Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

From the High Table | OPEN

Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

From the High Table | OPEN Empty From the High Table | OPEN

Post by Madisen Lewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:47 am

Mad ate her breakfast silently, her gaze idly roving over the students seated at the House tables below. Breakfast was, perhaps, the quietest meal of the day - children who had stayed up too late had yet to wake fully, choosing instead to doze over their eggs and toast.

The woman took a sip of her tea. Another day was beginning.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

From the High Table | OPEN Empty Re: From the High Table | OPEN

Post by Colin O'Brian Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Colin sat down at the high table, glad that for once the children seemed to be quiet - to an extent. He hadn't slept well, and he had been looking forward to breakfast with yelling children.

"Morning," he nodded to the woman beside him - another collegue he had yet to meet.

Sighing he placed some food on his plate.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:18 pm

The woman turned her head to regard the man who had sat beside her. The new Head of Hufflepuff and Astronomy professor, she thought.

"Morning," she replied calmly.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:50 am

He stopped and appraised her for a moment. The woman seemed the serious sort. Not necissarily unkind, but likes things straight up. He knew Professors like that when he was in school. It was good for the students.

"I'm I to expect the students to be this... calm every morning or is this just a rare day of luck?" He chuckled softly to his neighbor.

Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:08 am

"It varies a bit," Mad answered. "They do tend to be a bit quieter at breakfast than at other meals. The main exceptions tend to be the mornings following Halloween and holidays.

"How are you settling in to your new positions?" she inquired. "This castle can be a bit disorienting for those not yet accustomed to its idiosyncrasies."
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:02 pm

"Disorienting," Colin nodded, "That's a good word for it."

He paused thinking of the last few days or so, "I am settling better than I had thought. I imagine it will take some time for the Castle to become..." he was going to say home, but he doubted it would ever be that, "comfortable, but for now I think I'm getting by as well as can be expected."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:09 pm

"Good," said Mad. "It is rather problematic when professors persist in getting lost. One of the former History of Magic professors is still said to be wandering about the dungeons."

It was impossible to tell from either Mad's tone or expression whether she was joking or not. Judging by both, she was perfectly serious. She took a sip from her tea.

"Mad Lewis, by the way," she introduced herself. "I'm the Charms mistress."

Last edited by Madisen Lewis on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Colin at first took the statment of the lost Professor to be a joke, but upon studying the woman's expression decided that she appeared quite serious about it, "Well I do believe I know enough of my way to make it to my classroom and back."

"Nice to meet you Mad," he nodded, "I'm Colin O'Brian - Since you probably already know the rest of your collegues, you are most likely already aware of the face that I'm the new Astronomy teacher, as well as head of Hufflepuff."

Mad didn't look like the type of person who would miss a common fact like that.
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:17 am

A very faint smirk pulled at Mad's lips, hidden behind her teacup, when it seemed the man had taken her anecdote seriously. He'd eventually discover that she had been having him on, but in the meantime, she'd gotten her bit of amusement for the day.

"Indeed, I am," Mad confirmed. "I know everyone in this school," she tilted her head towards the rest of the room to indicate that she meant the students, as well, "by name, at least, if not by reputation.

"I suppose it is only polite that I welcome you to Hogwarts."
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

From the High Table | OPEN Empty From the High Table

Post by Shaun Moody Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:49 am

Shaun walked into the great Hall with somewhat a tired feet. What with making lesson plans making this late in session. He took a seat on the other side of the man. "Good morning, Professors." he muttered absently, reaching for some toast.
    Colin O'Brian
    Colin O'Brian
    Head of Hufflepuff
    Head of Hufflepuff

Post by Colin O'Brian Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 pm

"Well then Mad, it is only polite to say thank you."

Colin turned to the new Professor, "Morning."
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:13 pm

"Morning," Mad greeted the new Potions Master. "I haven't felt any tremors recently, so I presume that none of the children have managed to blow up your classroom."
    Shaun Moody
    Shaun Moody
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

From the High Table | OPEN Empty From the high table

Post by Shaun Moody Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:41 am

'Fortunately' the corner of his mouth twitched up. 'The first year lesson was a close call though. How about you? How are the students in Charms?'
    Madisen Lewis
    Madisen Lewis
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Madisen Lewis Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:33 pm

"It would seem that most of my own students are suitably adept at Charms," replied Mad. "There is a fifth-year I've always wondered about, however. He seemed to possess a unique talent for making spells do that which they were never meant to. He melted a cauldron with a cleaning charm his second year," she stated as evidence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 pm