Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Myth and Mystery, Lesson 3, Firsties

Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Location : Watching from the bushes. Be warned. I'm after you.

Myth and Mystery, Lesson 3, Firsties Empty Myth and Mystery, Lesson 3, Firsties

Post by Amélie Blanchard Mon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Mel walked into her Mythology classroom, eager for another lesson. This was proving to be an interesting class, though she hoped they went more in depth than last time. She was disappointed to see no one there, but she sat down, took out her Mythology textbook, and began to leaf through it curiously.
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Myth and Mystery, Lesson 3, Firsties Empty Re: Myth and Mystery, Lesson 3, Firsties

Post by Lucille Starbursts Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Lucille walked into the classroom and wasn't surprised to see Mel already there.

"Beat me here again, huh?" she jokingly greeted, taking a seat behind the girl. Seeing that Mel was looking through the textbook, Lucille laughed and said, "I read the textbook too, actually. I was saddened by the lack of conversation last time and I wanted to read about the lesson we would've learned."

She leaned back in her seat and twirled a piece of her hair around mindlessly, muttering half to herself, "I hope we get to discuss it more this time. Maybe actually do something."
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Myth and Mystery, Lesson 3, Firsties Empty Re: Myth and Mystery, Lesson 3, Firsties

Post by Amélie Blanchard Tue May 15, 2012 12:07 am

Mel grinned at Lucille. "Yeah. Maybe you're just a slowpoke," she teased. "I was bored, so I started looking through the stories. There's actually some really interesting stuff in here, we just didn't cover any of it."

Mel wasn't sure if the comment was meant for her, but responded anyway. "Yeah, that would be nice. I really wish we had gotten deeper than 'What's a myth?' last time."
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 pm

"Possibly," Lucille shrugged and smiled brightly. "Well, naturally we didn't cover it. We never get to the interesting stuff, do we?"

She laughed and nodded. "I know. We had a good conversation though for a little bit, don't you think? Our professor just doesn't seem inclined to join us. Maybe he gets bored easily. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm not questioning his teaching skills at all, he's great actually, and I appreciate what he's doing. I just wish he'd be more... interested in the subject instead of so impassive."
    Amélie Blanchard
    Amélie Blanchard
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Amélie Blanchard Wed May 16, 2012 12:08 am

Mel thought for a moment. "I don't know. Maybe he's just trying to nudge us in the right direction while also making us think? Or he wanted to see how much we could come up with on our own? Or we could just go with he didn't care that much- it's always a possibility."
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Wed May 16, 2012 12:27 am

Lucille considered this and nodded in agreement. "The second option is the most likely. It is more of a discussion based class anyways so we'll be talking a lot." She laughed good-naturedly. "But I do want to do an activity or something. Make a diagram of the Parthenon or something."
    Korrie Johnson
    Korrie Johnson
    Second Year
    Second Year

Post by Korrie Johnson Mon May 21, 2012 11:50 am

Korrie walked into the classroom excited for the class. She loved this class so much because it was Mythology. Korrie waved to the other girls and took a seat. She took notice that the professor was not here yet and sat back in her chair. She was used to the professor being late but oh well, this gave her time to do other things.
    Pierre Lamoureux
    Pierre Lamoureux
    Head of Angélique
    Head of Angélique

Post by Pierre Lamoureux Tue May 22, 2012 11:18 am

"There are many angles from which Mythology can be studied," Pierre said as he caame into the classroom from his office, not bothering to greet the students. There was no need to. Everyone knew why they were there and it was best to get to business right at the start. "Can anyone name some?" he asked the girls as he sat himself behind his desk.
    Lucille Starbursts
    Lucille Starbursts
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Lucille Starbursts Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 pm

Lucille smiled at the other girl who had walked in and then blinked in confusion at the professor's question. Was it a trick one?

Going out on a limb, she said softly, "Myths are studied as symbols, I believe. People study them for philosophical and psychological aspects. You can study a myth by looking thoroughly at its different meanings." Lucille grinned, adding under her breath, "You have to be very innovative to study myths."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 am