Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Wishing it was Holiday

Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Wishing it was Holiday Empty Wishing it was Holiday

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:03 am

Kat had made a trip up to the library to do some studying on some of her classes. Not only here but her summer classes too. She was probably the only person that she knew that went to school year round but it was her choice. She spent 9 months out of the year at Hogwarts learning to be a witch and then spent the rest of the time in America working on her musical and theater things.

She had been studying in America for over two years and could not wait until she graduated and could lived there full time. Currently though all she can do is write her friends. She did befriend a guy by the name of Daniel in one of her schools online chat room, but that was all she knew about him was his first name. But of course when dealing with muggles it is always easier.

The part that is hard with this friend is Kat has to write a letter, send it by owl to her parents and then have her parents mail it. This way does tend to make letters take longer. But hay you just do things.

Kat was curled up in a corner table with some books and parchments laid out working a some homework and didn't notice anyone walking up to her.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Wishing it was Holiday Empty Re: Wishing it was Holiday

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:08 am

Casey was looking around desperately for a table to write a DADA essay, but all the tables were full. She spotted a Ravenclaw girl sitting by herself and walked over. "Hi," she said, a little out of breath from running around under her heavy bag. "Can I sit here?"
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:18 am

Kat looked up when another girl walked up to her table and asked to sit. Kat looked up at her and smiled.

"Sure let me just clean up some of my mess." Kat said as she moved her things out of the way.

Kat generally kept to herself and did not approach people but if they came up to her she didn't snub them.

"I am Kat by the way."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 am

Casey smiled gratefully and plopped her bag on the floor as she sat. "Thanks, you're a lifesaver." She bent over to rummage Around in her bag, popping back up with quill, ink, parchment and textbook. She placed them on the table, glancing up as the girl said her name. Smiling, she replied, "Hey Kat, I'm Casey." She held out her hand.

Casey wrote a few lines on her parchment, then frowned. "Does Impervius work on other substances apart from water?" she asked, chewing on the end of her quill. "Ack, I'll just do it later." She threw down her quill in disgust, then looked up at Kat. "By the way, I detect a fellow American accent. Let's see, I'm a little rusty... Boston? No, wait, New York?"
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:35 am

Kat smiled as she threw her stuff down, "Well it is nice to meet you Casey, welcome to my little corner of the library."

Kat turned a page in the book that she was reading when Casey asked a question about a spell, "Really I am not sure. As far as I know it only works to repel water off of you."

When she asked about her accent Kat never thought about it, "Well don't let my parents hear you say that. They won't like it that New York is rubbing off on me."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:39 am

Casey grinned. "And it's a very nice little corner too. Cozy. And so far, I'm the only annoying stranger to ambush you, yes?" She grinned, making fun of herself.

Casey shrugged. "It's a bit of a mix. But really, I lived in America for most of my life. I can switch between Massachusetts, which is where I lived," she switched to Irish. "And Irish, witch is what I heard. And let me tell you lass, Irish is much more fun," she reverted to American, "but Massachusetts is so much easier."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:47 am

Kat looked around at her corner, "Yep its nice and quiet and that's why I pick it." Kat smiled, "I don't think your annoying at all."

Kat could not help but laugh as she listened to Casey go through the different accents she had and Kat had to admit that she was really good.

"Well I can do many different ones when the time calls for it, but British and New York or Jersey are about it for me."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 am

Casey grinned. "Well thanks for that. I do TRY not to be. I just don't think I always succeed." She shrugged. "Meh, it's who I am. People can deal or avoid me."

Casey shrugged. "I can do Massachusetts, Irish, and British cause those are ones I've heard repeatedly. That's my limit."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:59 am

Kat smiled again at her admission, "Well I tend to be really quiet and shy, but I do tend to come out of my bubble once in awhile."

Writing a couple of sentences on the paper she looked up at Casey, "So what are you hear to work on?"

Kat was doing two or three things at the same time.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:03 am

Casey grinned wickedly. "I'll probably pull you out of your shell more often than 'once in a while.' I'm a 'live outside your comfort zone' kind of girl. Just be sure to tell me when you're uncomfortable. I'll ignore that, then tell me when you can't handle it anymore and I'll listen."

Casey looked at her parchment and sighed, picking it back up. "Defense. I was to write an essay on how Impervius could be useful in a duel." She began writing again. "I suppose I can do it while talking to you."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:12 am

Kat had to smirk at the grin, "Well seeing is I tend not to let anyone in, you might get lucky to be the first, well second."

Kat looked at the paper she had just held up and wondered about the spell itself.

"How do they expect you to write a essay on a water repelling spell. It would only work for defence if someone threw water at you." Kat just shook her head.

"Well I am just writing a letter to my only other friend, in between my essays."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 am

Casey's smirk widened. "Challenge accepted. I shall succeed. It's just how I roll." She struck a dramatic pose, then laughed.

Casey shrugged. "If it's raining, if they use a water spell, if it works on other liquids..." she trailed off. "yeah, that's all I've got."

Csey lookedatthe older girl incredulously. "Only one? I've got three at least." She counted in her head. "Yep, three close friends. so, who is it? Anyone I'd know?"
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Kat could not help but smile again, this had been the first time in awhile she had smiled so much, "I have always loved a good challenge and I have a feeling you will succeed in this one."

This spell was really bugging Kat because she knew that there were other repelling charms. "I can't imagine that there is more than one repelling charm, I mean that would be dumb. You should have one spell that works for everything."

"I don't think you would know them, I met them on a chatroom. His name was Danni. I can't remember what he told me his last name was. That is bad I have known him for a couple of years."

