Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

2 posters

baking brownies

Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

baking brownies Empty baking brownies

Post by Charlotte West Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 pm

The Slytherin found herself in the kitchens after dinner. It's not that she didn't skip dinner, in fact she enjoyed eating by herself but the desserts they were giving weren't of her satisfaction.

Baking was something she rarely did but when she did, her desserts actually came out to her liking. Perhaps it was because she knew what went into it and dedication she place into it came out in the taste of her desserts.

Asking for the most basic items for chocolate brownies, the house elves brought her what she needed and started to concoct the mix. After she mixing all the ingredients, she placed them on a pan and put them in an oven and set the timer. Asking for a glass of milk, Charlotte sat in one of the stools and inspected the Kitchens. One thing she was sure of is that Durmstrang had a darker feel than Hogwarts and she still wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

baking brownies Empty Re: baking brownies

Post by Afonka Alkaev Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Afonka was still hungry. Because he'd shown up at dinner half way through, he'd really only gotten to have a few bites of food before it'd all been replaced by desserts. And as amazing as desserts were, he couldn't help but take Faye's words to heart and try to cut down on the amount of candy he ingested.

However, that idea flew out of the window as he walked into the kitchens. Gaping at the scene in front of him, he looked at the girl by the oven, "Are you baking something?"
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm

She didn't even flinch when the sudden voice was heard. She could only nod and almost smile.

"Yeah," she replied, finally looking over at the boy. "I'm baking brownies. Didn't find the ones that were baked here to my liking."

Sitting so she could look at the boy directly, she asked, "Would you like some when they're done?"
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:28 pm

"Brownies...." Afonka grinned, clapping his hands together, "I love brownies." Taking a seat by her, he grinned again at her offer. This girl - a transfer student, he could hear it in her voice - was so nice to offer baked goods to a complete stranger.

"I'd love some." Remembering his manners, he held out a hand, "Thank you. I'm Afonka Alkaev by the way."
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:55 pm

"That's good," she said as she placed her legs on another chair near her. "They've got extra chocolate but don't get used to it," she quickly interjected. "I love food but I don't do give out food or bake it often."

She nodded, happy that she wouldn't have to eat them all by herself. Usually she had Tesla to help her out.

I'll probably save some for Faye too, she thought to herself.

"Charlotte," she said looking at his hand oddly before deciding to shake it. "From Hogwarts, like you've probably noticed."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:34 pm

"Extra chocolate....." Afonka grinned, his mouth beginning to water, "I love chocolate." he said, turning to stare at the oven with wide eyes. Looking back at her, he nodded, "Ok, I'll just savour these ones for a long time." Laughing at himself, he shook his head softly.

"It must be so cool to be from Hogwarts." Afonka breathed, staring at her, "I heard that you guys have ghosts and talking portraits."
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:18 am

Charlotte left eyebrow quirked upwards as she studied the boy when he said he loved chocolate, "Does your mommy allow you to eat chocolate after dinner, even if you already dessert?"

She mentally sighed and rolled her eyes, almost feeling bad for mocking the boy.

"My point is, are you allowed to eat chocolate?" She said once more, "Because by the looks of it, you're getting way too excited for any normal person."

"Hogwarts is amazing and we do have all of that," she agreed as she stared back at him. "The Bloody Barron can be annoying at times, the Fat Friar is annoying as fuck, Lady Ravenclaw usually just associates with people from her house, Nearly Headless Nick is an over dramatic foolish ghost and personally, even if Peeves is a poltergeist, he's about the best damn thing to magical thing that lives in Hogwarts. Best prankster too. I've collaborated with him on multiple occasions."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:37 pm

"Well, no." Sighing softly, Afonka frowned, slumping his shoulders, "Because I get really hyper when I eat chocolate. But it's worth it," he nodded, "because chocolate is just that good."

And it was. It was so sweet and chocolatey. Grinning at the thought of chocolate, he glanced back at the brownies in the oven.

Looking back at Charlotte, his eyes widened, "You're a prankster? What's the best prank you've ever pulled?"

Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:18 am

"Maybe I should give you some," she smirked. "You know, if you promise to cause a little havoc around school."

Looking over to oven, she saw they were going well. She also smiled innocently, letting the smell of the chocolate fill her nostrils.

"Not a direct prankster," she chuckled. "I put pranks in motion, digging into people's mind to make sure they do the prank so I don't get in trouble. Kind of ingenious if you ask me but I suppose you could say that best prank I ever planted was when I told a first year that the kitchens were in the seventh floor in the room of requirement which is really hard to find. However, I kept insisting and soon, most of the first year students would head up there instead of the real kitchens. The girl figured it out and tried to blame it on me but no one would believe her anymore."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:06 pm

"I think I would." Afonka laughed, remembering what happened last time, "No, I know I would. But it's totally worth it."

