Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hogwarts Regenerated

Hello and welcome to Hogwarts Regenerated. We have moved over to http://z13.invisionfree.com/HogwartsRegenerated/index.php? come join us!!

Hogwarts Regenerated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new generation of witches and wizards has come. Whose side are you on?

4 posters

Lesson 2 - First & Second years

Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson 2 - First & Second years Empty Lesson 2 - First & Second years

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 am

Honestly, I thought more students would be interested in Magical Beasts than just this. She rubbed her temples. She'd thought about combining all the classes together, but that would be unfair for the older students. Only 6 students?! She was peeved, but hoping more would show up. The students names were already memorized in her head- Selena Vikenti, Roman Ritter, Faye Hansoff. It was matching the names to the faces that'd be hard for her. She sighed as she patted her large black wolf on the back, waiting for her students at the Magical Beast's "classroom". Not like it could really be considered a "class room". It was open, with her house/hut off to the side. She thought it was nice. She pouted and sat down on a post of a fence, her tan skirt billowing in the light wind.

"Now we wait, Caine." She muttered to her wolf.
    Selena Vikenti
    Selena Vikenti
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Lesson 2 - First & Second years Empty Re: Lesson 2 - First & Second years

Post by Selena Vikenti Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:43 am

Selena rushed herself towards the grounds where the lesson on her next subject will be held. She sighed heavily as she carried her light bag, the calm wind resting on the swaying grass and making her red hair do the same. She stopped her tracks some few feet farther from the waiting professor then stood with her arms crossed. She gave a nod to the lady and went along in waiting for the other non-considerate students to arrive. What's taking them so long?
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Faye walked slowly to magical beasts enjoying being on her own.

She bit her lip and glanced around nervously as she entered. It was only one other girl, Faye didn't recognize her and thought she might be a year younger, and the professor.

She waved nervously to both before taking a spot slightly on her own. She rather hoped this class wouldn't be too too large. She never did like crowds, unless she was able to lose herself in them.
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:47 pm

"Good morning, children." She smiled lightly, "We are only waiting on one more now, I see. We will wait a few more minutes to see if they show." She brushed her long hair back, the wind still blowing it.
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Roman walked over to the small group of people, a little upset that he was the last one to show, but also pleasantly surprised to see Faye there, who he had met on the first day. It was a beautiful day, and he was itching to get something done.
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm

"Ah! Fantastic! You three are all here now." She smiled at the new comer, "And do not worry, Roman, you are still on time." Hoping she wouldn't frighten him, but she was rather good at reading people.

Catori hopped down off the fence post and Cain imidiately stood to attention next to her, moving almost in time with her.

"Now, have any of you had the pleasure of working with Magical Beasts yet?" She asked
    Selena Vikenti
    Selena Vikenti
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Selena Vikenti Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 am

Selena sighed with relief once she heard that the lessons will finally start. And luckily, they are few of them gathered around. Just enough to make her comfortable with the surrounding. Not with the suffocating crowd of strangers that can literally kill her.

She recalled about the question being asked. Whether or not she had encountered a magical beast. Yes. She did. Once with the whole family. The past peaceful and completed one. Not now. Obviously.

"With Thestrals, professor. Although I did not exactly see them. Just their invisible movements."

Selena was amazed when she first did that. That day was actually one of the best moments of her life. Until every bit changed and became ruined.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Faye smiled slightly at Roman and gave a little wave before turning back to the professor.

"Not formally Professor," she spoke in a soft voice, "But I've always like animals... and have interacted with a few I've seen around."
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Roman returned Faye's smile, relieved that she remembered him from the first day.

"Well, one time I was walking in the forest behind my house, and I thought I saw a Waldgeist. But my mother claims they're too rare to be living near us." Then again, Roman was almost certain he had seen a figure in the trees that couldn't possibly be human yet was definitely not an animal, "Then again, it may have just been a Bowtruckle."
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:48 pm

"Ah! Great. So none of you have ever been involved with Salamanders, hmm?" Catori asked lightly petting Caine's head and scratching him behind the ear.