Kat loved charms and maybe if there wasn't one then maybe that is what she would no for her masters when she got there.
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Casey smiled. "See, I'm already getting you to laugh. It's an excellent start. And about the paper, I can probably squeeze out 6 inches of parchment. I mean, that's all they want anyway."

Casey looked up from her essay sharply. "Danni? Does he usually live in Great Britain? Because my best friend's name is Danni." Her grin got really big. "You know what, he's teaching an acting class soon. What if you show up and surprise him?"
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Daniel was walking past the library, when he heard casey say his name. He was in a rather chipper mood, so he decided to waltz in and say hello, no matter how much he startled her.

"i thought i heard my fanclub raving in here" danni said with a chuckle sitting down next to casey. "so who's your friend here?" Dan was dressed rather impressively as always. A pair of white jeans and a black dress shirt, underneath a clear as crystal celophane jacket. A top his head, he had a black fedora and on his feet, knee length doc marten boots. He looked teriffic, well at least in his opinion

(Dans outfit : http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyf9lddUbA1qafewko1_500.jpg)
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Casey grinned at Danni, who she had heard coming 5 bookshelves away. Putting on a fake, over the top Hollywood posh accent, she grabbed his hands and said, "Danni, darling!, I haven't seen you in ages!" She did the little touch cheek to cheek thing. "Mwa, mwa." Then she burst out laughing at his expression. Going back to her normal voice, she said, "What? This IS me we're talking about here." She giggled a little more. Meanwhile her mind was racing as she came up with a background story for Kat. She didn't want Danni knowing quite yet.

Turning back to the table, Casey said non chalantly, "This is Kathleen. She recently moved here from New Jersey." She gave Kat a look, clearly saying play along. There was a mischievous twinkle in her eye.
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Kat liked the idea of the acting class and was about to say she would be glad to come when a guy walked up to them and could not help but smirk when she saw the guy. Looking at the interaction between them she could not help it was adorable and maybe a little over the top, but she liked over the top.

When Casey introduced her as Kathleen she about said something but then she caught the look.

"Yes Kathleen Brun from Jersey.". She said with the best Jersey voice she could muster.

"You must be Danni I have been hearing so much about."
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Dan nodded slowly, something didnt really seem right but, he didnt really know what. He fidgeted slightly. He didnt like the awkward silence and decided to break it.

"Sooo uhhmmm pleasure kathleen from new jersey, and yes, i am Danni, Danni Heartford"
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Kat could not help but smile at the name he looked just like she always thought he would, but she knew it would be more fun later to tell him who she was.

"Please join us, I am sure we can make room." Kat said as she moved over a little.

"So tell me about Danni, what are a few of your favorite things?" Kat loved that line, it was from one of her favorite movies.
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:45 am

Daniel had to think for a minute when she asked him his hobbies. He had so many. He could rattle off a few to casey's new friend.

"Well i like to design, sing, dance, perform..all sorts of artistic things. I can't really play sports to save my life. My brother was blessed with those talents. He and I don't really speak much anymore though."
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Kat listened to Danni talked about what he liked to do and there were no qualms about that. She had yet to see him do anything or hear him, but she had a feeling he was amazing.

Kat knew she had to play it off a little,

"Working with the Arts is a very important part of life, and I also dabble a little in it." she said with a smile

"Living in Jersey it gives me a chance to see shows in New York and things. But its just a hobby, I am more of a behind the scenes type of girl. You know set design and lighting."
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Dan almost grimaced when she said she was a behind the scenes girl. It had never been his cup of tea. He loved to be in the spotlight, sure he was a little shy, but he still loved to perform. And not to mention Gorn and Casey were helping, with all the support they were giving him.

"Jersey has to be a good area for that. Any good theatres out there? Here its hard to find anything worth performing in."
    Casey Donohoe
    Casey Donohoe
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Casey Donohoe Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 pm

Casey had to hide a smirk as Danni was pulled deeper into her little prank despite his doubt. She coughed into her elbow to hide her smile. Kat was good at this. No wonder she was an actress. She smiled politely at the two. "Yes Kathleen, what's the best theatre you've worked in? I'm curious to know as well. And then Danni can share his. My personal favorite is the theatre of Life!" She grinned, eyes twinkling. They were putting on their own little play for sure.
    Katherine Braunstien
    Katherine Braunstien
    Fifth Year
    Fifth Year

Post by Katherine Braunstien Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 am

Kat noticed a little falter in Danni's facial expressions when she commented on backstage work and could not help but smile. She preferred to be onstage but did like the background. A good actress knows all aspects of the theatre.

"Sometimes to get you place in a theatre you have to be willing to do backstage things to get your foot in the door."

Then Kat looked over at Casey and almost broke out laughing, their little prank was working excellent and she hoped in the end when he finally realized who she was when she told him in his class he would not be too upset.

"There are all sorts of theatre's between Jersey and New York. We have Broadway, Off Broadway, smaller companies. There are tons and you can always find a show somewhere to work in." Kat smiled

"My favorite is a little company call 'Misure'. I have no idea what it stands for other than the owners last name. Thats where I have done my work at."
    Daniel Heartford
    Daniel Heartford
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Daniel Heartford Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:47 am

Daniel nodded at the 'foot in the door' speech.

"so true, and as for theatres i've been a part of, well i have done my fair share at the Onstien Theatre, hmmm god, theres so many... it's hard for me to think of them all, but the majority have been done at the Onstien and the Opal." he smiled warmly at the young woman across from him

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 pm