Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

3 posters

Reading Well Outside the Lines

Daniel Agrippa
    Daniel Agrippa
    First Year
    First Year

Reading Well Outside the Lines Empty Reading Well Outside the Lines

Post by Daniel Agrippa Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 am

Many students had homes more than happy to see them home for the break between terms. They sat huddled up beside their moms, dads, sisters, dogs, and whatevers watching a family-friendly program on a family-friendly channel. Nothing about Daniel was "family-friendly," which is why he was here: sitting alone at his own table in the corner of the library.

He did not frequent here while classes were active, for there were too many students cramming for exams, gossiping about whichever cute girl or guy they'd talked to in class-- basically overcrowding the place ironically used for solace. The inescapable social aspect was the worst part about Hogwarts, for Daniel. There were people everywhere: in class, in the halls, in the rooms; there was no escaping a conversation. He always enjoyed a conversation, but never one for the sake of obligation. Being forced into one of those passing "Oh, hello, how are you" spills seemed so trivial to the more objectively-based boy. Slytheryn was definitely the house for him.

All of this was the reason why Daniel sat in that corner aforementioned, a book held to his face, and, with eyes gazing well above the top of the book, feeling oh so hypocritical. Was.... was Daniel feeling lonely? No, he wouldn't admit it, but he *had* become stir-crazy in this vacant evening of studying a subject he knew all too well: Charms. It provided comfort to Daniel to skim over information he already knew; it gave him a false sense of security in playing the equivalent of a published academic work. Still, even pride had limitations to entertainment-value.

"Classes need to start again, soon.... this is getting boring." whined the Slytheryn boy's thoughts as he noticed movement from across the way.
    Ken Oraji
    Ken Oraji
    First Year
    First Year

Reading Well Outside the Lines Empty Re: Reading Well Outside the Lines

Post by Ken Oraji Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:46 am

"Ah, they do have the book I was looking for," the relieved boy let out as he pulled a book from the shelf. He couldn't think of why it would be gone, there was hardly anybody at the school these days. Ken would have gone home for the holiday, but it was his parents anniversary and they were taking a trip for it. Besides, it gave him a chance to further his studies. Ken placed the book under his arm, and made his way to the end of the isle to look for a nice place to sit down and read.

Looking around the room, Ken found plenty of places to sit. There was nobody in the library, save two people. One, a second year Gryffindor girl, sat next to a window, not even attempting to read the book in her lap. Ken knew the feeling, getting lost in daydreams. It was an activity that he often partook in whenever the real world was too boring. The second student was a first year Slytheryn student that Ken had met on the train to school. He sat in the corner of the library. Daniel was his name; well... Ken was pretty sure that was his name.

As Ken rounded the isle's exit, Daniel was peering over his book, looking like he wanted to be anywhere else but where he was. Ken made his way from the bookshelves to the table where Daniel was sitting, "Daniel right?" Ken spoke softly, since it was the library after all. "I'm Ken, we uh... met on the train. You look like you're enjoying that book there," Ken smiled jokingly, "Mind if I sit and join you?"
    Daniel Agrippa
    Daniel Agrippa
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Daniel Agrippa Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 am

Any other day, Ken would've watched Daniel's eyes roll. Any other day, Daniel would have stuffed up and ignored the boy who approached him. Any other day he may have fired a dangerous look to accompany the hidden wand he aimed at the student from under the table the moment he saw his approach. "Do as you will," Daniel voiced, flicking his hidden wrist to gesture where the lad should sit. In response, a chair flinched before sliding backwards.

Had they met on the train? Oh! Right. Daniel was a little ashamed he didn't remember. A somber few were the friends (read as: acquaintances) he'd made since attending the school. Back in the muggle's school, he was considered a "troubled child" due to his abnormalities. Now that abnormalities were normalities, he thought making friends would be easier than what it had been thus far. Perhaps he should take a step away from his studies and gain some valuable numbers....