"Salamanders are, unlike their muggle counterparts, enveloped in fire. Would you all enjoy feeding some?" She opened up her suade pouch, "here." She tossed each of them a lump of coal.

"Now, since you all seem to enjoy animals, do you know anything about Salamanders? Of course, I will tell you about them. But I would like to know what you know." She asked them eager to see what they knew as she pulled out her wooden flute and tapped it against the palm of her hand.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:29 am

Faye took the coal and approached the creature slowlyl She loved animals of every kind.

People made her nervous, animals not so much.

"Hello there," she cooed softly, a smile lighting up her face as she held the coal out to the creature, "You're a beautiful creature, aren't you?"

She looked up at the professor, her shyness coming back once more, "I think that I have heard that they can withstand fire... and I believe some people think that they can put a fire out."
    Selena Vikenti
    Selena Vikenti
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Selena Vikenti Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 am

Selena shrugged her shoulders and made her way towards the animal after taking a coal from the professor's pouch. She didn't feel like interacting with their kind yet. And she wondered when would be the time when the excitement of encountering magical creatures return to her. With what happened that made her forget forcefully all the good times of the past. She would rather dare to not go back.

"Hey, there. Want some? Here." Selena offered with a transformed soft voice of hers once the first girl who volunteered finished her duty. She looked at the animal with a hint of interest and watched as it ate the coal.
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Roman looked intently at the Salamander while the other two fed it. "I know that 'six' in runic is represented by a salamander, but I really don't know a lot about the creature itself." He watched the smooth head quickly snap forward to eat the coal.

Selena walked away, and Roman slowly walked toward it. He carefully placed the coal in front of the salamander, being careful not to break eye contact.
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:30 am

"Brilliant! You all seem comfortable with them. And Roman, thank you very much for adding that in." She nodded smiling lightly to the boy. She pulled her wooden flute to her lips and played a soft tune, the Salamander's flames softened, they became slightly sleeply acting.

"Now, first off, I am going to bounce off what Roman said. Salamanders represent six. They have six legs and can be without fire for six hours." She smiled at one of them and tossed it a piece of coal.

"Do any of you know about Salamander blood?" She paused for a moment, not really looking for the answer, "Salamander blood contains curative properties and regenerative properties." Catori's voice was very calm and soft as she spoke, never getting riled up like other professors, and really trying to get to know students, she paused and squatted next to Faye and handed a salamander some coal,

"Salamanders, though they look awfully scarey, are very shy, too, darling." She whispered. She stood again, "Now, even though they have very curative blood, they can get Scale rot... just like Dragons. Do any of you know what Scale rot is??"
    Selena Vikenti
    Selena Vikenti
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Selena Vikenti Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:10 am

"Scale rot's a disease that affects dragons. And including the salamanders themselves. Also other kinds of reptiles as well." Selena explained as she replied to the calm professor's question and continued on what she further knew,

"The symptoms would be that the scales are transforming into a dull, flakey appearance and withering or falling off in large amounts. If they were left untreated in these salamanders, then it could become severe enough that their tails would detach from the whole body."
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 pm

"Indeed, child!" She smiled, "Now. You all ought to remember that. We may have a quiz on it. If I remember that is." She giggled lightly and pulled out a pouch of powder and grabbed four sets of gloves from a basket sitting on a fence post,

"I want each of you to put on a pair of gloves. We are going to be rubbing chili powder on them today! Yes, Chili powder. This both prevents and heals any signs of scale rot." She told them, "And after that, you all are free to leave or stick around till your next class. I do not mind." She smiled.
    Faye Beneparte
    Faye Beneparte
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Faye Beneparte Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:07 am

J. J. followed the orders easily and quite enjoyed the work. She found the Salmanders to be surprisingly endearing creatures.

