Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Myth or Mythout? Lesson 1, First Years

Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Location : Watching from the bushes. Be warned. I'm after you.

Myth or Mythout? Lesson 1, First Years Empty Myth or Mythout? Lesson 1, First Years

Post by Amélie Blanchard Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Mel walked into Mythology, a class she was thoroughly anticipating. She'd always liked old Greek mythology and she wondered if they'd be tudying that or Roman. Though they were basically the same, she mused, just with different names. She sat in a desk and put her chin in her hands, propping her elbows on the table, and gazed vacantly into space thinking of her favorite goddess, Artemis.
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Myth or Mythout? Lesson 1, First Years Empty Re: Myth or Mythout? Lesson 1, First Years

Post by Lucille Starbursts Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 am

Lucille walked into the classroom feeling surprisingly excited. Mythology sounded interesting if anything. She noticed another student in the classroom and sat in the seat behind her.

Tapping the girl on the shoulder, she said cheerfully, "Hello! I'm Lucille Starbursts."
    Korrie Johnson
    Korrie Johnson
    Second Year
    Second Year

Myth or Mythout? Lesson 1, First Years Empty Re: Myth or Mythout? Lesson 1, First Years

Post by Korrie Johnson Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 am

Korrie walked into her favorite subject. Korrie loved Mythology, it was her favorite and strongest subject. Korrie saw two other girls there already when she arrived. "Hello, I'm Korrie Johnson" Korrie introduced herself. She took a seat in the back of the class to keep away from the board. The closer you are the more you get called on. Even though this was her favorite subject, didn't mean she wants to get called on all the time.
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 am

Lucille heard the other girl come in and waved back at her. "Hello, I'm Lucille Starbursts. Why are you sitting way back there?"
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Mel shook her head and popped out of her daydream about the gods. "Sorry, mind bunnies," she said apologetically. "I'm Amélie Blanchard, but you can call me Mel. And I recognize you," she said, turning to Korrie, "from Equitation (OOC, I have no idea if I spelled that right) Lessons this morning. Hello again!"
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Lucille laughed softly. "Yeah, I daydream sometimes too. It's nice to meet you, Mel. Say... do you happen to have an older brother? I feel like I've heard of the name Blanchard before."
    Korrie Johnson
    Korrie Johnson
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Korrie Johnson Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Korrie heard the one girl ask why she was sitting in the back of the class. "I'm sitting back here because if you're up close and personal, you get called on more" Korrie explained to them, Korrie hoped her friend Laurent was in this class but he's not.
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Mel looked at Lucille. "Yeah, his name is Alec... should he know you? Or should I? Do you have siblings who know him?"

Glancing around, Mel looked at Korrie slyly. "Well that's not going to be much help if there's just three of us, so why don't you come up here so we don't have to yell to talk?"
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:24 am

Lucille nodded at Korrie. "I suppose that's true but that also means you can't really meet anyone can you?"

She looked back at Mel and smiled, "No, no. I just have heard of him. Lots of talk about him on the carriage actually."
    Pierre Lamoureux
    Pierre Lamoureux
    Head of Angélique
    Head of Angélique

Post by Pierre Lamoureux Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 am

"Ladies," Pierre greeted his students, his tone emotionless as he came into the classroom, moving to the front of the room. "Welcome to mythology. This subject is very challenging. Though the level of difficulty depends on how deeply you choose to go into the myths that you learn here. There is an abundance of knowledge that can be explored and seven years of education in this subject will only give you the few top layers of that knowledge. I have been studying it continuously for more than twenty years now and intend to continue so for many more," he told his students as he rested on the edge of his desk, looking at the girls intently.

"In today's lesson you will be learning what a myth actually is. Can anyone tell me one characteristic a myth must have?" he asked.
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Mel looked around desperately, but the other two didn't seem inclined to answer. Oh well, time to guess, she thought. She raised her hand and said, "Um... a myth is usually used by people to explain something unexplicable. It's a story that was once considered true by the people who used it for explanation."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:20 pm