"Yes, I'm afraid classes move a bit slowly for me.... especially while none are in session." He looked at Ken-- more *into* him than at him, with his piercing green eyes. Why was it like this? It was as if there was some sense of destiny about this young bond. Attempting to shake off said aura, more was said. "It must be worse for you. I saw you were sorted into Ravenclaw." Daniel closed his book, sinking into the back of his chair. "I can't imagine what your House does to fill this dulling break." Ravenclaw: known for their intellect and filling the role of stereotypical book-worms. Ken seemed like more though. He gave off the impression of hosting more than intelligence, but *wit,* and that made all the difference.

Daniel supposed conversation that broke the typical trends was worth entertaining. He was determined to make this constructive use of his time. "What brings you to the library?" the pale boy asked. If he were lucky, his peer sought similar to his own answer.

Oh man!
    Ken Oraji
    Ken Oraji
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ken Oraji Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:31 pm

After setting his book on the table, Ken grabbed the chair before sitting down in it. As a Slytherin, Daniel seemed like the type to find interest in pranks, or in this situation, sliding the chair out from under Ken to watch him fall. To laugh at the Ravenclaw, that would be enjoyable to most Slytherin; but this Ravenclaw would not fall for it. Just because Ken was a Ravenclaw, or the Hogwarts "bookworms", does not mean that he always thought like one. He enjoyed the occasional adventure, or the occasional prank. Which might have been why he knew how to protect himself from a possible jest.

"Most of my house went home, it seems. Ken stated, sitting down in the chair. "I guess the studying they do during class sessions is enough for them, maybe even too much for some. This may or may not have been true. Perhaps for some it was. Perhaps they got their fair share of school while there. Most Ravenclaws, it seemed, spent most of their time studying. After all, they do have a reputation to uphold. But Ken was different. He hadn't become spent while in class, he just became bored.

"It appears that I am here for reasons much the same as yourself." Ken said, nodding to the books on the table. It appeared that both boys had been wanting to do some studying in the Charms area. "Besides, I get bored being cooped up in the Common Room for too long." Ken laughed slightly, "but the question is, are you... catching up, or furthering your grasp on the subject?" This question had a playful, almost joking tone to it. And Ken meant for it too. But at the same time, it was a legitimate question. He didn't know how well Daniel did in class, nor did he think that a Slytherin would be studying Charms while there could be so much more exciting activities taking place.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Alena suddenly popped into the library, groaning once again at her vanishing act. She was in the common room before hand. Oh how she bet that it was covered in glitter at this moment in time, but on the other hand, no one was really here to witness her vanishment and glitter.

Her hearing picked up two biys talking with one another behind her, they stopped as she felt theit eyes on her. Oh no.....

She spun around on the spot, smiling ever so cunningly at them, that nothing had just happened. Her eyes felt their auros and their names came suddenly to her. "Hello Ken, Daniel." She said as she bowed her head, bringing her long blonde hair to the side. Her neon blue eyes glowed as she watched them.
    Daniel Agrippa
    Daniel Agrippa
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Daniel Agrippa Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Daniel stared off again. The pitiful situation he found himself in was brought up. Neither of Ken's guesses were correct. Rather, both were, but not apart.... nor together. "Books alone can only teach you so much," he restated after a few seconds. The Ravenclaw's question didn't exactly go answered, but Daniel felt it a worthy response. And, at that, he sighed. It was miserable to be someone of such esteem, skill, and potential as Daniel thought himself, only to be cooped up with a book he'd read front-to-cover already.

"I just wish this whole thing moved.... faster." He didn't know if Ken would respond to that, or if he even knew what Daniel was talking about. It really was a shame that some students who excelled as prodigies sat alongside the others, the masses, the boring, moral-majority, who moved at their modest pace and, therefore, forced everyone else's speed accordingly. Surely Daniel-- heck, even Ken-- seemed more "on top of things" than the typical moron flinging around lethal weapons in a feeble attempt to cast anything trumping petty sparkles out of the tips of their wands.

And then, a wonderful thought crept into Daniel's mind. The slightest and sliest of grins hid into the side of his lips. The sleepless green eyes searched into Ken again. He sought within him, striking at every psychic appendage of his persona, touching a string or two to see which pieces of this lad could be struck to create a chord. "Ken," he spoke out of a sudden, as if this were the first actual words of the conversation. "Surely *you* must know something more.... beneficial for two students of our tier to do around the castle?"

