymore he was the headmaster of Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry.

He smiled. "Oh this play is open 24/ 7 the chef just loves to cook. He's an old friend which is why i get in so quick." He smiled leaning in closer. "You save a mans life and he's eternally grateful." He shrugged.

He took his own menu and glanced down before deciding on what to have. "The usual please." He smiled handing the menu back. "The chef will know what i mean and a bottle of your finest wine." He said before returning his gaze back to Sophia.

"So what made you get into teaching?" He asked, he wanted to get to know her a little better.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:28 am

"Oh, just not quite accustomed to the whole 'privileged' treatment, I suppose," Sophia said. Pausing a moment, she decided to continue. "It's just that I've always felt that those who are very important have an even greater need for humility. What you did... the way we came in here, passed everyone; bit underhanded, isn't it? Yes, you're Headmaster of Hogwarts, and you do a fine job - better then men twice your age and experience - but...

"I don't find you impressive because you're headmaster," she told him, brown eyes earnestly seeking his gaze. "You're impressive because you're you, because you genuinely care for your staff and students, because you know how to make a person feel valued. I just think you're too good a man to use your position - as headmaster, or savior - to get special treatment."

Sophia looked away. "I apologize - I've overstepped my bounds." She briefly shut her eyes. Idiot, she thought in self-reproach.

"Ah, why did I choose to teach? It's quite simple, really," the woman said. "I wanted to try to clear up some of the misinformation there is in the world regarding Divination. It's a rather under-appreciated art, and I believe that's largely because people have been misinformed.

"What about you?" she asked curiously. "What led you to become headmaster?"
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:51 pm

He nodded, he wasn't either but he got used to it eventually. "I know but in my line of work you get really get time to do things like this which is why im allowed to jump the cue. The chef knows how important my work is so he likes to keep me fed and quickly so i can get back out there. Having three jobs isn't easy you know. I have enough paper work to fill my office and enough hits to last me a life time because ive let them all pile up." He frowned, he dreaded the day when he would have to sit down and sort it all out.

"I understand what you mean but it wasn't status that got us here so fast, it was friendship and an understanding of one anothers work. He just likes the thought of me out there removing the filth from the streets. It makes people like him feel a lot safer knowing there someone out there looking out for them you know?" He said hoping she understood because he really wasn't abusing his position he was just using his time more wisely.

"Thanks i'd be offended if you did, i had so many people just interested in mr for what i rather than who i am so its a nice change. So thank you." He smiled. "I'd never abuse my power to get something i wanted." He said because it was true he'd never would do that, not for himself anyway. "No you are entitled to your opinions and id rather you tell me who you feel rather than bottle it all up.

He nodded. "that's a sensible reason theres not many of those around at the minute." He said glancing towards the kitchen. "Well i don't really know to be honest. The minister approached me and asked one day and i just said yes. I didn't even think about it because it meant i could teach hunting as well. Theres not nearly enough hunters in the world Sophia and hunters can often make the world a better place. We removed those that thinks its clever to murder or rape someone. So i suppose i just thought it was about time Hogwarts needed a new lesson and the only way i could do that was to become headmaster." He shrugged.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:37 am

Sophia felt her face flush. Bloody idiot, she thought again.

"Ah, well, I suppose that makes a world of sense," she said. "I didn't realize you were quite so busy. Three jobs? I could only imagine. It would seem I reached a wrong conclusion. I do apologize."

The woman traced the pattern on the tablecloth with her finger. "I could lend you a hand," Sophia offered. "With the paperwork, I mean. There's not really a lot of students in my classes, so my workload is light. Actually, I'm sometimes wonder why I'm still around, I work so little." She grinned.

"You don't have to thank me for being interested in you for who you are," she told him, then upon realizing what she'd said, hastened to add, "I mean, interested as -"

As a friend, was how the sentence was meant to end, but Sophia found that the words were reluctant to cross her lips. "You don't have to thank me for that," she said softly, instead, warmly returning his smile.

Sophia laughed. It was a rather gentle, melodic sound. "That's an awful lot of work to take on for the sake of starting a new class," she teased. "It's a good class, though. A noble career. Any promising students, so far?"
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:45 pm

He nodded and smiled. "It's fine it's my own fault really for having too much on but i just can't bring myself to quit any of them you know? Each one means i can make a difference some how. To better the world we live in. It's a long shot i know but we've got to start somewhere right?" He asked.