Deeply inhaling the sweet smell of the brownies, he sighed softly, shooting Charlotte a toothy grin.

"Wow," Afonka breathed, eyes wide after he listened to her story, "You must be a genius to be able to come up with that idea in the first place. I know I couldn't." frowning slightly, he shrugged, pushing the thought away, looking back at the girl.
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm

"Good, then you'll have some," she grinned. Standing up, Charlotte found her way to the oven, opening it to make sure everything was going great. She grabbed a knife and stuck it into the brownie, when she removed it, she saw some of the batter was stuck into it, telling her it wasn't ready. Frowning, she closed the oven and went back to the stool.

"They're still not ready," she announced.

"So what's it like here kid?" She asked since she had only been here for a few days only.

"Well, it's not that hard," Charlotte responded with a shrug. "Because I'm certainly no genius but all it takes is some constant reminder and taking her to the room of requirement once and that should be it."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:51 am

Grinning at her, he turned, watching her with a look of an anticipation as she headed towards the oven. Pouting slightly at the announcement that the brownies weren't done, he sighed softly, shrugging, "Oh well. Waiting a bit more won't be that bad."

Swinging his feet a bit, Afonka hummed, smiling, "Durmstrang's great. I mean, sure it's cold during the winter, but the people here are great and the grounds are huge and it's just amazing." Sighing, he spread his arms out wide as he described the great school they were currently in.

Nodding, he said, "That's still a pretty genius idea to come up with."
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:51 am

"Eating my brownies will be worth you wait, trust me," she chuckled. "I won't say I'm tooting my own horn, because I am, but I make the most amazing brownies in the world."

Charlotte nodded, listening to his explanation carefully, "I suppose. Back in Hogwarts, this place is considered the home of the Dark Arts since you guys provided that odd fella, Grindelwald or something. Then again, we did raise dear ol' Voldy so I guess it's all fair." She shrugged.

"Thanks," she nodded as she crossed her arms with a small smirk, "Maybe I could teach you some time."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:54 am

"The best brownies in the world...." Afonka stared at her, a trancelike expression on his face before he shook his head, clearing his expression, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before he clapped his hands together, "I can't wait!"

Pausing for a moment, he pulled softly on a lock of his dark hair before speaking softly, "So I guess it's only a matter of time before there's a dark wizard from Beauxbatons."

Staring at her for a moment, he grinned, reaching over to hug her, "Really? Thank you! That's - thank you!"
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:38 am

Charlotte laughed at his expression, rolled her eyes and shook her head, "The best, yes." Even if she showed other wise, the Slytherin was always self-conscious about her desserts. She loved making them and the last person that insulted their goodness, it made her punch them and run away crying. But that was back when she was ten and ever since then, Charlotte had learned self-restraint.

She laughed loudly, "You're kidding right? A dark wizard from that prissy little place? Yeah right. All they teach is creative arts and music and stuff that's not dark wizard related."

Charlotte raised an eyebrow, letting the boy hug her but she didn't hug back. She wasn't much of a huger anyways, "There must be a reason why you want to learn this though."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:19 pm

"These are going to be so awesome!" Afonka grinned, rocking slightly back and forth in anticipation, rubbing his hands together. He couldn't wait. These brownies were going to be worth the wait.

Shrugging slightly, the boy grinned, waving his arms around, "You never know. We might all be attacked with the magic of music and creativity."

Swallowing hard, he sat back in his chair heavily, shrugging slightly, "There's this guy in my house and year who goes around and makes everyone's lives miserable. He sort of deserves to be pranked." Shrugging again, he glanced up at Charlotte again.

Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:34 pm

"Ohh they are," Charlotte laughed. Standing up once more, she checked on the brownies and with a smile, she took them out and placed them in front of them as she sat down once more. "They're done," she grinned as she smelt the rich chocolate. Charlotte asked a house elf for a knife and two tall glasses of milk for both of them. Once being received, she placed the glass in front of the boy and continued to cut the brownies into a reasonable size.

"And now, we wait for them to cool down," she grinned.

"I would wait to be killed," Charlotte said seriously. "I would shoot myself if that happened."

"A boy," she smirked. "Hmm, fine then, I will start to teach you. We can do it another night considering it's about to be past your bed time." She joked.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:58 am

Practically drooling as Charlotte took the brownies from out of the oven, Afonka's eyes widened until they were comparable to saucers. "Wow," he muttered to himself, unable to take his eyes off the chocolateyness of the brownies.