The latter section of his dialogue, however, became immediately dangerous. Another tray of movement was caught, but too late for him to smudge his words into any jumbled disguise. Besides: Daniel was the type to be much too confident as to change or take back what he'd say. Still, it could be trouble if this girl successfully interpreted the mischief Daniel sought in his unhindered words. Hopefully the girl didn't hear too much.... or.... hopefully she did? How did she know their names? Someone with such unheard-of skill in perception could surely supply an equally fruitful alternative to a boring evening in the library.

"Hello, there." Daniel greeted, his more ominous voice attempting to sound as hospitable as possible. The boy from Slytherin, dark hair coupling his dark clothing, sat waiting. He didn't bother asking her name, or her thoughts on the subject; such ambiguity often fueled initiative on its own. That's to say: the less he said, the more she may feel obligated to say.
    Ken Oraji
    Ken Oraji
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ken Oraji Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Daniel planted quite the seed in Ken's mind. "Something more beneficial". This could take many forms for both of the boys, but Ken had the feeling that he knew exactly what Daniel meant. It was difficult for those, such as him, to be cooped up on such a wonderful day. There was plenty that the two could do that would, as Daniel said, benefit them. But just as Ken opened his mouth to answer, there was a girl's voice to his left; timed perfectly so that one might think that the words "Hello Ken, Daniel" came from Ken's mouth.

At the sound of his name, Ken turned his head to see where the source of the greeting came, and from who. "Hello, there." Daniel spoke as Ken's eyes landed on the girl. A first-year Ravenclaw. Despite being from the same house, Ken was unsure of her name. His dark blue eyes landed on her more lightly colored blue eyes. "... Hello," Ken said quietly. He wasn't sure if it was out of nervousness, or out of surprise of the new addition to the conversation. Ken wasn't as collected as Daniel was. He didn't seem phased at all by the arrival of this girl. Gaining his composure, Ken continued after a short pause. "It appears that you know our names, but it seems that we have not been allowed the privilege of knowing yours." He leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:16 am

A smirk came across her lips as she looked at the Ravenclaw boy. "Thy name is Alena Salvin, same year as you both." She said as she sat down, not bothering to ask if it was taken, obviously not though. "I must apoligise for know you names out of the blue, it's just that it comes to me so easy as my eye land on a person." She tapped her temple.

"You want to know something more beneficial to do around the castle? Well at the present moment, the Forbidden forest has been open to students of every year. The professors haven't bothered to watch us." Alena truthly said, she was only in that forest a couple of week ago. She crossed her arms tightly around her chest, feeling her crystal ball glowing in her robe pocket.
    Daniel Agrippa
    Daniel Agrippa
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Daniel Agrippa Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 pm

My my: was Ken nervous around girrrrrrrrrrls? It certainly seemed so. He spoke hesitantly to greet the girl, who introduced herself as "Alena" after he oh-so-Mr-Darcy-ly asked for her name. Whether he just wasn't at *that* age yet or simply had better things on his mind, Daniel found no present interest in romantically pursuing that sort of relationship with anyone. His ambition existed as his life's bond. "Settle down" or "find someone special" were never, probably never would be, on Daniel's mind. Alas, the lad was still young-- had eleven years. Perhaps his teenage years might reveal more on his unawakened attractions.

Despite the lack of feelings, Alena immediately caught Daniel's interest. Not only did she host some otherworldly mental prowess of identifying the identity of her target, the fellow first-year also knew where to find adventure. "The way she speaks tells me she's been there already, and mentioning that 'the professors haven't bothered to watch us' hints that entering the Forbidden Forest is still, in fact, *forbidden.* So she's willing to take risks despite the authority suggested to her.... interesting," the pale Slytherin boy minded to himself, nodding briefly in a very pleased manner.