He smiled kindly at her, she really was a great woman, beautiful, kind, smart and gifted. "No i wouldn't dump that on you. It's really dull and boring stuff believe me. I don't have any jobs this weekend so ill get it all sorted then but thanks it means a lot that you'd risk your enjoyment for me." He smiled. "Your still around because i like having you around... and the kids they need you." He said running his hand through his hair.

He smiled at her words hoping that meant she felt the same way because he'd look rather stupid if she didn't. "Sophia i..." He began before the waiter returned with their food. "Thank you." He smiled taking his plate and placing it in front of him, the steak looked delicious. He smiled at the sound of her laugh it was oddly relaxing to hear. He smiled. "I know but it should be worth it eventually if those kids learn how to look after themselves and others. Well there's a few, obviously my apprentices i wouldn't have chosen them if i didn't think they were good the other are all good at one or two of the things i teach them but im yet to find anyone that will excel in all parts like a good hunter should be." He said cutting into his steak. "What about you? Found anyone with the gift yet?"
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Merlin, he has a nice smile... Sophia thought, then gave a slight shake of her head. "Have it your way, then," she said when he declined her help. "Perhaps I shall have to interrupt your tedium at some point." She grinned.

Sophia took a thoughtful sip of her water. "There are a few students possessing Gifts of one sort or another - minor ones mostly. Most aren't in my classes," she replied. "My apprentice is possesses the Gift of Dreams. I do believe it shall become quite a reliable asset for her. Presently, they are focused upon her family - I hope it remains that way, for her sake. She's a good lass. Very bright."
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:25 pm

He smiled. "Oh please do, you'll brighten my day. It's not often a beautiful woman knocks on my door for a casual visit. I only seem to get those that want something but i get that comes with the job."

"Oh really? So there are different kinds of divination gifts?" He asked because e had no idea about the subject having never taken it himself. He knew he never had the gift so it would be stupid for him to take it. "Forgive my ignorance but i have no idea about divination." He smiled apologetically.

"So what kind of dreams does she have about them? Good ones i hope. I'd hate for someone so young to see anyone die never mind those they love. It's awful for anyone." He said he didn't need the gift to see people die it came with his line of work.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:57 am

A faint blush spread across Sophia's cheeks as Asric referred her as 'beautiful'. The seer was not wholly ignorant concerning her appearance. She knew that many considered her attractive, but she herself had never thought she was prettier than others. Sophia quite sincerely believed herself to be ordinary, despite the appreciative glances she tended to garner when she went out.

"Indeed, there are," Sophia told him. "There are what are considered the three primary Gifts: dreams, visions, and prophecy. Most seers are strongly gifted in one of these.* There are also lesser gifts - foresight, intuition, both of which can be learned to one degree or another. You also have sensitives, like myself; people who can pick up the projections of others. For instance, what a person might do in the near future or perhaps that which defines them at a given moment.

"It's a bit wearisome, really. I find myself frequently grateful that I excel at Occlumency.

"Gifts fall into three spheres of focus," the woman continued. "Self, which the least common and most easily overlooked; family and friends, which is most common; and then that which lies without a person's immediate personal life. Iris' - I'm sorry, Miss Frances' Gift, as I said, is focused upon family and friends - an varied assortment of them, from what I've learned and a few just to cause her unnecessary concern, I suspect. Her Gift is still developing, so it's a bit overactive at the moment."

She nodded solemnly, her gaze momentarily slipping out of focus as she recalled her latest Dream. "It is horrible to see death," she murmured. "No matter how old you are."

Sophia trailed off, then blinked. She gave a soft laugh. "I'm prattling, aren't I?" she asked. "It would seem I'm especially prone to talking people's ears off. Have I bored you, yet?"

NOTE: * Sophia possesses all of them
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:18 am

He listened carefully to what she had to say, he wanted to learn as much as he could about her because no matter what he did he just found himself caring about her. He always though his brother a fool fir loving and caring for a woman it's only now that he realised how he felt. No hunter should date it was rule number two but less of the hunters take note of that rule now.