Once she was done she took off the gloved and then hovered uncertainly. She didn't really know if she wished to go or stay. It was still a while to her next class, but she wasn't sure if it would even make a difference where she waited that space of time out.
    Selena Vikenti
    Selena Vikenti
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Selena Vikenti Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 am

Selena did what they were told with her diligent procedure. She treated the salamander's just right and registered that fact as something that everyone should be thankful for. Since that side of hers is one that rarely shows up. Nor even the kindest of hers to portray. Still, she thought she had done a pretty good job after all.

The Hitrost dusted her gloves tidily and stood up, hoping that leaving wouldn't mind the professor. She looked at the lady with a confused expression and chose to ask her instead, "Um . . . can I go now, professor?"

Sure, half of that statement was a lie because to speak of the truth, her next lesson wouldn't start after an hour. But the eagerness to wander off the grounds was too overwhelming to ignore. And besides, staying here without doing something can kill her to death.
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 am

Catori gave a soft smile to the two, "Great job you two. I am proud of you both! Selena, you may leave if you would like. Faye, if you wish to stay, you may. If you like the Salamanders I have others you can help." She paused and gave a soft, knowing smile to Selena,

"Selena, come here for a moment, love." She ushered her to the side, "There is a lot going on in your heart, is there not?" She gave a motherly smile to her, "I am always here if you would wish for someone to speak to. As are the animals, they listen quite well."
    Roman
    Roman
    Fourth Year
    Fourth Year

Post by Roman Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:31 am

Roman realized that he was the last to finish, again. It was strange, but animals seemed ot make Roman uncharacteristically patient. He even occasionally laughed quietly at the antics of the salamanders, who seemed to thoroughly enjoy the chili powder, and would squirm happily in his hands.

Once he was done, he stood up, brushing the powder off his gloves, satisfied with the work he had gotten done. Then he began to pack up his bag.
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 pm

"Ah, Roman!" She turned to the boy picking up his bag, "Great job. The Salamanders genuinely enjoyed your work. Thank you." She nodded to him, "Have a good day, love. If you would like to come see them any time, please do." She offered.
    Selena Vikenti
    Selena Vikenti
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Selena Vikenti Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:36 am

Selena stopped abruptly and turned towards the professor. She walked slowly, nervous for what she can confess to the lady. Telling her story is something she's currently avoiding obviously. And for the professor to be nice to her, she never needed that. She won't ask for any of it. Surely, she's not the girl that can easily cry on one's shoulder and rant about her inside story. Or even start that part. But with the motherly expression of the teacher? She had to admit, she's missing some sense of motherhood for long. What with being with a horrible mother and all.

"Um. Me? We all have issues professor. But I think mine would be the worst. And I'd rather not talk about it. But I don't want to offend you or anything. It's just that I don't really want to make myself feel worse." Selena said slowly, hoping that she didn't sound rude to the nice lady. She was still somewhat thankful for the help. Though she chose to decline it instead.
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 am

Catori placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, the smile still there. Catori was willing to care for anyone of her students- and any student at all. She nodded, "Understandable, child. The animals are here if you ever need them. As am I, but sometimes they help more." She knew what it was like to not want to talk about something. She just wanted Selena to know that if she needed help, there was always help to be found here.
    Selena Vikenti
    Selena Vikenti
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Selena Vikenti Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:10 am

Selena nodded at the professor with appreciation for her care. She slightly smiled to show how she felt for the help that she's being given. But for now, she wouldn't accept it for her ultimate reason. Perhaps sooner or later on when she feels like it. But that part's still in doubt. She can change her mind on things, but not as soon as possible. To look on the bright side, the girl now knows where to go if ever her mind would bring its transformation. She still wanted to make herself lighter by telling her story.

"Thanks, professor. Now I know if ever I'll make up my mind. But I think for now, I'd rather be alone since where I am is still kind of new to me. And I do need to adjust with the environment." Selena replied casually.
    Catori
    Catori
    Unsorted
    Unsorted

Post by Catori Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:42 pm

"I understand, dear." She smiled, nodded, and made her way back to the Salamanders to see how the children did. She was pleasantly surprised with their work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:42 am