At this point, Daniel may have asked the two new acquaintances to join him in a little trek down past the grounds, but his attentive green eyes came preoccupied by the glowing matter in Alena's pocket. He provided a confused look to her person. Of course, Daniel would never lower himself so much as to admit he was ignorant and ask what glowing secret Alena's pocket held, so he hoped either Ken would or that she'd explain on her own.
    Ken Oraji
    Ken Oraji
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ken Oraji Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Ken found it somewhat interesting that this girl, Alena, was completely comfortable in inviting herself to to join them at the table. Most other kids their age would ask, or wait to be invited. But most other kids their age were also kind of boring. Perhaps this would not be the case with Alena Salvin. Ken looked down at his book as the girl sat at the table. The girl spoke of some 'power' that allows her to know people's names just by looking at them. Was it some spell that Ken had not learned? Or was it some special ability that she possessed. Either way, it interested Ken.

Not only had she invited herself to join the two boys at their table, but she also joined in on their conversation. Daniel had asked Ken about knowing of something more beneficial around the castle, and Ken's attempted response was cut down to nothing by this girl's appearance. But where his lack of an answer was supposed to be, her suggestion of adventure was strongly placed. A journey into the Forbidden Forest could indeed be interesting. Ken thought to himself. He hadn't been in the Forbidden Forest yet, for some reason or another.

For once, Daniel was silent. Which seemed... odd. So in lack of response from the Slytherin boy, Ken would fill the void. "You mean to say that..." Ken's words were cut short, as he looked up. His eyes rested on Alena's robes. There was a faint glow coming from them.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Alena felt the cyrstal ball grow warm within her robe. Her hand slithered into her pocket, grabbing hold of the thing. She brought it up by the table, letting it float above her hand. She let out a amused sigh. "So, Daniel you like Creatures, and you Ken like sitting against a tree. Fantastic idea I suggested the Forbidden Forest." She smirked, raising a eyebrow at them both.

Her Crystal ball glowed a future picture of the three, in the forest with a certain sliver blooded unicorn, that she had met last time. she let the ball float from her hand to the center of the table, letting the boys see its inner showings, her neon blue eyes on the ball.

"I can show you your past, present and future if deems be. I can talk to any creature this world has to offer. I am warning you that I am not a freak, but a Fae. So do not call me a fairy, I do not grow wings or have pixie dust. I must warn you ken that the common room will be covered in glitter, seeing as I popped into the Library un-anounced." She looked at both of them, having a blank face.
    Daniel Agrippa
    Daniel Agrippa
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Daniel Agrippa Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 pm

So it was a crystal ball, after all. To be honest, Daniel never bought into Divination all that much. He wasn't skeptical of its accuracy, per say, but Daniel was the type to assure his future through is actions, not some beverage-crummed predictions. After all, time is not set in stone. Any manipulation of the present can drastically alter the future, and that is just the way a Slytherin's ambition would have it.

This girl was skilled in gathering information. She could be useful, if she were submissive, but Daniel knew little of her kind's culture or traits. This feeling of unknowing discomforted Daniel. He needed to sway things back in his favor-- to be the one in control of the show. "You'll have to clean up your pixie-dust later if you'll be joining us in the forest," he sounded off in a confident, progressive tone. This may have been a mistake. Not only did he poke fun at the pointless difference there was between "pixie-dust" and "glitter," but he assumed Ken, who he barely knew, would side with him rather than the nerve-enticing female.

Still, he couldn't let this stabbing doubt show. He pasted his thematically empty grin on his face, standing to his feet as his legs pushed his chair backwards. As he walked past his table where the two Ravenclaws sat, he flicked his wand-hand once again, influencing an invisible force to push in his chair into its table. The girl might host skill in perception, but Daniel would be unmatched in the handling of charms and other spells.