He nodded. "so where do you fit into these groups?" he asked because he really didn't know the extent of her gift. He frown I know people say it gets easier the more you see death but it really doesn't, if anything it just makes you feel like a mobster for taking the life or for watching as someone else does." he said rubbing his eyes.

He smiled and shook his head. "no not at all I find it all very interesting. I want to get to know you better Sophia so I'm ready to listen."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 am

"Myself? I am what is known as Fully-Sighted," Sophia answered. "Dreams, visions, prophecy - I possess all of them. In fact, you could say I'm doubly rare. Most Fully-Sighted seers aren't as powerful as those possessing but one Gift. The more Gifts a person possesses, the more magic and energy required to fuel them. It's why when I have a... psychic event, if you will, it takes so much out of me. Dreams are not so bad - I have minor ones quite frequently and completely recall them, as well. Speaking - prophecies, that is - takes a bit more, and I never remember what I've Said. Visions...

"The only vision I've had so far took me days to recover from. I can remember snatches of it, but for the most part, my mind has packed it away," she smiled ruefully. "It was shortly before the Skirmish of Arbroath. I was fifteen at the time." Sophia closed her eyes for a moment.

"You're right, of course. Watching death never gets easier," she said quietly.

A smile spread across her face. "Ah, but it feels like I'm doing all the talking," the woman countered. "It should be your turn, by now. Tell me more about what it is to be a hunter."
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:26 pm

He raised his eyebrows. "Oh so you possess them all? That's amazing means you're more versitile, which is always a good thing to be in life." He smiled. "So because you possess all of the gifts it means you are more drained because each one requires a certain amount of energy?" He asked trying to make sense of it all, because he really was new to all this. This was the first time it would have been explained to him.

He nodded. "Yeah my master seemed to lie alot. This wont hurt one bit, it get easier with time, lifes easier when you are alone with only aquaintences and customers. He said so many things that i have found are lies." He shrugged the last being the worst because he really did not want to move through this world alone. He wanted someone by his side, someone he can trust and love. Someone he couldn't live without.

"I brought you here to talk." He smiled. "You are an interesting person... well i can't really tell you a lot, most of the important stuff is passed down from master to apprentice. My class teaches the students the simple stuff. You know the basics of hunting, taking an animal down, handling the right weapons, that kind of thing." He said looking around to make sure they weren't being listened to. "There are 5 real hunters in the world. Everyone else think they are hunters when really they have no clue. We hunters go back centuries and the same traditions have been used all this time. The big five each take on an apprentice that will eventually take their place in the brother hood. I took on two to make up for my brother." He frowned before moving on because he really didn't want to repeat the events of that day in his mind.

"It's an honour to be called upon to join the brotherhood. Most people though don't even know we exist so our work goes unnoticed. But thats fine because we dont do our work to get credit we do it to make the world a better place." He said before itching his arm. "Erm yeah so thats the basics. Is there anything you wanna know or can we return to hearing about you?" He asked with a warm smile.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:55 pm

"That's correct," Sophia confirmed. "Each Gift requires a certain amount of energy and magic, both."

She listened quietly, her gaze turning empathetic. Reaching across the table, she placed her hand on his. "No one should spend their whole life alone, Ric," she said softly. Seeming to realize belatedly that she was touching him, she withdrew the contact.

"That's very fascinating," Sophia responded sincerely as he told her a bit about being a hunter. "Very noble." Then, she laughed. "I'm not sure there's much else to say. I've never thought myself all that interesting. I'm rather simple, really."
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 pm

He smiled. "See im getting there." He smirked. "A few more hours of hearing about the gift and ill be an expert. This is all very interesting stuff, i never did understand why having the gift of divination automatically makes people think your insane or something. You are probably one of the brightest people i know and i know a lot of people from travelling the world." He said his eye catching a man as he walked past, his hunter senses were going wild at the sight of him but he ignored it, he'd much rather be here with Sophia then out chasing some random guy.

"Kinda like how certain spells take more energy to make, its different for each person what that spell is though. Like each gift is different." e said hoping that made sense because to him it did but sometimes his words failed him and he ended up talking nonsense. His gaze followed her hand until hers reached his and just before she pulled away and gently took it and gave her a smile. He held her hand gently enough so that if she wanted she could quite easily move her hand away. "Thanks, it's becoming a thing you know, my brother Ace had a wife and son... well until they were murdered whilst on the job. I can see the effects love has on a hunter but i can't help wanting it for my self, you know what i mean? Ace has gone insane tracking down his families killer, he wont rest until he sees everyone involved dead. I've never seen him like that he was always the relaxed calm one. He came up with the plans because he was the brains of our trio." He frowned, he worried about his brother, he was after all the closest thing he had ever had to a brother.