Pouting at the announcement that they'd have to wait, he nodded nonetheless, "Alright."

Mouth falling open, Afonka's eyes widened again, "Seriously? I don't think it'd be that bad."

Clapping his hands together, the Hrabrost's eyes shined, "Thank you!" hugging her again, he smiled, "I've been up later before."

Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:00 pm

"It would help you didn't look at them," Charlotte said as she handed him a napkin with a laugh. "I'm sure your girlfriend would find it gross if you were drooling for something that wasn't her."

She wasn't going to make him wait longer though, it was only like five minutes. But perhaps for him, five minutes with dessert in front of him was an eternity.

Charlotte scoffed, "I do not want to live in a world full of creativity, glitter, paint and anything else. I like the world we live in now. Sure, maybe it could use some improvement but it's better than the world being ruled by some pansy French school."

She rolled her eyes as she hesitantly hugged him back as she muttered with a small smile, "Don't get used to my hugs."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:32 pm

"But it's food." Afonka protested, taking the napkin, "That's different." Pausing, he titled his head towards her, "Wait, how do you know I have a girlfriend?"

Giggling softly, he said, "But it'd be colourful! And everything would be pretty to look at!"

Nodding, he pulled away, "I won't." Still nodding, he gave her a small salute.
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 am

"That's understandable," Charlotte nodded. "And it's my food too... so I guess it's alright."

"I didn't," The Slytherin gave out a chuckle and a smirk right afterwards. "But you just told me." All it was to Charlotte was an assumption and the only thing the boy had done was confirm something she didn't know. It's something that she did often, make a statement that she didn't believe in and then it would be confirmed or denied.

"How does your girlfriend feel about this boy that bully's you?" She asked curiously, "Or does she not know?"

"That's boring," Charlotte scowled at the thought. "A world that everything is pretty. What world would we live in if everything was just like that? A perfect world? I think not. There will always be something that's ugly, one way or another."

She smiled at his salute but the pang in her heart was evident. That was one thing she hated about herself recently. Ever since her sister passed away... she had grown maternal to anyone younger than her. The innocence was present on the boy, much like it was in Faye and anyone other kid she ended up liking. Mavis, her younger sister, was the most innocent girl in the world. Before, she didn't like it but now... now she missed it.

Snapping herself out of her deep thoughts before they could dig themselves into a deeper hole, Charlotte returned the boy's salute with a slight smile.
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Nodding, he smiled, "It is." Glancing back down at the brownies, he crinkled the napkins between his fingers, biting his lip softly.

Glancing back up, he nodded slowly, grinning, "Ah, that's pretty smart." Eyes widening slightly at her question, he glanced down at his lap, "Erm no." swallowing hard, he shrugged, "it just hasn't come up."

Tilting his head slightly, he shrugged, "But just because things look pretty doesn't mean they're perfect."

Glancing back at the brownies, he drummed his fingers against the table, completely missing Charlotte's momentary silence. Flicking his gaze back up, he smiled back at her salute back.

Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:34 pm

"Alright, I think I've tortured you enough," Charlotte said as she placed a brownie in front of the boyt. "Eat up... and then go cause chaos."

Charlotte shrugged at his compliment, or at least she took it as one, and smirked, "Yeah well, the perks of being me." She raised a curious eyebrow, "She tougher than you?" she joked, "Afraid that she might beat up this boy when you couldn't?"

"Well that's what they're going to be aiming for," The Slytherin said. "All they want is pretty and perfect. Or well, the ones I have met are."
    Afonka Alkaev
    Afonka Alkaev
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Afonka Alkaev Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:43 pm

Eyes widening, Afonka grinned, picking up the brownie from in front of him. Bouncing slightly on his seat, he took his first bite of the brownie. It - it was - swallowing, he quickly gobbled up the rest of the brownie, turning to stare at her, "That. Was. Amazing."

Nodding slightly, he looked at her in awe, "It must be pretty awesome to be you." Shaking his head, he glanced down at his feet, "I just don't want her to worry, that's all."

"I've never met anyone from Beauxbatons. I wonder what they're like."
    Charlotte West
    Charlotte West
    Sixth Year
    Sixth Year

Post by Charlotte West Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Charlotte was about to take a bite of her brownie but watching the boy eat his, she slowly put it down and slid it over to him.... along with the rest of the brownie plate, "You can... uh, you can have these."

"Why would you say that," she asked as she rolled her eyes as she and leaned back onto there chair. "I said perks, never said it was amazing." She mumbled the last part though.

The girl nodded, shrugging slightly, "I suppose so but you do know you have to have communication, right?"

"They're sometimes good people," Charlotte said slowly. "Others.... they're just annoyingly happy."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:50 am