"Coming?" he said-- more taunted, though, in the first playful-sounding tone he'd voiced that day. His eyes darted seductively at the couple as he neared the archway. Surely they wouldn't let a first-year venture into the lethal dark abyss that is the Forbidden Forest all on his own, would they? No. Despite being initiates themselves, Daniel could tell atleast one, if not both of them, would accompany him, if not obligating his protection, then for the same adventure Daniel sought himself. He hid a chuckle, almost too assured he would have comradery for this outing of his.
    Ken Oraji
    Ken Oraji
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ken Oraji Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 pm

So this girl was a Fae huh? Ken didn't know much about the Fae, he assumed they were a secretive being. But this girl had just thrown the fact out there. She obviously wasn't ashamed of it, or felt that it was something worth hiding. And then he processed the glitter subject. He had seen the Common Room covered in glitter before and had passed it off as a girls silly prank. Little did he know that it was an uncontrollable outcome of a girl's travel methods.

The Ravenclaw boy was also surprised to know that this girl could basically read minds. And to know that he enjoyed his leisure time outside sitting under the shade of a tree, remarkable. "Coming?" Daniel had said from a few feet closer to the door, breaking Ken's gaze on the floating crystal ball. Now was not the time, however, to have his fortune told. As it seemed that Daniel was on the move to adventure. An adventure that Ken would not be able to pass up. Perhaps, later, back in the Common Room, Ken would learn more about this girl, and her ways.

He was slightly shocked to get an invitation from Daniel. He didn't seem like the type to invite other's to join, but just expected them to. Although he did pause to invite the two Ravenclaw's, Daniel had continued his casual pace towards the library door. Ken looked at Alena, catching her eyes with his, and smiled. "Well, we can't miss out on this adventure." Ken stood up quickly, grabbing both his and Daniel's books, placing them on the cart for books to be sorted back into their respectful spots. Looking back at Alena, he motioned with his head, like he was implying "Let's go!" without saying it. And with that he would turn and head towards the library exit, following Daniel's lead.
    Thor
    Thor
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Thor Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Alena got up, cunningly smriking at the Slytherin like curosity killed the cat sort of sterotype. "Submission isn't my thing Daniel. It's written all over you face.," She paused tapping her finger on her left temple. Her neon blue eyes narrowed, looking at Daniel to summon up his personality.

"I should warn you that the forest can be claustrophobic, can do damage to ones head if not careful. Giving you the heads up on everything. A simple charms spell can make it alot worse, or even pixidust will be thrown in your path way." She snarked, showing her inner Slytherin and Slytherins love to banter.

She knew peoples weaknesses and strenghts when she stays longer with them, can be quite useful to a Slytherins mind, but for a Ravneclaws, such for herself can be more useful infomation. the crystal ball founds its way back into her pocket and she winked at Ken, letting him know that no harm would happen. "Of course, no one can say no to a Adventure, well only if your a Hufflepuff." She giggled, walking by the two boys.
    Daniel Agrippa
    Daniel Agrippa
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Daniel Agrippa Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Alena would've gotten to most boys, by that time. Daniel kept walking, his satisfied look unfaltering. "Submission isn't your thing, yet here you follow." Words were one thing, but actions were another. Lecturing Daniel on the dangers of danger was where all of Alena's precognition, all of her pretentiously unnatural data-gathering, would come to a defining halt. Everyone bore their weaknesses and shortcomings, sure, but if Alena thought for one second she could intimidate this *prodigy* with threats, she was dead wrong.

The driven boy hadn't paused his stride, leading the way out of the library. Ken seemed ready and willing for the outing, which pleased Daniel. It was good to have a companion who shared his lust for excitement and chaos, or atleast a bit of fun. "Careful how much you delve into the minds of others, Alena: you might not like what you find," he lectured at no one but himself, leaving for the forest.
    Ken Oraji
    Ken Oraji
    First Year
    First Year

Post by Ken Oraji Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Ken smiled as he walked towards the door. He was tired of being cooped up in the castle, and with the break closer to being over than starting, he was glad there was going to be some adventure before classes started back. Daniel and Alena began some childish bickering about submission, something that didn't involve Ken, but yet intrigued him. She was reading the minds of the boys, or so it seemed by her remark to Daniel. So, could she tell that Ken had been shy when she appeared? This made Ken blush, but he was neither Daniel, nor Alena could see his face at the moment.

The boy from Ravenclaw remained silent as the group moved through the door, making their way to the forest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:20 pm