He shook his head. "No one is simple, everyone has their individuality." He said. "What's your favourite colour?" He asked.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:04 pm

"You're very quick study," Sophia grinned. "To be fair, though, a lot of the most powerfully gifted Seers were a bit mad - visions, in particular, can be quite a blow to the psyche. As for myself... well, I doubt walking around in midwinter wearing just my nightie appears all that sane."

"Precisely like that," she said, nodding in agreement to what he'd said about spells.

Sophia blushed slightly as Asric took her hand. Her heart sped up a bit. She did not pull away.

"That's terrible," she said, heart aching in sympathy over the loss of a man she'd never met. She could only imagine how grieved the poor man must be. Still, 'better to have known love', wasn't it? She did not say the words aloud, however - they would have sounded callous and trite. Instead, she gave Ric's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Well, believe it or not, my favorite color is grey," she answered. "I like it because it is such an expressive color, really. Sadness, coldness, wrath, warmth - grey expresses them all. And yourself? What is your favorite color?" Her gentle brown eyes gazed into his as she smiled, awaiting his response.
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:38 pm

"Thank you many years of being pushed to be the best makes you learn faster." He smiled. "But through no fault of there own, maybe if they had someone there to help and support them then maybe they wouldn't go mad because they would have someone to share their problems and visions with." He said because most people gifted with divination did seem to be alone quite a lot of the time.

"Well you'd be surprised with the things ive seen and you out in your nightie is one of the better ones believe me. There are a lot of weird things out there and i can honestly say what happened earlier does not make you any less sane than anyone i know. You are a beautiful, intellegent woman and i'd never allow you to go insane if that is what you're afraid of. I will always be here should you need me, for as long as you want me." He said bringing her hand to his lips to place a gentle kiss on it.

He nodded and took a deep breath. "I know it was a few years ago but i still expect to see him around." He frowned.

"Oh grey? That is a good colour but i like a bit of green. It reminds me of the earth and since i've taken on my animagus' natural instincts i love being out doors. It seems much more relaxing." He smiled. "Do you like flowers? What is your favourite flower?" He asked.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:26 am

Sophia smiled as Ric kissed her hand after promising to not let her go insane, to be there. "I'll hold you to that," she told him seriously.

"Green is a lovely color. It's the color of things alive - I do love seeing the grounds in the spring and summer. It's quite breathtaking," Sophia said. "Ah, I tend to like flowers, in general. Carnations own my heart, however. I've also always had a soft spot for the common mallow. My mother grew them in her garden. The flowers were always so simple, yet beautiful. Do you have a favorite flower? Or is that far too girly for a man of your stature?" A teasing smile pulled at her lips.

"So, where do you hail from? Your accent suggests somewhere in England, of course. I grew up in Alness, myself."

Last edited by Sophia Wyse on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:42 pm

He smiled. "Good I hope you do. If you ever need me you know where i am. Just come see me at anytime i'll be up." He said because he probably would, he didn't sleep much now a days anyway.

He nodded. "It is. Its a natural colour and i love being outdoors. In fact my house has two glass walls which on looks the forest surrounding it, its a great view to wake up to, very relaxing." He smiled, he loved being outdoors. His career revolved around being outdoors which is why he loved his job. He nodded. "Carnations are very nice flowers. They are were my mothers favourite actually, i remember my father always buying her some the house was covered in them." He smiled, it brightened the house a lot.

He a laughed. "No i'm not really a flower man to be honest but i would have to agree with you carnations are probably a favourite of mine." He admitted. "Alness? Where is that then?" He asked, he'd traveled all over the world but he never did pick up where the places were, he wasn't great when it came to geography. "Yes i'm from London originally now i just live in the middle of an unknown forest." He smiled, he loved his new place it was peacefull and relaxing it was just a shame he didn't get to go home very often. "So what do you like to do when you're not working?" He asked.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:44 am

Sophia listened as he described the view in his home. "Sounds lovely," she sighed, picturing it in her mind. "I would love to see out all the day. Were my quarters not quite so high, I'd be tempted to charm my walls to be clear.

"Ah, Alness is in the Scottish Highland, off of the Cromarty Firth and divided by the River Averon," Sophia told him. "Long ago, it started out as two parishes. It's mostly muggle, though they donnae really know wizards have such a presence there. Used to be, it was a rather touristy place,* but it's fairly peaceful, now. I miss it, sometimes."

She pondered the new query for a moment as she sipped from her water. "I like to just wander, really. Walk around - out of doors, of course. I also do quite a bit of reading. There's always something new to learn. And yourself? A man with three jobs. Is there ever a time you aren't working?" Sophia asked wryly.

(OOC: From what I can suss out, Alness present-day is a bit touristy. I've decided that by story time present, it has settled down a bit.)
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:07 pm

He smiled, "You'll have to come around some time and ill show you. If you're lucky i might even cook you dinner." He smiled giving her a wink. "You learn how to cook being a hunter believe it or not. Rule number 3 have a balanced diet." He said before cutting off a bit of steak to eat. "Hmm the chef sure knows how to cook a steak, i havent tasted one this nice since my master used to make it." He said savouring the taste. "Hows the salad?" He asked.

"You could always charm your walls to have any view you wish, you know like the ministry is based underground but it has the view of japan from out their windows." He suggested. "It shouldn't be too hard to do surely, i can have a work with someone at the ministry if you want? I'm sure they wouldn't mind telling me the spell." He said, he was sure one of his friends now worked there.

"Oh your scottish?" He asked slightly surprised, he was not expecting that. "That's one place i haven't been, i've been everywhere but scotland which is funny really seeing as its right next to us." He smiled, he'd have to go there some time to have a look around. "Have you ever thought of living there again? I mean you could alway commute to work if you wanted, theres always apparating to Hogsmeade each morning or traveling by floo straight to my office." He suggested. "I go home sometimes and apparate back in the mornings, obviously i cant do that a lot i have a school to look after."

He nodded. "Walking is always a good thing to pass time, what kind of books do you like to read then?" He asked. "Oh no i don't get much time to myself but thats fine because i love my job, if i did have spare time i'd probably still spent it hunting because weirdly enough i find it relaxing." He smiled. "The feeling of catching your prey is always a good one and it never gets old."
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Sophia smiled. "I'll look forward to it," she said. "Though, I must say that being able to cook is a good thing. I'm... not very good at it, myself.

"The salad is wonderful," the woman said, just as she finished it. "As is the pasta. The chef here is very gifted."

She considered charming her walls with a view of some kind. "I might do that. Though, I'm not quite certain how Magus would take to that..."

"Is that so surprising?" Sophia asked. She spoke with a Scottish brogue, which got more distinct when she was upset - as she certainly was earlier that night (morning?). "Aye. Scottish through and through," she grinned. "And I've thought of going back and living near my parents, but... I'm not that person, anymore. I've outgrown that place, much as love it, much as I'm always welcome. I'm content with my quarters, for now. They're home. Someday... well, I suppose I'll be living somewhere else, eventually." She smiled.

"And good exercise as well," said Sophia. "As for reading, most of it has somewhat to do with Divination, predictably enough. I do have a fondness for old muggle classics, however." There was also a good representation of romance stories in Sophia's reading, but she wasn't about to confess to that.

"I imagine that would be quite satisfying," Sophia mused. She could imagine the thrill of the chase, though she wasn't much into hunting herself. Not that she was against it - the woman had just always been the sort to put a spider outside rather than kill it, however, so she left such things to those with a greater appreciation of it.

Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:41 pm

He smiled. "Well you wont need to cook silly, you have me and im a great cook if i say so myself." He smiled giving her a wink. "Anytime, just swing by my place or my office and ill make you whatever you want. Just name it." He said because cooking weirdly enough relaxed him, it was the one time he was able to do something that didn't involve some exercise.

He nodded. "Compliments to the Chef, looks like we will have to come by more often. The food really is superb, no wonder than man has such a big head, always bragging about himself he is. I can see why though, not that id tell him that." He smirked. "He's got a huge ego as it is without me complimenting him."

"Magus being your bird? I admit it would be slightly weird for him, he might even try flying into a wall thinking he's outside. Not good, we will figure something out, something that is good for both of you." He smiled. "Oh i see it now, bit hard concentrating on your accent when in your presense, im finding it quite hard to even pick up your words." He smiled kissing her hand once more.

He nodded. "Having your own place is good, its great to get away sometimes. I'll tell you what, my place is empty most of the time." He said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a pen which he used to right his address on a napkin. "Here, if you ever feel like getting awayand just spending time alone, go to my place and soak in the natural forests. It is a great place for relaxing, you could read yb the lake, paint the scenery whatever helps you relax you could do it." He said handing over the napkin. "Burn it though once you've memorised it, im the secret keeper of my house so thats the secret." He said pocketing the pen again.

"Oh i've heard of quite a lot of people that love muggle books. Guess ill have to try them sometime to see what all the fuss is about." He smiled. "What would you suggest?" He asked before nodding. "It is great fun, although people do look at it in the wrong way." He frowned, people just didn't understand their role properly.
    Sophia Chaos
    Sophia Chaos
    Head of Ravenclaw
    Head of Ravenclaw

Post by Sophia Chaos Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 pm

"Aye. Ravens are rather intelligent birds, though. Some can learn how to talk, even. Magus wouldn't fly into a wall, but he might not be fond of the outdoors being inside, nonetheless."

Her face flushed again. Sophia found that she quite liked when he kissed her hand. She imagined that his lips must be soft...

The woman shook her head a bit to bring herself out of the impromptu reverie she'd found herself in. Accepting the napkin, she study what was written there intently. "Thank you," she told him, tucking it away into her purse. "I'll feed it to the fire as soon as we're back." She could almost see herself there, already, her mind constructing a dwelling she had never seen before and placing it by a lake, all surrounded by trees. A soft laugh escaped her lips as she realized she was dreaming again. She hadn't done so much of it since she was a girl.

"I'm rather fond of an author by the name of Mark Twain, actually," Sophia replied. "He has one, in particular, that's quite fanciful. 'A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court'. Highly fictionalized, of course, but enjoyable nonetheless. I also read a bit of Shakespeare, as well."

The woman nodded. "I imagine they do," she said. She studied them for a moment.

"Do you have an Occlumency shield up?" she asked, then grimaced a bit at how abrupt that must have sounded. "That is... as a sensitive, I get Glimpses from people, projections, if you will. Sometimes, it's a moment from their past which defines them at the moment, more often, it's something they intend to do within the next day or so. It's not the same every time, for anyone, but I've found that each person has... a different feel. It's not a lot of information, but it can be rather personal...

"I was just wondering if... if I could - only if it wouldn't be too imposing, of course," Sophia told him. "I've always been the curious sort. Feel free to say no."
    Asric Chaos
    Asric Chaos
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Asric Chaos Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:13 am

He nodded. "I know i become one as an animagus." He smiled. "Well that and a dire wolf, i've learnt them both makes it more useful for a hunter to have a land and air animagus. Two different sets of senses and point of views." He explained. "Yeah i guess it would be like teasing him, its like not being able to eat something but sitting at a table full of the stuff."

"Oh please do, i'd hate for my house to be known publically. The daily prophet writers would have a field day, they've been looking for my lair ever since i became headmaster but since i apparate straight to my home they can't follow me even if they could." He chuckled, reporters would do anything now a days for a good story, not like his life was interesting enough to make the front page.

"Hmm Mark Twain, i've never heard of him but im willing to look into it so thanks for the tip." He smiled taking a sip of his firewhiskey. "Oh Shakespeare ive heard of he's famous amonst us wizards too, my mother used to love reading his stuff. I remember Romeo and whats her name." He said trying to think of her name. "Well whatever her name is, that was her favourite she read it all the time."

He nodded. "I have information up here that doesn't belong to me im just carrying it so i can pass it down to the next kid in line to take my place." He explained. "Oh..." He said finally realising what she wanted. "I'll tell you what ill open my mind but im keeping the hunter stuff locked up. Deal?" He asked, it was more than both their lives if he let her in on the hunters code and secrets.

"I have nothing else to hide so go ahead, try me." He smiled lowering his shields but keeping those important hunting information locked away at the back of his mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am